Cold

Beauty and The Best

S E H U N:

“what is you favorite taste in ice cream?”, I asked cause I was curios from yesterday.

“why do you ask?”, she asked with shock.

“Luhan told me that I have to know something like thus about you.”, I said and tried to ignore her eyes that was looking for the answer.

“ah, got it, I love chocolate and I hate strawberry.”, she said.

Damn it! She hate strawberry.

“what’s yours?”, she asked and walk along with me.

“green tea.”, I said and wondered why she asked me.

“should we back home?”, she asked suddenly and I looked at her confused cause I didn’t know what should I said in response. We didn’t have to work and we just walk together about half an hours.

-do you want to back home?

-yes, I want sleep.

-did you enjoy sleeping with me that much?

“Oh Sehun!”, she said angrily.

“so we wouldn’t go home.”, I answered quickly before she could said anything, “let’s go ride a both.”, I said and pointed on the one of the station.

“I don’t know how to swim.”, she said worriedly and blank at the station twice before looking at me straight.

“I didn’t want to throw you in the water either.”, I mocked her with my smirk.

“what if I been thrown?”, she asked seriously and I didn’t know how to answered her silly question.

“are you paranoid?”, I asked her seriously and tugged her to the direction of station.


“do you think it’s safe?”, she asked for 4th time. 

 “yes it’s safe, if you just sitting here and don’t ask it over and over again.”, I yelled at her and made her to shut .

“where do we want to go?”, she asked and looked at the water noxiously maybe she was looking for a fish.

The sea was so calm and the wave of water guided us to move forward, I wondered if she couldn’t manage to saw any fish cause the water is so clear and crystallize.

“on this area we can fishing so-”

“What?”, I cut by her sudden scream, “I’m I face it today, now why are we here?”

“facing is the first step, now we are in the second step.”, I said happily with smirk.

“what’s second step so?”, she crossed her arm over her chest and asked me with raised eyebrow.

“fighting with it.”, I said with smirk.

“Please.”, she grabbed my arm and looked at me, tried to look cute.

“sorry Min Yujin.”, I said and put my hand on her shoulder in order to calm her down.

I casted a fishing rod and looked at her again who was standing behind me full of fear.

His scared face wasn’t something that I forget ever in my life, her face was as with as snow and I thought if she continue to bit her lower lips it would be bleeding.

I throw a hook and stood still in my place

“isn’t it funny?”, I asked happily cause I really enjoy it, when you look at the infinity blue of the sea and patience for something, it made you free of any chain.

“I don’t want to dump on you, but it’s not funny.”, at the moment the fish rod start to jolt on my hand.

“what is it?”, she screamed and hid herself behind me.

It’ wasn’t hard thing to catch that fish and when I got it out of the water I realized why.

“damn it, it’s not big.” I said and hoisted the fish and put it on the basket.

I again casted a fish rod and throw the hook on the water.

“it’s alive.”, she said with afraid voice and looked straight in the basket.

“Yes it’s still alive for some-, what are you doing?”, I started with calm voice and yelled in the end when I saw her put her hand on the basket and throw a fish on the sea again.

“It’s alive.”, she said and made me to look at her with surprised eyes.

“W-what? Are you even thinking? It was just a fish.”, I yelled but at the same time the fish rod jolted again and this time was so harder.

I tried harder and when I got it out finally I hit Yujin, who was behind me and heard something falling in the water.

‘GOD please don’t be Yujin.’, I said to myself and looked back. 

There was no sign of Yujin in the boat so I just let go off the fish rod and jumped in the water.

Hopefully I know how to swim unlike her and finding he was the easiest part, I grabbed her by her waist pulled her up.

“are you okay?” I asked her worriedly.

“I can’t breath.”, she coughed twice and finally said, her head wasn’t completely out of the water and the waves hit her chain.

“Put your chin on my shoulder and get my waist me.”, I said and pulled her closer to me, she did and put her hand on my waist. She didn’t said anything and didn’t protest for the first time.

