Good morning

Bright nights and dark days

*Nobody POV*

Breathing in deeply, Jinsol's eyes flutter open. A few rays of sunlight are shining in through a crack in the curtains of her bedroom window. Blinking the tiredness out of her eyes, she turns her head, becoming aware of the empty space where her girlfriend had been all night. Sitting up, she stretches her long arms above her head, relishing in the feeling of her muscles stretching and a pleasant scent invading her nose. Jinsol gets out of bed, her long pyjama shirt falling to the middle of her thighs. As she makes her way out of the bedroom to find Jungeun, she runs a hand through her hair, trying to tame the wild bed head she was sporting.

Jungeun chuckles at the sight of a sleepy Jinsol entering the living room. From where she stands at the kitchen counter, she can see the confusion in her eyes as she tries to find Jungeun. The younger girl steps around the counter and catcher her girlfriend's eyes. 'Good morning, sleepyhead.' Jinsol groans and drapes herself over Jungeun, smiling against her head. 'Good morning, love.' 

The pair stay like that in the middle of Jinsol's cosy living room, holding each other tightly with gentle smiles on their lips. Feeling like it's lasted long enough, a shaggy golden retriever jumps in between, pawing at his owner softly. The girls giggle at his antics and Jinsol crouches down to ruffle Boris' fur. 'Hey, buddy.' He happily at her hand and playfully starts jumping around. Jungeun smiles down at them and moves back to the kitchen. 'I made us breakfast. Why don't you go wash up and I'll finish setting the table.' Jinsol nods and turns to move towards the bathroom after blowing Jungeun a kiss. 

Setting the table, Jungeun hums to herself happily. Last night, they had enjoyed each other's company and made love for the first time. They agreed they were ready and trust was never an issue between them. Blushing at the memories, Jungeun nearly drops the cup of coffee she was preparing for Jinsol. Boris sits at her feet, tilting his head at the human's weirdness. 'Don't look at me like that.' Sticking out her tongue at him, she successfully finishes setting the table and gives Boris his breakfast. 

'This looks amazing, Jungie.' Jinsol smiles widely as she approaches her small kitchen table. Jungeun prepared pancakes and fruit salads, decorating their plates cutely. The pair sit down and Jinsol doesn't waste time digging in. Jungeun chuckles at her antics and sips at her coffee slowly. 'I'm glad you like it. I bet you could make something even better though.' Jinsol swallows her bite of pancake and puts down her cutlery, staring Jungeun down. 'That's not true. You made this delicious breakfast for us, with love and care. So it's the best breakfast ever. You know I love your cooking!' Jungeun blushes at her words. Jinsol did not speak often, but when she does, it holds so much emotion and power. She has a way with words without even knowing it.

'Thanks. I want to be able to cook you nice things. You usually cook and help out so much at my house as well. I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't mind taking you in if you asked.' Jinsol chuckles and reaches her hand across the table, offering it palm up to Jungeun. Smiling, Jungeun places her hand gingerly on top of Jinsol's, a shiver running down her spine at the gentleness with which Jinsol caresses her hand and rubs her thumb along the back of her hand. 'I love everything you cook. I don't mind helping out. You know I never have before so I want to make up for it. I want to be useful to you and your mom both. You deserve it.' The pair smile at each other, cheeks rosy and hearts beating in unison. Next to the table, Boris sits up with his tail swaying behind him contentedly.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Sorry for this late and short chapter. I've had a bit of a writer's block on top of being busy with exams. I'll try to update more again soon!

Have a good day/night :3