Start

Beauty and The Best

“Grandfather don’t do that” I said it again when continued following him But it e he didn’t want to listen, so I just stopped saying one thing and following him.

The store wasn’t busy and crowded as always, and probably it was why Min Youngi’s mind didn’t function it in the normal way.

We used to come here a lot but since I started high school we couldn’t make it although I always made a time for my grandfather to spend with. 

A young handsome boy exit from an Exo restaurant as my grandfather slipped again and bumped to the handsome boy and fell down, I ran to my Grandfather and yelled, “grandfather!”, ‘good timing.’, I wanted to added.

I sat on the floor next to him and stood old man up with respect, “I told you to don’t slip on tiles , you’re not kid anymore to just play around.” I nagged like mothers.

I bowed in front of the young, tall, handsome boy and said, “sorry for that.” 

He looked at us with weird expression so I  turned my face quickly to avoid seeing him again. But at the last moment that we were about to run, he grabbed my grandfather’s arm and said, “I know you, Mr. Min.”

At that moment I stopped avoiding staring at him with question mark above my head.

Then another old man with grey- white hair came out from the same restaurant. He seemed a little younger than my grandpa and stared at three of us. “what happened again when I’m not around, son?”,  He said and faced a young boy.

‘Son?’

He seemed really old to have this young boy for his son.

“Nothing important this time, I just thought I know this man but It seems I was wrong.”

The Young handsome boy turned his face but this time it was my grandfather, who stopped him, “It’s kind of injustice when you know me, but I don’t.”

His father made his way toward us, “I’m Mr. Oh, and-”

But suddenly stopped in the middle of his sentences when his gaze caught my grandfather’s face and yelled, “Min Youngi!!!”, and hugged my grandfather tightly.

“Oh Jongnam!” my grandfather yelled and hugged Mr. Oh back, “so this handsome boy is Oh Sehun?”

I just felt like it was all faked but couldn’t said which part exactly.

‘why this name seems so familiar?’

“And this pretty girl, Is she Yujin?”, Mr. Oh asked with wiled smile that show all his teeth.

‘who the hell in this world they are? Why I can’t remember?’

“she doesn’t remember.” Mr. Oh laughed but my grandfather laughed harder, hit my

back harder than his laugh and said, “Dumb girl, don’t you just remember your future

husband?”

“My future husband?” I said these word in shock and fear. My eyes were wide opened and my mind couldn’t function the situation.

I looked at Sehun who raised his eyebrows at me with amazed expression, he wad as confuse as I was.

‘but no way!!? I mean if I pray for one year it seems impossible even in Sims.’

“I don’t remember.” I pushed his though back and said to my grandfather causally.

“You really don’t remember him as your childhood friend at least?” my grandfather asked in disbelief.

“No I really don’t. I was though it was just me and Jinhyun.” I tried to ignore his smirk, “stop tasting me I just don’t remember. Ask him and see if he remember or not.”

I crossed my arm over my chest and looked at my grandfather who at that time was staring at Sehun and finally asked, “don’t you remember either?”

“I remember.” he said with smirk. 

‘What the hell he say right now? I bet he doesn’t.’, I yelled inside my mind.

Then all the old man looked at me but I couldn’t help but ignore them and looked at Sehun, “you do?”

-yes.

-so marry me.

Where in the hell were these word came from? How did  they slip out of my mouth? Well I didn’t know either.

“I do.” He said with his non-stop-annoying smirk.

-It’s ok.

-Good.

-Can you please stop smirking?

“Why? Am I that handsome with it?” his smirk didn't show signs of stopping.

“No, you are so on nerve with it.”, I smiled back at him and tried to ignore him which seemed very impossible.

-But it seems you want to marry me.

-I do not.

-You proposed me few second ago, do you have fish memory?

-What the hell did you just said? I didn’t, that was just a jock.

-anyway you propose me.

-It’s not a propose. I’m just kidding, What’s wrong with you man?

“Can you two please stop it?” Mr. Oh said in bothering tone and then continued, “Come in please.” He pointed the restaurant and then I noticed it is one of the EXO’s famous chain restaurant-one of the best in Seoul.

“Sorry for rejecting your offer but…Ouch” my grandfather stopped me in the middle by kicking my foot from behind and it was hurt painfully, but he continued anyway, “but We come in to have some fun.”

“You can go grandfather I really have works to do. So when your little company is finished calling me to pick you up. Goodbye everyone.” I tried my best to avoid Sehun’s darting gaze In any way possible.