I tried my best to catch the edge of the boat but It was really hard to swim when you are carrying one people even in the water and the heaviness of our cloth didn’t help the situation at all.

“can you go up yourself?”

She hummed under her breath and catch the edge of the boat and pulled herself up then hold her hand for me.

I wasn’t sure that I was mad at her or happy because she didn’t seem to be  hurt, so I accepted her.

Just when I put my feet out of the water I realized the wind is so chilly and our wet clod didn’t help it at all. Yujin already start to shivering so hard on her spot.

“are you okay?”, I asked and tried to didn’t let the cold get to me, which was hardly impossible.

“N-no.”, she answer with cracked voice cause her teeth were chattering from the coldness.

But suddenly she stop and looked in to my eyes then search for something in her pocket, I didn’t know what it was but it must be important due the way she panicked at the moment she realized it’s gone missing.

“My phone.”, she said in panicked tone and looked at me the in the sea, “It’s must be drown I have to go back.”, and on my disbelief she ran toward the water but I catch her at the right moment.

“what the hell are you talking about?, is there alcohol in the water?”, I said and stopped her from going any further, “I’ll buy you a new one.”

“no You can’t understand it’s my everything.”, she said and scrambled again, “I need my phone, I have to go and find it.”

-you will drown yourself too.

-then how UN contact me?

-who is UN? You are not okay-

She cut me off, “no I’m okay UN is the one who tell me anything about company.”, she said with her scared tone.

“Don’t worry about your SIM, we can’t take it back.”, I said to calmed her down.

-Really?

-yes, of course. We can find information and tell that it’s drown. Just don’t kill yourself.

We have to go back, was the first thought that crossed my head cause we weren’t at even a bit good condition at all.


Hopefully we find a blanket and I wrapped it around her cause she was just wearing a thin T-shirt.

“isn’t it cold?”, she asked suddenly and looked to my wet hair.

“No.”, I lied it was too cold but I could stop myself from shivering.

“I think you are lying.”, she said and I tried to didn’t look at her eyes cause she would understand I’m lying when she look.

I wrapped a blanket around her harder and hugged her from side to direct her to the door of the home.

I opened the door so fast when we reached it. I could felt the different of temperature just when I walked in the inside of the house. Inside the room was pretty warm and cozy.

“oh you two came back finally-,”, my mother stopped at the middle of her sentence when her gaze catch both of us properly, “Oh my GOD, why are you soaked?”

“can you just draw a warm bath for us?”

She nodded with her head and Yujin and I just go upstairs and waited for it.


The warm bath was just perfect and made me relax; walking all way to home with wet cloths made me exhausted already, so I thought it’s better to put my work down for today.

“are you okay?”, I asked Yujin who still wrapped herself under the blanket. She was still shivering under it.

“I ache all over and my head is heavy, I think I have sore throat too.”, she said with low voice, she wasn’t good at all and I could guess she had cold. 

I put my palm on her forehead just after I heard that, she was sweating a cold sweat.

“I’m still cold.”, she said weakly and wrapped a blanket around herself harder.

“Yujin!”, the door was swung opened and Jinhyun appeared on the doorway.

For the moment I didn’t know how to think when he stand on a door way and caught all of her attention. She looked at him and gave him a weak smile.

I just guess my body didn’t function my mind cause it just took a second for me to pull her in my embrace.

“are you feeling warm now?”,  I couldn’t see her face when I said that, but she allowed her body to lay relaxed on my embrace and I knew that I didn’t want anybody to see my face that moment.

The door shut again with bang sound.

“Jinhyun,”, she whispered, she wasn’t strong enough to call him out, “I hurt him.”, she whispered again; her whole body was just like a fire bullet I just didn’t know how she said that she feel cold.

She pulled herself away and I don’t protest it although I want.

“can I have my phone?”, she said and laid down on the bed.

“I asked for it and send your documents, so they said you can have it in three days-”

“Three days?”, her shout cut me off.

“hey calm down, it’s the best time, you have to rest for at least four day.”, I said and looked at her.

