A Bullet for a bullet

Beauty and The Best

“we arrived.”, taxi driver said and looked back at me, sting thoughtfuly on the back seat.

“I’m just thinking. Do you think I should go?”, I asked him dead serious, as I glaced again to find Kyungsoo who wasn't seen .

‘where in the hell is he?’, I asked myself.

“what?”, sudden confused voice of the taxi driver caught my attention again, and that was understandable.

A stranger came to you and asked if she should do something that you have no idea. If it was me guys, I’d just kicked her out of my taxi but luckily it wasn’t .

‘God! That is totally stupid but I have to do it, I need to do it’, “what do you think?”, I asked again whit same honest, not showing any shame.

I just needed someone to knock some nerves on me and tell me how silly I was acting.

“I don’t know, I mean...yes maybe, just go there.”, he said care freely.

“what? I should go? You suppose to say no, if you’re not sure or something like this, what if I die?”, I asked with an eyebrow shoting upward, I wondered if he wanted me to die.

“it’s my fault if you’ll die?”, he asked taken a back with a who-is-this- face.

“you’re involved, of course.”, I said as he made a face like what-a- but I didn’t care at the moment.

Suddenly my phone-technically Sehun’s- beeped with another massage from Dyo.

“where the hell are you?”, the massage said.

I wasn’t sure if it’s right to pretended that I am Sehun but I had to know where he was, else he probably was going to stop me.

Oh Sehun: I’m here but I can’t see you.

Dyo: me neither, I’m on my motorbike. 

I glanced again and a very luxurious Yamaha motorbike reflect the ray of sunlight in straight into my eyes.

“since you’re involved, if I die, could you do me a favor?”, I asked with my brightest smile.

“what the hell , there is thousands of taxi in the city and I should be the one who pick this psycho? Just get off my car.”, he said and shot a rude glare at me.

Hopefully I had have huge amount of money with me, I hadn’t even remember why, but by the way it was a good thing, wasn’t it? “but this psycho has money, not all the psychos have.”, I said, showing the money in my hand, “don’t you want to have it?”

‘OMG, I totally sound like a mobster’s boss, I know I’m so cool guys, just where are my sun glasses?’, I screamed inside my mind. 

“and what’s that favor ma’am?”, he laughed and turned to face me properly.

‘ma’am ha? better have my money, God bless you Rihanna.’

“very simple, I want you to go to that man over there and keep him busy as much as you can.”, I said, leaning backward as it was the simplest in the world.

“what if he get angry?”, he asked, a little worried.

“he won’t, I know him.” I could see the unsureness in his eyes. But It only took a bullet for me to made him do what I want.

“you can have more if you do it properly.”, putting money in his hand, I gave him a devilish smile, “you can’t have this amount of money if you work all day.”

“okay.”, he sighed and put the money in the dash board.

I felt unsure as well but first of all it was Kyungsoo’s idea to ditch me, “by the way 2267J don’t try to ditch me, I’ll call your company if you do, then just come to min’s company and one important thing just ran a way if you see a young tall man with a black hair that seem really handsome and innocent, he is devil himself .”, I said and got out of his car.

‘oh my god, oh my god, I really do this, such a bad girl I am.’ My heart was ponding in my chest so hard but I just felt okay with that, like nothing matter.

“min’s company? D-do you work there?”, he called, his eyes as big as saucer.

“You have no idea.”, I closed the door behind me as waiting behind the wall, eyeing Kyungsoo.

His car reached his motorbike slowly and he rolled the window down, I couldn’t say what they were talking about, but it was obvious that Kyungsoo wasn’t happy with whatever the matter was.

He tried to look at the hotel but each time the taxi driver blocked his sight.

I looked at the hotel where the guards standing.

‘The deal must be really important.’, I rubbed my forehead, and looked across where a really familiar figure caught my attention right when my brain was empty of idea.

‘my turn.’, I told myself and made my way to the other side of the street where the fancy hotel was.

She just went to the narrow street behind the hotel where supposed to be a back door of the hotel’s kitchen.

I tried my best to keep our fair distance- me at beginning and she at the end to didn’t let her to find out my presence, and it was heard when she moved too swiftly in the empty alley.