I turned my face away from them but all of a sudden after I turned, I felt my grandfather’s hand on my arm. He grabbed my arm and pushed me back.

“Don’t go granddaughter.” He said and made a cute face for me.

“Why should I listen? I really have stuffs to do unlike you.” I said but felt bad about the way I spoke to him in front of his friend, if it was just me and him it was okay but I didn’t know how important, this sudden friend of his was for him. 

-like what?

“Like your job that they are on my shoulder now and my university.” I said it and started to staring at him with raised eyebrow cause I had all the right.

“Your stupid university? Just ignore it. And my job? Why are they on your shoulder now? You never do them anyway.”, he said.

-Because you retired yourself.

-your uncle can do those stuff too.

“your son-in-law?”, Mr. Oh asked in Surprised tone.

“Yes, Why?”, it seemed like my grandfather surprised from his word too.

-maybe it’s better idea to put your stuff on Yujin’s shoulder.

‘Why? Is there any problem with him?’

-Ah…l know what do you mean. Don’t worry Jongnam nothing happened under my supervision never ever again.

‘Again? COME.ON. can somebody please tell me about everything happened in the past?’

It always bother me when people talking about pasts cause I couldn’t remember anything even if it was a sweetest memory for me.

My try to stop my grandfather failed completely and all of us entered EXO restaurant.

“Just Order every things you want.” Sehun said it with gentle manner and smiled softly to both of us.

“There is no need for you to be gentle.” I said it in low voice with not-interest-at-all tone in order to just Sehun hear it, I kinda want to take a revenge him because what he did before.

“There is no need for you to be not interested at all either, but for your more information It’s my own restaurant.”

What? His own restaurant? No way! All of EXO chain restaurant? Or just this one?

“All of 12 EXO restaurants.” He whispered in my ear and I bet he had that smirk on his face.

-you lie.

-OK, if you don’t want to believe, I don’t waste my time to make you believe.

-maybe you can’t.

-I can.

-just save your time for more important things.

I increased my speed to join old men group but suddenly he grabbed my waist and changed my way to the kitchen door. ‘didn’t he said he wouldn’t waste his time? Puff.’

“I make you believe.” He said with serious expression and I preferred to just shut my mouth. Nothing show in his face and his lips shaped a line, his gazed was fixed on the front and nothing else, not even any particular thing. 

He pushed the kitchen door and opened it but still put his hand on my waist.

“Promise, I don’t run away.” I said it with annoyed tone and then he realized that he put his hand on my waist all the time. He pulled back quickly.

“Sorry.” he said simply.

Suddenly Young Mr. Oh  clapped near me then all the staff stopped working and made line in front of me and him. They all bowed to Sehun and I couldn’t do anything but to stare at them in disbelief then again Sehun clapped and they backed at their work and he leaded me to the door again.

Without any extra word-that there were no need for- both of us went and sat next to our partner in front of each other, but I just kept my gaze on a wooden table and didn’t look at him at all. 

“Where did you go Yujin?” my grandfather asked but he didn’t seem interested at all in the subject.

“No where that make you interest.” ,I said without moving my gaze from my hand.

“got it, so just order your meal.” He gave me the menu which cover was leather and seemed so expensive like any other thing in the restaurant.

I searched the menu carefully to find the most expensive food- a little to annoyed Sehun- but then I realized Mr. Oh was there too, so I decided to order one normal food to just made myself a good girl for him after fighting with his son that shamelessly.

“Penne Alfredo.” I said and again stared at table.

“just Penne? You don’t want anything else?” Sehun asked in surprise tone and expression. 

I feel his gaze on me so raised my head,  looked at him back, “no, I love Penne.” I said and let the light smile to creep on my lips and tried to show my face cool, maybe I annoyed him?

After all of us ordering our food it seemed more logical for me to Sehun be the boss for all these staff because all of them treated him perfectly and respectfully.

“Don’t you still remember?” my grandfather asked again while he still focus on his food and tried to apart the beef.

“Remember what?” I said with no surprise because it’s obvious what.

-COME.ON.YUJIN. you know what I mean.

-so if the thing you’re taking about is as same as what I’m thinking about, Um...my answer is still no.

“She doesn’t want to remember me and my son at all.” Old Mr. Oh said with smirk that really similar to his son’s.

“It’s not like this. I think I was just too young on those time so I don’t remember many.”, I paused, “ I don’t even remember my father and mother.” I said it sadly. Every time I’m talking about my parents get this feeling; unknown feeling about unknown parents is always bothering me so tried to ignored it, to push it back again.

“Sorry.” Sehun said this word calmly, like he already knew and made me stare at him again.