She was so weak to reply and I was already so exhausted to argue, so I just laid down next to her and closed my eyes. I didn’t remember how long did it take for me to fall sleep.


Three day passed so fast cause I would stock in the house because of Yujin’s sickness.

First day she was ill with fever and chill but little by little her fever had gone down.

She was raving about her mother, actually she begged her to don’t leave her alone and I could just see and didn’t do any thing, she was so weak.

“where am I?”, I turned my face from laptop to see her, she was lying on the bed next to me, I tried to surprised didn’t resolute in my face

“do you remember me?”, I asked with a little smile-a smirked actually-cause I wasn’t completely sure when she asked about the place.

“don’t be ridiculous, you are my life disease.”, she said and tried to seat on her place, “no way to forget you.”

“so this is your life disease place.”, I said and didn’t lose my smirk even a second.

-how long did I sleep?

-three days.

-what? Are you kidding me?

-no.

“my phone?”, she asked suddenly and looked at me, for every one phone is the important think your everything but there is no way I could bring her phone back but at least I got her SIM back.

“I buy you a new one but they managed to get back your SIM.”, I said and handed a phone in front of her.

“oh thanks god, but all my photo of Ji Changwook and Lee Minho ”, she said and tried to get the phone from me but before she could grabbed a phone I snatched it out from her hand.

“but seriously, who is Park Jimin? And Kim Yugyeom?”, I asked with raised eyebrow and smirk on my face to made her surprise.

“did you check my contact?”, she asked almost angrily but she wasn’t strong enough to yell.

“if I didn’t, how do I know?”, I asked and made a easy face at her.

“YOU.ARE.SO.RUDE.OH.SEHUN.”, she said and got the phone out of my hand sharply.

“I don’t want to check but they called you more than 20th time.”, I said and made innocent face front her, “Rosé too.”

“why?”, she whispered to herself and called someone.

“Hello?”, she said and further the phone from her ear and I could hear that her friend-Rosé-screamed.

“calm down, calm down.”

“I was sick Rosé, really badly. And my phone was drown so I guess it’s the reason I didn’t answer.”, she said with calm and low voice, with a little purpose to show herself weak and made an excuse for herself.

“I’m good now.”

“w-what? Did he just said it? Really? Oh My God.”

“when is our next session?”

“the day after tomorrow? I’ll come, matter what, I’ll back to Seoul.”

She hanged up and tried to stood up but her feet didn’t let her. It almost three day that she didn’t move even a finger, it’ no wonder that she couldn’t stand up.

“can you please…”, she said and left rest of her sentence.

“what?”, I said naivly to make her complete her sentence, cause I want to see that she put her pride aside in front of me.

“you know what I want!”, she said sharply and shoot an angry glare at me, “would you please help me?”, she said put emphasize on word “please” and glared at me with the corner of her eyes.

“oh course my lady.”, I reached the other side and give my hand to her gently.

She threw off the blanket slipped down from the bed but lose her balance at the second step an fell down on my embrace.

“I think it’s better if you don’t walk.”, I said a bit worried .

“it’s okay until you hold me.”, she said and hid her face on my arm.

“are you getting shy about saying it?”, I’m not that kind of person to lose such a situation to .

“I hold you forever if I had to.”, I whispered and what I didn’t expect, happened. Her gaze find its ways toward me and my heart literally jumped in to my throat and pounding painfully hard.

“is it your heart pounding sound?”, she said and corner of her lips moved upward and got a shape of smirk.

“I guess your gaze is too sharp for my little poor heart.”, I couldn’t even deny that her gaze made my heart pound even if I want, it felt like I couldn’t control my gaze to don’t look at her deep eyes straight.

‘is it the same for her?’, I asked myself but let it without any answer, though I was curious to death.


“I myself really join here and loved it but I unfortunately I had to back.”, she apologized again.

“we understand sweetheart.”, and my mother answered back again, “isn’t it hard for you to leave alone like this?”, my mother asked and hopefully changed the subject from excuse and answer.

“I’ll go with her.”, Jinhyun voiced came out so sudden that made the room silent, “any way I don’t have any work here.”