She turned and disappeared in the end of alley to another one.

‘you shouldn’t go’, I hated when a voice call me to don’t do a thing, cause at the most of the time it was right.

‘I come till here, I shouldn’t just let it go. I put myself in all danger, stole Sehun’s phone, paid all my ing money to the driver and followed her till here, I should be stupid if I let it go.’, I told to the voice that call me a second ago-that was similar to mine.

I eyeing my back and increase my speed and walk to where she got disappeared.

And suddenly a cold hand of her wrapped around my arm and placed on my mouth.

“mphhh.”, I tried to explain, obviously I just tried with out any success.

“why are following me?”, she said angrily and turned me to face her.

“Y-Yujin?”, her voice cracked and her grip loosed in my arm and mouth.

“do you know my name?”, ‘but how?’, I asked myself as look at her wide open eyes, “yes, me again, haha.”, I laughed awkwardly and tried to make myself free when her gripped were tighten again.

“what are you doing here?”, she asked ignoring my last question completely.

“same as you do, I want to go there.”, I said simply like it wasn’t a big deal, but trust me it was for her, cause her eyes fixed on mine and her vision was like she has x-ray vision that could find my deepest inside.

“Yujin it’s fourth time, I just think it maybe our destiny to meet and its time to tell you.”, she swallow nervously and her Adam apple just moved up and down awkwardly.

“hey, you have Adam apple too? It’s rare in the women, but I have it like you.”, I said out of blue to get rid of this awkwardness that was growing between us.

‘what did she meant by fourth, or our destiny or...wait, time to tell me what?’

“wait, time to tell me what?”, I asked as same tone as I thought.

“I can hear ”, a voice interrupt our little sweet conversation.

The male voice was familiar, but it wasn’t Chanwoo’s- that I expected to be.

I looked at her, who just felt a danger as well, but still confidence.

She put her index finger on her nose in order to tell me shut up and pushed me to follow her to the spot that there was a small door that probably had been opened just for the first day of the life in earth or else never.

She just put her hand on top of the hinge’s of the door and suddenly the door opened with a small rasping sound.

I could imagine she smirked beyond that black mask of her as she saw my jaw dropped and pushed me inside with her.

‘is that even possible? This woman just open a door with bare hand, AND.IT’S.IMPISSIBLE.I.SWAER.’, I looked inside my mind to find a logical reason.

“okay, which way should we go?”, I asked and looked at crossing front me.

“I don’t know why are you here Yujin but...please stay out of this mess.”, she started, glanced worriedly at my feature.

“why?”, I challenged and raised eyebrows at her.

“because I want you to do.”, she ordered and her eyebrow became drawn together.

“who you are to order me?”, I couldn’t step backward.

“I’m your-“, she stopped searching for the answer right answer that 

“so let’s be partner.”, I said excitedly.

you know the time when you’re doing something wrong but don’t want to stop it? Like you are playing and still don’t do your homework? It was that time for me. I knew it was danger and all wrong, and I was scared who didn’t? Even though it seem dangerous it was good to feel your heart still pounding.

In that time it always good to have partner, you know you are not the only one who teacher is going to scold. 

She gave me a confused expression, “what dose it suppose to mean?”, she asked.

“Look, we protect each other, help each other and divide the work.”, I explained, looking at her with my eyes twinkling with amusement.

“no, I don’t risk your life.”, she said almost angrily.

“why is it even important for you?”, I raised an eyebrow.

Uh-oh something didn’t feel right.

“cause, I don’t want to have a dead body on my hand.”, she said narrowing her eyes and I knew she want to seem intimidating and scary.

“sorry that I disappointed you but I’m not scare.”, I got so brave suddenly, “I have my own discretion you can’t tell me what to do, but yet I told you to use yours and be on my side, will you accept?”

“okay, you suggestion be accepted.”, she said.

“wha-“

“but troublesome and dangerous thing would lean on my shoulder.”, she looked at me with her piercing eyes.

“deal?”, I offered my hand and waited for her to shack which she did with a bright eyes of her.