“You even know this about me? But I don’t know nothing about you.” I said it almost angrily and looked at him.

When we finished our food-that mine was really delicious- then again my grandfather and his father started taking and Sehun just sat in his past position without even finger movement with poker face.

I get my phone out of my pocket and opened my chat list on my phone then started a new chat with Jinhyun:

Min Yujin: Hello friend, what’s up?

Jinhyun answer very fast like always.

Jin: OMG. Is she Min Yujin? I just can’t believe it.

Min Yujin: ok stop it. Can you plz answer me.

Jin: yes, ofc.

Min Yujin: do you know any guy that named Sehun by chance?

Jin: why are you asking all of a sudden?

Min Yujin: can you plz just ans rn, I will explain later, when I arrived home.

Jin: if you mean Oh Sehun he is our childhood friend that obviously you don’t remember, his father worked with grandpa before but nobody know how and he has 11 older brothers that he used to talked about them but I never saw one of them before(I think he was just lying btw cause how in the hell can he have 11 brother? It’s mind blowing.)

Jin: He was smart and handsome when we were child but now I don’t know many thing about him because he suddenly disappeared.

Min Yujin: he is mysterious and still handsome but not smart at all.

(I mean he’s kind of smart but not that much to be noticed.)

Jin: do you see him?

Min Yujin: yep.

Jin: how?

Min Yujin: reply[can you plz just answer…]

Jin: O.K.

I was fighting myself about asking this question because I knew Jinhyun feeling toward me but I asked finally because two thing

• To know more about Sehun.

• To said to Jinhyun that my answer is still no to his feeling.

Min Yujin: did he and I talked about marriage?

After few second he answer:

Jinhyun: Do you want to marry him?

Min Yujin: he is so handsome  in appearance but beast inside…a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Jinhyun: you mean this?

Min Yujin: rn, yes but nobody knows what will happen in the future, just answered me.

I said, not because I thought there was a chance for him to I fall in love with him but maybe can be just friends like we used to? Or maybe he wasn’t really beast inside.

Jin: Idk if you are talk.

Jin: See you soon and you’ve better have a good story for me.

Min Yujin: I’ve not😋. Bye

I put my phone back in my pocket. The grandfather was still talking, but I swear Sehun didn’t move even an inch.

“Sorry for cutting you but grandfather we really have to back home it’s 8:00 p.m. .” I

said.

“Ok your stupid homework for your stupid university.” my grandfather said in bored tone, but stood up finally. I answered him with a small smile and he mumble something like ,“never smile again, you seem ugly.”, but I heard it and  stopped smiling.

“I never smile in front of you again.” I mumbled back without even any point of annoyed in my voice. 

He looked at Mr. Oh, his friend, and said “Jongnam it’s time to go but see you soon, I find you recently.”

“it’s really good time with you Mr. Oh happy to see you.” I said happily and turned my face to look at grumpy boy, “thanks for food.”

“Yujin-ah give him a guest card.” old Mr. Min order me and I was staring at him in shock for a second.

“But why he doesn’t need any, I guess?” I said with doubt but I knew what this evil old man want.

“Just give it to him, he want to see the company if you just listen to his word instead of using your phone all the time.” ,He said and made me want to kill myself.

I gave my wallet out of my pocket that my phone wasn’t in it and found a guest card.

“I hope don’t see you there soon.” I whispered when giving him The only remaining guest card.

***

 

During our way back home I didn’t smile nor spoke even one word.

“Why don’t you speak my granddaughter?” ,old man said and I  didn’t pay attention to him even a little bit. “Ah got it, you don’t want to answer me because I said ‘you seem ugly’ , don’t you?”

grandfather said and this time I looked at him and answered him mercilessly, “not at all. I’m not sad about it, one day you will come and beg me to smile to you, but you know what? It’s too late.”

-this time you’re taking about never come daughter.

We arrived soon because we didn’t go far that much. We went to really near mall that by my bad chance one of EXO restaurant exist in it.

Our home was really big, big like an white elephant, actually if I want to be honest our home was kind of palaces but I didn’t like it because of many thing that one of them was the size of the room, hallway, stairs, bathroom and... All of them are so big and it was bored me to just walk in such a big house so it made me feel bad about our maid that have to clean such a big damn house.

My grandfather and I entered and in the time one maid opened the hallway door for us, “thank you, Dahyun” I said with smile. 

Dahyun is our oldest maid and I know her since I entered this home that I didn’t remember either when it was but knew it was after my parents death.

