Violet room

Beauty and The Best

My eyes finally followed where the bullet was decided to sit. Met empty eyes of the man that blood started to red his shirt right from where his heart was there made my blood to freeze in my vines.

I could felt my stomach suddenly became empty, I might eat the chicken before I came here.

“next person would be this girl.”, if I was in my right mind, I probably scream from the bottom of my throat and struggle against his firm grip around my wrist but unfortunately I wasn’t, cause the blood didn’t run to my brain.

“you killed him.”, my eyes were fixed on his shirt that the blood still rose from there and made red circle around where it slept.

“no big deal. it’s your first time seeing it?”, the man’s voice was calm and slow, shown that he didn’t care at all, but how, just-

“you killed somebody!”, I didn’t know and don’t want to know, how I get all the courage in my stupid voice to yell at the killer that muzzle of his gun had aimed my heart.

He burst out laughing for all he care, “you’re seriously so naive.”, he said and searching in my eyes probably to make sure I’m serious.

At the moment both of our eyes was filling with a sour water, one from laughing so hard and one from shock, one with blood and one with tears.

“she is so innocent Yuri, I’m sure you don’t want to waste her life.”, David said again with his inhuman, cold voice that rang in my head like a trembling bell.

But I didn’t known if it was because of fear or something else, it felt like I knew it, it felt familiar when he just said Yuri. Like I always heard this name in the way he called it.

“okay.”, her voice was still stable but this time it wasn’t fearless, “hit his rib.”, was the only thing I didn’t expected cause my entire body was shaking in fear.

‘how in the hell did she expect me to hit him when his muzzle aim me?’ ,God only knew how I did as I was told with all my power.

The scream of pain escaped his lips. His grip loosed on my wrist and all I could do was ran toward no direction.

My eyes irresistibly  fixed on the dead body again as I heard the another gunshot and another after.

His face was playing in the endless dark corridor of my closed eyes. And it was getting scarier second by second.

Sudden warmness in my hand made my stop from running with closed eyes toward nowhere, “it’s me.”, her voice was like cool water and  her warm hand found her way in mine when her another one had been patting my cheek gently, “don’t worry I’m here.”

She hugged me and it couldn’t be any warmer, even though I didn’t know there was something about her embrace that made me feel safe which I needed the most.

“still close your eyes, okay?”, But I’m scared of darkness with a dead man was what I wanted to say, but I opened them without uttered it and my gaze met her brown eyes.

“we should go.”, she said her hand’s grabbed my wrist then it took me three second to realized something wasn’t right.

My eyes moved to fixed on the two other dead body that just lying on the floor.

“Y-you-“

“they’re alive, I just knock them out.”, she said and pointed at the door behind the stairs, “there is parking, do you know how to drive?”

“no-no, we can’t go, we should call the police.”, I pulled myself together, staring deep into her eyes.

“We can’t, w-we should go bef-“

“no, can’t you see someone died.”

“so what?”, she yelled, although it made me felt that the yell could sometimes be gentle, “everybody die someday!”

“would you say the same thing if I died too?”, I asked slowly through my tears, “we have to call the police.”, I dropped my head to look carefully at our shoes, most interesting thing ever in the time.

“Yujin, they can’t do anything about this, but to searching for us and they would kill us.”, Yuri waited, she wanted to see my reaction so I didn’t disappointed her.

“no, we call the police no matter what.”

She response to it quickly, pointing the gun at my direction without second thought, “you do as I say.”, she then nodded at a door, under the shadow of stairs. “Go.”, she ordered and I obeyed like a good girl.

The door was opened to the parking with a lots of fancy car. Most of them were black, some were gray and few white car. “get in driver seat.” 

“I can’t drive.”, I said calmly, holding my tears and taking deep breath. 

“I couldn’t drive with this foot!”, she yelled and my eyes fixed on her injured foot, it was bleeding badly and I just noticed it.

“it’s your problem.”, I said coldly and took a fast glanced at her gun.

“do you want to play?”, she asked bitterly and if I didn’t know her I would thought she wanted to cry, “I knew you can drive and get your license when you were eighteen, I knew your ing grandfather taught you how to drive so don’t ing think of ditching me.”

My jaw dropped and I looked at her with wide opened eyes, “h-how do you know?”, I asked with shaky voice.

And suddenly her expression changed like she was telling something she wasn’t allowed, she was searching for the answer that would be somehow acceptable.

“I have my way.”, was all she said with dangerous tone.

“And I hate you.”, I said with teary eyes and get into the driver seat. My emotion was getting best of me and I couldn’t help but feeling the hatred toward her that made my heart squeezing against my ribs.

She sat on the passenger seat, whining because if her injure foot, “we should arrived faster, I lose so much blood.”

“where should we go?”, I asked simply, coldly.

“I’ll tell you on the way.”


And the way passed cross by cross and road by road and we turn left and right every crossed that I started to think she us just telling them randomly.

I tried my best, looking left and right to found where we heading, but I got nothing, then I realized, she must did it for a reason: not to let me know where we heading.

At least when we arrived I could tell we were outside of Seoul.