“that’s good so.”

“no need.”

My mother and I said at the same time, “I’ll go after her.”, I said and didn’t get time to any one to answer, “I can’t let you sacrifice.”

“and my moral didn’t let me to let you do that too.”, he said with  little anger smirk.

“Jinhyun but I have work with you, so you have to stay.”, his mother said sharply, so sharply that even made me shut.

“Like always.”, he said and just left the hall room without seeing how surprise all of us were.


“do you scared of flight?”, she asked a bit nervously and seized the seat.

“No”, I said and ignored that how much she scared, “why are you insist when you scared of flight?”, I asked and turn my face to see her pale face.

“cause it’s faster.”, she said and closed her eyes to took a deep breath, I look at her with smirk her hand was stick to the seat and her breathing was heavy enough to be heard.

“hey, are you okay, you said that you just scared of fish.”, I said but I didn’t mean to , it wasn’t situation for teasing.

“Tease me to death I don’t care.”, she said her eyes was still close.

Her hand was shaking and the whole situation was awful, my body didn’t react normal, it didn’t want to see her like this.

My hand going to her hand and grabbed hers gently, but it wondered me to see she didn’t protest or it was too shocking for her to protest, just turn her face and looked at me.

“is there any other thing that you scared of?”, I said with smirk and looked at her surprised face.

“yes.”, she said but didn’t let go off my hand, “our wedding.”

“don’t worry about that, guest wouldn’t really pay any attention to you when I’m stand with you.”, I said and pated her had gently, my hand slip on her soft straight hair.

“seriously, why are you full of yourself? Do you think every girl love you? Funny.”, she asked and looked at me like it was a ridiculous thing ever.

I answered with soft smile and I wondered that she smile back.


“how many car do you have?”, she asked and fastened her seat belt on passenger seat.

“The car that I drove to Jeju wasn’t mine, that was Suho Hyung’s.”, I said and start driving.

“why do you want to marry me because of the company? You already have so much money.”, she said in low voice and rolled her eyes, she absolutely didn’t want me to response, but when I listened to her?

“You have no idea how much money your company make, and how powerful it is.”, I said and didn’t move my gaze off the road.

“it just a regular company.”, she said and made me wonder about his opinion, she know literarily know nothing about. Is she even worked in the company.

“Yujin are you kidding or you are really serious? Your company produces something that they are just made in yours in Korea or even whole world. The Technology that is used is so high.”, I said really seriously. She looked at me without blinking of the eyes like she didn’t care about any thing but my word for a second.

“r-really?”, was her first reaction, and second she sat on her seat silently.

There wasn’t much distance between my house and hers, so we arrived less than half and hour.

“Thank you.”, she said simply and got out of the car.

“bye.”, I said and answered her with smiled, and stayed in the car and watched every single movement of her.

She rang a bell ring but the door didn’t opened. She ranged it again and again, but no one opened it.

“what’s wrong?”, I asked and reached the spot that she was standing.

“don’t know.”, she said, “Dahyun.”, she screamed so sudden that my heart jump into my throat.

“what the hell? I’m scared.”, I said and looked at her in disbelief. My heart was still pounding when Dahyun-I guess finally opened the door.

“why don’t you opened the door?”, she said and tried to got into the house but Dahyun blocked her.

“Sorry ma’am, I have a order that can’t let you in.”, she said and before any of us have any time to responded slammed the door on our face.

“what?”, she screamed again and froze in front of the door just like me. I coulden’t believe Mr. Min do this to her own grand daughter.

She called her grand father for three time but he didn’t answered.

“What should I do?”, she asked me helplessly.

“do you want me to bring you to hotel?”, I asked and tried so hard to keep myself from laughing.

“you think I didn’t think about it already? I don’t have money.”, she said and rolled het eyes.

-why?

-cause my wallet was drown.

-really? Why didn’t you tell me.

-I thought I will get it back when I back to Seoul, but just...ah.

“okay, you can come to my house.”, and I knew it was the exact thing that Mr. Min want.