“Which way?”, I asked looking at the cross again which I hated the most, I always hated choosing, like when you should chose between to cloth that both are prefect or between the way that solve the problem in the test.

“you go that way.”, she nodded at the right side.

“then I go left.”, I said with a smirk.

“but shouldn’t we trust each other?”, her eyebrow jumped up as she asked a question very carefully..

“no, we should make each other trust.”, I gave her my honest tone and found my way to a right corridor.


‘Okay, I am an absolute idiot.’, I confessed to myself, hoping that It would be the water on the fire inside me which wasn’t.

I just did against my thought and trust that . But then again her facial appeared in my sight.

‘how couldn’t I?’

Her face was a magic for me, I lost it when she looked at me with those eyes, searching for something that I felt I was looking for too.

It was as same as...

‘no, Yujin, it can’t be you silly!’, I slapped my face lightly in order to get rid of the stupid thought, but her magic ran speedy to get over me.

‘maybe she is a ghost, like she used to-‘

‘stop, for the sake of my soul, stop.’, I beg, holding my tear.

First step of being weak is crying.

“you shouldn’t cry lonely, my lady.”, a playful voice male voice out near my ear and I’d almost slap him if he didn’t have a good reaction.

“sorry, you scared me.”, I said, searching for the good story to tell.

“my bad.”, he said with a big smirk, “where were you going, by the way?”, he asked looking into my eyes.

“it’s a exit door behind you, can’t you tell where I’m going? Outside.”, I rolled my eyes and move to pass him but he blocked my path really fast.

“I knew, the thing I want to know is how you make it here?”, the smirk changed to make an evil smile.

“I’m working here.”, I tried, looking in his eyes shamelessly, “now, if you excuse me, I want to-“

His eyes was flashing with a dangerous light, frightful and horrendous.

“I really don’t want the time I have to use this.”, he ped his leather coat and let his gun to be seen.

“nice coat.”, I mentioned nervously, swallowing I tried to pass the big wall which suddenly grabbed my wrist and made me turn.

“I don’t thank you yet.”, he said his hand touched his belt where the gun was sleeping there peacefully at least till the time.

“then could you do it fast? Hehe.”, I laughed awkwardly and tried to released my hand which was in his grip.

He closed his face to mine and it was the time I could get a better sight on his face which was so sharp and reminded me of a viper.

“how did you get in?”, something in his calm soft voice just made my heart to jump a beat and made my tongue to  round again. “I was there.”, heart beat increased as the lie left my lips so softly.

“I work in a kitchen.”, I look at him and let the corner of my lips to moved upward to answer his smirk with my smile.

“not quiet a good choice.”, he said and his smirk reached his eyes.

‘Is he work in the kitchen or he is just saying?’, I tried to pointed out which was almost impossible with his stable facial expression and that huge ugly smirk of him showing most of his teeth.

“I’m kinda agree with you, working in a kitchen is disaster, hard for a woman like me.”, I gulped, struggling to released me.

“then let’s talk to chef and I’ll tell him to be easy on you.”


A Sudden coldness made me to shiver silently as I put my foot in the cold odd room, or maybe not?

I wasn’t sure anymore about the degree of the room since my blood run cold the moment the beaten face of the poor man appeared in my sight of view.

His head was hanging strangely, moving slowly side by side that I couldn’t be sure if he was still breathing or just a small wind coming from the door moved his head.

“He’s our chef.”, I shivered as though someone had talk behind my neck and his warm breath hit my cold skin like a flaming iron stamped in my neck.

His voice was terrifying enough that I did pay more attention to how he said than what he said.

Even his eyes was smirking, enjoying his sweet time to spend. His finger again found their ways around my wrist and made handcuff.

A new wave of panic hit, my body objected and trembled like a ghost past through me and immediate after I yanked my hand out, tried.

“he isn’t dead.”, he said calmly, squeezing my hand tight in his, he walked toward the almost dead body of the man. 

“Wake him up.”, he ordered and I just noticed that new figure in the dark spot that the shadow of the stairs made in the big room.

Taking a deep breath unpleasantly, he came out of the shadow like a ghost he was, simple black shirt under the leather coat and black jean as well.