There was a old house we were standing in front I could tell cause it seem like hunted house you might see in the scary movie.

“do you have phone?”, she asked simply, almost lying on the passenger seat, eyes closed.

“yes.”, I put my hand on my pocket to hand her Sehun’s phone, but in the last minute, my brain start to work and I handed my own phone, which ended up broken outside of the window.  

“what the hell?”, I yelled although I’d guessed what she wanted to do, “it was gift.”

“from Sehun?”

“it’s none of you business, now how do I got back myself?”, I yelled angrily all because she mentioned Sehun’s name, she even know this tiny details about me and made me sick to my stomach, I felt unsafe, I felt angriness, I felt frightened and not just for me.

“you don’t.”, she said calmly and opened her eyes to look at me.

“what do you mean? You don’t except me to stand with you, do you?”

“just for to night.”

“for never, I don’t stand in this hunted house.”, I yelled and her expression suddenly darkened.

“it’s hunted by your-“, she yelled but stopped herself at the middle, “just get inside before making me any angrier, it seem like your grandfather didn’t rise you well.”

“oh, no on the country, he really rise me well to hate people like you who scarifies people for their sake.”, I tried my best to ignore the gun in her hand.

“your grandfather taught you that?”, she smirked  humorlessly, “such a good grandfather I want to see him saying this world in front of me.”, she wrinkled her nose in disgust.

“what did he do to you?”, I didn’t wanted to ask, but something provoked me from inside.

“he? Got my every thing away, my family, my life, my love, my reason for existence even my existence-”, and an awkward silence fill the atmosphere between us, “when I’d lost many thing already.”, and in this competition of holding tears, she lost and burst in tears, although it finished soon.

“so why do you save me when you hate him so much?”, I couldn’t hold myself back, Min Yeongi might not be a good a guy but for sure wasn’t bad guy either.

“it’s something between me and him, why should I enter you?”, she asked more coldly this time.

“cause he entered your love as well.”, and I defended my opinion, “if he got the things were really precious to you, then you can get things that precious to him.”

“just get out of the car.”, she said and pointed the gun at my direction.

I gulped and did as she said, “help me.”, she said when she nodded at me to help her walk inside.

She put her hand around my neck and lean on me till we approached the door. There was so many hole on the door, and for sure they were for the gun.

She nodded to me to bring her in the hallway. Hallway suite the whole damage house as well but at least everything was in the place.

I put her body on the couch and she let out a scream of pain. Her pants were bloody and when I checked the path we made toward the couch I just noticed the trail of blood we left behind.

“Were is the first aid kit?”, I let a sigh of relief, I should help her, else I wasn’t sure what was going to happen.

“in the kitchen, first cupboard.”, she bit her lower lips in pain and I hurriedly left hallway to the kitchen.

It wasn’t hard to find a first aid kit and I came back faster than going into the kitchen.

“I-I don’t know how to do-“

“I do it myself,”, she paused and gripped my wrist, “ don’t leave me, okay? Stay here please.”, she said and her gripped tighten.

She took a deep breath and put her mask down. She was gasping for breath and her hand was trembling in mine.

It was hard for her to keep her scream even though she put a piece of white cloth in , but I couldn’t even tolerate to see how she put a bullet out.

“done.”, she rasped after fifteen minute. Pain waving in her voice and I finally stood up from ground. Blood was everywhere and still spilling from the wound onto the white bandage that was around her injured foot.

I looked at her face, it was calm and then it hit me, like a sound of thunder that coming faster than its light and when it flashed I believed how stupid I had been.

I couldn’t move my gaze from her face that was shown the pain she suffered but I couldn’t help the fact I had saw her and exactly knew where.

“I want to go to bathroom.”, I found myself asking this, my eyes didn’t leave her although here eyes were closed and her head resting on top of the couch, she turned her face toward my direction, “don’t do anything stupid.”

“you throw my phone away and I don’t know where in the ing hell we are, how am I suppose to do something stupid? Do you expect me to kill myself?”

“it’s up stairs.”

‘just how- how are you so okay with all this bull we get trough?’, I wanted to yell, I wanted to cry and mostly I wanted knew why she was in the middle of it.

Stairs were made a hideous creak after each step I took with all my anger.

There was three room on upstairs. All of the door were really old wooden doors that there were scratch all over it, but one of them was light violet that really didn’t suit the whole damage house.

I opened the only violet door and the sight of room was shown, the room was obviously designed for a baby girl. all the furniture was light violet or pink as well as the ribbon that hanging from the ceiling that painted with sky blue with white clouds.

“bathroom is the first room.”, the voice was heard and hopefully it was from downstairs.

“okay.”, I slowly close the violet door behind me tough my heart was still open and I wanted to search it.

The bathroom was tidy and clean if I wanted to use it-which I didn’t- so I closed the door behind and locked it as well.

‘now is time to action.’

I just saw this things on movies, like walking to bathroom close the door and impossible mission song playing in the background and it had seem cool, and in that time it was not. I was about to cry in the bathroom for rest of my life if I wasn’t Min Yujin which I was and still am.