After we entered, I saw my aunt, cousin that named Jinhyun and my beloved uncle,

Jinhwan who was going to be the owner of company until the day I married to a poor guy who I was upset for him even then.

All of them sat on the big dining table in bigger damn dining room.

“oh you two come back finally”, my aunt said creditor, “okay, come and eat something with us.”

“No need girl, we ate before coming back.”, grandfather said.

“father please eat well and useful food to live with us forever.”, Jinhwan said and I rolled my eyes at him like always. My grandfather didn’t answered him either. He doesn’t like his son-in-low and always said he is a loser even for having my aunt as his wife.

“so go up stairs and change your clothing.” My aunt said.

We go up stairs and separated our way to our own room and finally I was free for myself. Maybe my grandfather was the closest to me in my family but I didn’t want to be his nurse, take care of him all the time or on the other hand he being my nanny and stick to me every where I go. 

I opened the door. My room was the smallest in this house because I didn’t like big one but it was still big for one person. I sat on my bed and looked around nothing change in my damn boring life even one object in my room.

I closed my eyes and felt sleep but suddenly someone knocked on the door.

I sat up and said, “come in.”

Jinhyun face appear behind the door, and obviously he want to hear my story about today’s visiting.

“should I want something instead?”, I said thoughtfully.

“ask everything you want princess.”, said with huge grin on his face.

-don’t call me that, you know I hate it when anyone call me that.

“never again call you like that you highness.”, he said and sat on my bed next to me, “so you meet Oh mysterious Sehun who suddenly disappear from our life?”

“I don’t know if it’s him or not but his name is Oh Sehun.”, I said and then told him about our little meeting without too much details.

“so just this? Your story finished?”, he said with a raised eyebrow, “add more detail please.” 

“what do you want it to be? It’s just we met each other and one of us don’t remember

anything? How do you remember really?”, I said almost angrily.

He moved his hand up to down in front of my eyes and said, “calm down, if you don’t want to have a heart attack at this age, I just ask a little thing.”

Actually he was right, but why was I getting mad at this subject? I thought speaking about that wolf(A.K.A Oh Sehun)made me mad because he was really on nerve if I wanted to be honest.

I saw arrogance in his eyes and without any reason all I wanted to do was punching him on the stomach and made him bow in front of me. But I would be so sadistic if I did.

Jinhyun and I went down stairs after ward and sat on our really comfortable sofa in front of TV to see our favorite drama, ‘Are you human too?’

Yes, Seo Kang Joon was freaking y in it, no, he was y in all of the movies he’d played. But the way he acted so innocent in front of So Bong and care about her and at the same time and being real Shin and real at the same time, I just could believe him.

“sorry, Jinhyun. Are you mad at me?”, I just felt little awkward between two of us.

“a little bit but…”, he said but cut himself at the end.

“But what?”, I asked curiously but after his answer I regretted.

“lover can’t get mad.”

I really don’t want to upset Jinhyun but what can I do when there is no love in my heart for him? He was my brother, nothing more, nothing less.

I looked at him sadly again, one other time, it was my only answer and I disappointed him again. he tried and I rejected, at least there is no regret in this case.

My aunt come and sit next to me with a dish full of fruit. 

“who is this lucky person? Me or your son?” I said happily. “none of you sweetie.” ,she answered and put a huge piece  of peach on .

-you upset me and your own child.

I look at Jinhyun who now just focus on TV. He was still sad.

“He is upset because another thing and you know what it is.” She said while she put another piece in with her usual royal manner.

I rolled my eyes and said, “can you two please stop talking about this subject?”, I stand up angrily but she grab my arm and sat me down.

‘is it even important how I feel?’

“Sorry my girl. I just really want to see you two married each other.”, she sad hopefully and sadly.

“and I just want to be honest with you, in my opinion I think it will never happen.” I said cruelly.

I think fake hope is more harmful than anything.

The hope that I had when find some reason that proved my mother is alive, hurt me more than any thing. I never felt that way before when I realized that all of the proof was fake.

“nobody knows what will happen in the future.”, Jinhyun said suddenly. It took me few second to realized that this was my own words.

I sighed then, “I’m going to sleep, good night everyone.”, I just wanted to run away from them.

Suddenly my uncle came down stairs  he look at me from above, “oh, you’re going to sleep? Isn’t it too early?”

I didn’t want to argue, “oh, I don’t think so.”

-will you come to company tomorrow?

-I think so. I want to check something important ASAP.

-let’s talk about it to tomorrow, then.

-ok.

-Sweet dream.

And I got to my room without any other annoyance. It did not take much time of me to fell asleep.