I gasped loudly as my attention turned to be on his gun that he was simply rubbing his temple with its muzzle like it wasn’t any big deal, yet it was for me.

“you suppose to go and find a target not looking for a beautiful lady and hanging with.”, he said brought a bucket of water and it hit me what he going to do.

“no.”, I yelp in protest as the water hit the beaten face of the man.

He shivered and ... Then I could see his face more clearly.

The blood had oozed from under his hair line and the corner of his lips.  Ugly buries had been seen all around his face and had made his face like a big black and white football ball and hard to recognized the man by the time, I wondered if I knew him somewhere. But although the two big old scar on each side of his face was obvious.

Then it hit me, “Kim Jiwon.”, I whisper to myself, and judge by the situation he was-

“So you know him?”, the man in the black asked with smirk. 

-I was not in a good situation either.

“no.”, I cried and looked at him in the horror, he was still playing with a gun in his hand.

“so how did you know his name?”, this time it was the man near me, his voice playing in my ears.

“I guess?”, I complete the sentences with a obvious unsureness waving in my voice that made my word more like a question.

He laughed and put out his gun with his other hand.

Silver gun was shining in the light of the room the was obviously unique and expensive and the name of the man could be seen ‘David’.

‘where did I hear this name before?’, I asked myself, begging for answer, ‘I should keep a dairy.’

“so you’re not a woman who came to our drug cooler about a week or so?”, he asked innocently, rising eyebrows at me.

Felt a bucketful of ice cascade into my stomach, I swallow slowly. My ears shut and my eyes widened in surprise.

‘there is any point in hiding?’

“there is no point in hiding.”, he said and showed the silver gun to me again.

'Thank you.', I wanted to said.

“Is she the woman who you betrayed us for?”, man in the black spoke again and his voice was ten time murderous this time, or maybe it was my brain that function every thing ten time worse than it was.

“no.”, he said weakly, empty eyes not leaving me.

“you are so loyal”, David said bitterly, “but to the wrong side.”

And then he put the cold muzzle on my temple and leaned his face forward to mine. His eyes burning with dangerous fire.

“I’m not here to play, where is the case?”, his voice turned to warning one and I flinched.

“W-which case?”, I said brokenly, hold the tears so hard but my hands were trembling already in his.

“that was for 20 years ago.”, he press the muzzle harder and I already felt it was hurting my skin.

“I-I don’t know where it is, h-honestly, I d-don’t know, I just think I l-left it in the cooler.”

He looked at me with a I-don’t-buy-it face and trust seeker eyes which want to find a truth.

“she is telling the truth,”, a familiar calm voice came from the upper floor of the room.

“So then where is the case?”, his lips automatically curled back from his teeth as he heard a voice of the new incomer, “I guessed it might be you then? but I was just stupid thinking that you may prefer running away leaving with your daughter, what was her name again?, Yu-,”

“ off.”, she throwing a bomb with her high pitch voice, “don’t you dare call her name with your dirty mouth.”, she cut him roughly.

“whatever you say sweetheart, either me don’t have time.”, he took a deep breath before continuing, “where is the case?”

“and what made you think I would tell you?”, the voice came from the different direction of the upper floor this time and every single eyes fixed on there.

Suddenly, he pulled me in by my wrist and pressed the muzzle in the side of my forehead. I felt the uncomfortable coldness of it against my skin, “because of this girl.”, he said both calmly and loudly, “find her.”, David mouthed to his friend without knowing that what was going to happen next.

BaNg.

Of course I scream and sharp cry of pain was heard, then the man in the black lost his balance and fell on the floor that loud bang followed.

“Damn it.”, he rasped loudly and wrapped his hand around the injury on his foot, It was bleeding badly and soon the scent of blood hit me and made my heart beat to jump.

It was all real, someone shot someone in the foot not just that unreal shot in the movie it was a ing real bullet that could be in my brain instead of his foot.

I just had to a really simple task, ‘don’t die.’

“so guys, it almost seems like I don’t have any thing to do with-“

“one bullet for one bullet.”, David even didn’t ignore me, he didn’t even hear me, I bet.

BaNg.