So I pulled out my honey-Sehun’s phone- and press the only number I recognized. All the other number have the wired name and access to them was disable.

Sehun was weird but his phone was even weirder.

Beep, bee-

“where in the hell are you?”, Sehun’s voice greeted me.

“hell-oh to you too.”, I said.

“I’m about to explode and I don’t-“ 

“trust me I don’t want it either, but Sehun I can’t speak for too much long, please, please lessen to me.”

For the time I though Sehun even hold his breath to let me know I could continue. “you can’t believe what I saw, you were right, and I hate to admit that you were right, do you remember that middle age woman in the clinic?”, I asked my voice getting lower and my breath shorter, I already was about to cry.

“yes.”, he said, although I told him to let me talk but I regretted it, I want him to calm me down and-

“she was the woman saved me in drug cooler.”

“what?”

“yes, it was her and you- you don’t know, oh my, Sehun someone died, in front of me, in front of her and she didn’t even care, the man died because of her-“

“did she kill him?”, he asked with his calmest voice. 

“Oh no, but they killed him because of her and she didn’t call the police, oh my god Sehun- you don’t understand someone was killed in front of my eyes and-“, I just broke down and burst into tears of fear, I could here my ugly gasping for air and tried my best to keep them low.

“don’t cry.”, Sehun said calmly, “please don’t cry.”, maybe he wasn’t the best voice I’d heard but for sure it was the thing I needed the most. “what should I do? Oh I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.”

“don’t be.”, and in the tine I expected him to scold me he didn’t, “it’s not your fault, just don’t worry Okay.”

“listen to me, will you?”, I nodded without realizing that he couldn’t see. “good. Open my keypad and dial this number, you hear me?”

“yes.”, I said in low voice.

“‘94*1485*12#’ this number will allow us to track the phone, okay? Do it where you find a best signal.”

“Sehun, I-I’m sorry, don’t say no, it’s all my fault and now I can’t go back in time to change any thing and even tough I did all that myself, just in the case-“

He cut me trough with his calmest voice, “no, don’t say anything, nothing’s gonna happen, there is no case but I find you, where ever you go don’t hang up the phone so I know what’s going on.”

"okay.", I sounded slowly.

I clicked the door open, poked my head out to see every thing was peacefully going, then I flushed a toilet and washed my hand before heading down stairs.

She was sitting in the same spot as when I left. Her chest was rising and falling normally but her eyes were still closed.

“are you done?”, she asked and opened her eyed to took a glanced at me.

“yes.”, I replied coldly.

“I told you, you shou-“

I cut her short, “I don’t wanna hear what you told me, I want to go back home can’t you see it’s dark outside and I have uni tomorrow.”, I said roughly, although I was controlling my anger.

“you don’t have univer-“

“stop it. Why do you know every thing about me? If you want to kill me, do it now.”, I breath heavily of anger.

She looked at me and a bitter smile painted on her pale lips, “Sehun, don’t even try to track this place.”

My eyes opened in horror at the mention of Sehun’s name. Then she stood up and limped toward me.

I froze in my spot as she put her hand in my pocket and brought my phone out, “she is safe here Sehun I promise, although I know you don’t care.”, and then she hanged up.

She looked at me again with those brown eyes that were filled with denial and secrecy.

“why do you think he doesn’t care?”, I was scared of answer already and didn’t know why.

“cause I know things you don’t, and I wished you never know, but since you already get involved, you will, soon.”, she said in low voice and her heel and sat on her seat, “I’m going to sleep, and don’t think of running cause I closed the door already and it’s dark outside too, so just get some sleep till morning.”

I lost track of  the time, sitting front her, doing nothing. Outside was pitch black and obviously I couldn’t back on my own and the fact that we were out of city didn’t help.

I lift my head up to look at her. Her breathing was slower than normal which meant she was asleep peacfuly.

'Hope you have nightmare.'

I stood up from the couch and walked upstairs to look at the violet room again. I opened the door with a crack that was because although the room was well-kept but not well oiled.

The familiar scent of the room hit me as I entered. It made me close my eyes to hear what it'd been hiding.

And again I saw it, the pictures that I saw when I’d seen the ring. 

Kwon Yuri her eyes closed and looked back to make sure they still couldn’t open the door.

“Yuri-ah.”, the man beyond the door said and little girl jolt in her hand at that cold voice.

“don’t scared my little girl.”, Yuri flashed a warm smile at her daughter and opened the closet door.

She was about to go inside when her daughter let out another jolt, “what’s wro-“

“where is appa?”, girl asked innocently, looking up at her mother.

She just knew there were bad people beyond the door, but then why was appa still beyond the door? She wondered why wasn’t appa coming with them.

“appa just-“

Yuri couldn’t find the right word, how could she? If she didn’t saw her father a second ago, she would say that appa is at the trip but she didn’t know what to said now.

“Yuri-ssi, is it you?”, a voice came from the closet and made Yuri to jump and hold a hand gun toward him.

“hey, it’s me.”, he paused and showed his face, “Oh Jongnam.”