Shining Insecurities

Bright nights and dark days

*Jungeun POV*

Guiding Jinsol towards my house, I hold her hand tightly. She was so flustered earlier when Haseul and Vivi came by. She looked so cute though. I do wonder why she was so bothered suddenly. Haseul was being so kind, I don't recall her saying anything that could have bothered Jinsol.

'Jinsol?' I stop walking a few houses from where I live and look ahead to see Boris a few metres in front of us, obviously knowing his way. I squeeze Jinsol's hand gently as she looks anywhere but me it seems.

'What's wrong? You've been quiet ever since we left the pancake house. Even in there you were being a bit odd, actually now that I think of it... Are you okay? You know you can talk to me. Would you rather just go home? I know meeting my mom might be a bit too much for you...' At this, her head snaps up, her eyes laced with guilt and a hint of fear passing through them.

She lunges forward to pull me into a tight hug. I wrap my arms around her waist and nuzzle into her shoulder, giving every bit of comfort I can.

'I'm sorry for making you worry...' It's barely a whisper, pressed into my hair gently by a scared angel.

'Don't apologise, Jinsol. It's okay.' I pull away from the hug slightly to look her in her beautiful brown eyes. The sun peeks from behind the clouds at just this moment, basking us in its warm light. The sunrays bounce off of Jinsol's pale complexion, making her look even more angelic.

She smiles shyly at me, her fingers tangled in my hair. I wish we could stay like this forever.

'I do want to meet your mother, Jungeunie. I'm just worried things are going too fast... I don't know. Just me and my silly thoughts.' She looks away, flustered and biting her lip.

I chuckle and stare at her, amused. So that's it, she's worried about us. We haven't known each other long, but I have the feeling we will know each other for a long time to come. An idea sparks in my head as I look at her biting her lip.

*Jinsol POV*

As I try to calm my racing heart, a gentle caress of my chin pulls me out of my thoughts. 

Suddenly I'm pulled closer to Jungeun, our faces a breath apart. My breathing becomes shallow as she runs her thumb over my lips, pulling my bottom lip out from my teeth. I didn't even realise I had been biting my lip. It's a dumb nervous habit.

Our eyes meet and my breath hitches. She looks absolutely stunning in this light. Her grey hair glows in the sun, looking almost white, her eyes slightly hooded with her lips twisted in a smirk that is making my knees feel weak.

'Wasn't it you who said I should stop biting my lip, Jinsol? I remember there being consequences.' 

Before I have time to fully process her words, she closes the gap between us.

Her lips are cold but they're making me feel so very warm. I melt into the kiss, pulling her closer, my hands tugging at her hair. 

She deepens the kiss, squeezing my sides and making me lose my breath. I can feel myself slipping, losing control.

Nothing else matters, only Jungeun... Jungeun... I don't ever want to let her go. Screw it. I'm meeting her mother. Whatever this is, what we have, I don't care. As long as it means I can stay by her side and hold and kiss her like this, I don't care what we call ourselves. All I know is now that she's come into my life, I can't live without her. 

There's this strange and very strong pull towards her that I can't explain.

I feel her pull away, softly nibbling on my bottom lip before leaning back and smiling up at me. Her cheeks are flushed red, her breathing irregular and shallow. 

I can't help but smile brightly at her and peck her lips softly.

'I'll be sure to remember that, miss Jungeun.' I wink at her playfully. 

Her sweet melodic giggle reaches my ears as she caresses my jaw ever so gently.

'Don't worry about us. We'll figure things out. And please don't worry about my mother. If you don't want to speak around her, she'll understand. I'll talk to her, okay?' 

I nod and nuzzle into her palm.

'As long as you're with me, I think I can do anything...' 

Our eyes meet, prompting us both to grin like idiots before Jungeun quickly pulls me by the hand towards her house. 

Jungeun, if it's you, I'll run anywhere you tell me to, I'll swallow the afternoon sun and chase you anywhere. You have my heart.

As I walk behind her, one thought overpowers: Jungeun, I think I'm falling in love with you.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: So here we are, short little update! Life has been hectic :3

So Jinsol is figuring her feelings out a bit and wanted to show her insecurities shining through her tough and confident exterior. Jungeun catches on quite well and will continue to ground Jinsol through her learning how to cope with all of these changes and feelings that came up in such a short time span.

Hope you enjoyed reading and have a good night/day! Stay tuned!