Optional Memory

Beauty and The Best

Y U J I N:

“No.”, first and probably could be last too if I just didn’t think properly.

“so where the hell you want to stay the whole night?”, he said and looked at me with his teaser glare.

“do you have extra room?”, I asked suddenly cause absolutely I didn’t want to stay with him in one room.

“all of my brother room is empty, 11 extra room.”, he said , “didn’t you enjoy of sleeping with me?”

“Oh Sehun!”, I warned again cause I felt heat of my cheeck. It was second time that he mentioned this subject and I just felt embarrassed every time he brought that.

“get on.”, he said and opened the door for me and I sat gently in the passenger seat.

We again back to his house where we came from. Till this time I didn’t notice how big the house was, actually I didn’t notice it at all. Big white house like it wasn’t from that street, it was totally different from neighbors.

“Are you sure you aren’t richer than us?”, I asked him when my eyes fixed on the fancy building in front me, although it was smaller than ours.

He grabbed my arms and pulled me toward the door gently and we came inside.

Inside was smaller that made me wonder but even more fancier. all the furniture must cost too much Judge by all of the wooden thing that made by polished pine, color of all glass made the whole house like a rainbow with the curtain that was made by powder blue silk.

“this is my work office.”, he pointed at the first room in the first floor that was in the right of the circle hall, “and it’s Suho’s.”, right opposite his.

And then we went upstairs, The stairs mad as well as other wooden stuff with polished pine.

Eleven room was in the second floor.

“you can stay at, absolutely not Luhan, nor Xiumin, nor Kris, nor Suho, nor Lay but Baekhyun is okay, he do the same to all of us so he deserve it.”, he said happily and pointed at his brother room, “you can go inside I get your luggage.”

“thank you.” I said carefully and went to the room. Room was cozy and warm, it wasn’t as big as my own room but it still was big.

“here is your luggage.”, Sehun came in without knocking cause I left the door open.

“I guess you can be nice sometimes.”, I said and smirked at him, he really acted weird. 

“maybe I’m start to falling in love with you.”, he said and took a step closer.

“don’t taste me, I’m not going to believe so it’s useless, at least said a believable lie.”, I suggested and turned my face from him.

Absolutely not, there is no way for Sehun to fall in love with me, cause we are from different world from different fantasy, we are different at any rate, “thank you anyway.”

“Welcome.”, he left the room after his last word and closed the door behind.

I looked at the room again, the object weren’t fancy at any rate, they were more like they were compiled together from anywhere.

The room wasn’t neat at all that I didn’t expect more too, but at least it wasn’t as bad as mine .

I pulled my new phone out of my pocket, it was so hand able, but I didn’t have much time to work with it properly.

No app had been installed yet so there wasn’t so much I could do. First I checked the phone camera. It was perfect with high quality of picture it takes, show very small details even.

I opened the gallery, and I wonder that I didn’t expect this.

“Sehun!”, I yelled and get out of the room, I didn’t know which was Sehun’s, but I got my answer a few second later.

“what?”, he asked while he still stood on the door way of his room. His room was the last one.

“I should ask. What is this?”, I said and showed the phone as I closed our distance.

“oh my photo? I took some for you to never miss me.”, he said with smirk and leaded me to his room, “come in.”

“should I take some too?”, he asked with raised eye brow and sat on his bed. His bed was  big enough for two people unlike Baekhyun’s and his room was bigger than Baekhyun’s too or maybe it just seem like that cause it was so neater than his brother’s.

“Do you know how to cook?”, I said and ignored his last question, but I even thinking about it was weird.

“good try for changing subject. But why are you asking?”, he said and made a carefree face for me.

“I’m hungry.”, I said simply and collect all my courage to look at him for a while.


“okay, I’m done.”, he said and packed the pizza box again.

“you just eat three slice.”, I asked with opened eyes and raised eyebrow.

“that’s why I’m so thin and you aren’t.”, he said and looked at me with smirk.

-what? How dear you call a woman fat?

-I didn’t but if you said so.

-you are monster Sehun, you know?

“Yujin,” ,he suddenly made a serious face and looked at me, so I just put the slice on my hand aside, “what’s the problem of the company?”

I knew that he bring this subject soon or late but even with it I just looked at him surprised like I was just shocked when he asked about it.

I bit my lower lip. “even if you have some sort of source you shouldn’t search for this, promise me.”, I said cause I promised that I never try to find UN identity.

“for what?”, he said and looked at me wandering.

“just promise.”, I said sharply.

“promise.”

“someone text me about the some sort of problem in drug section, but her or his number was unknown, UN-stand for unknown number-said that I shouldn’t tell anyone, cause her or his life would be in danger so don’t try to finder her or his identity.”, I said and took a beep breath to continue cause it wasn’t going to be easy to explain, “she text me about the changing of the formula and said that the change isn’t good, also talked about that some of the new drug was disappeared and unfortunately she was right.”, I said and even though this subject wasn’t stressful my heart was pounding on my chest.

Did I explained it correctly?

“you took a picture of the formula didn’t you?”, he asked with his still serious face.

-my phone was drown, do you forget?

-I just forget it. Can we do something that I could go to the company?

-I couldn’t even go myself, cause my wallet drown too, but I could call someone, that he could do.


“Kim Taehyung , I said please let him in.”, I said with cute tone.

“Yujin, I just can fix your card.”, he yelled again and repeat his sentence for the third time.

“I know, I know, but just give him a guest card.”

“Yujin you know that I don’t have any.”

“just steal one for the sake of god they are in the safe-”

At the time Sehun snatched my phone out of my hand.

“what the hell Sehun?”, I yelled and tried to catch it again but it seems impossible like he was on the air and I was on earth so I just gave up and frowned at him.

“hello, I’m Oh Sehun.”

“thank you, we have a same aim I think so we can help each other.”, he said slowly and I knew even Kim Taehyung-smartest between three of us- didn’t get it.

“don’t put Yujin’s life in danger.”, he said and looked at me distractedly. And what could I do but putting down my guard.

“really, thank you.”

“bye.”

“He agreed.”, he said with little smiled that was shown his satisfaction and happiness at the same time, the smile that made him different from the one with smirk.

“you use me against him, I feel bad.”, I lied, an obvious lie cause my heart stated to pounding when he just said ‘don’t put Yujin’s life in danger’ should I believe him? I didn’t want to be tease by him.

“you are really bad at lying.”, he said with smirk and took a step closer, “should I teach you?”

“There is no way I could run from it how did you just know?”, I said myself, but I felt like it wasn’t willingly.

“By looking at your eyes, they are so innocent.”, one step closer and my gaze already started to run over the room in order to avoided his.

“do you want me to teach you?”, he already was so near to me an inch or two.

“can you?”, I said and prayed that my stress wasn’t shown on my voice.

“of course, my dear.”, words sound so unfamiliar specially from Sehun’s mouth.


S E H U N:

“okay, thank you.”, I said and gave a slight smile to Mr. Kim.

“no need to thank me, cause I do it for Yujin, this is Yujin’s that already have access to every section and soon yours will be prepared.”, Mr. Kim said and bowed in front of me, “anything else?”

“I know that I put you in so much trouble already, yet I want something.”, I said calmly, but felt guilty inside.

-How can I help you?

-I want to check something in the document of the drug section.

-you can check with-

“I know I can, but I want someone to make me sure of something, someone that be trustworthy, and professional at chemistry. Do you know any?”, I cut him off before he could complete his sentence.

“there is someone but any way be careful, Shin Yujung.”, He said and turned his face from me.

“I never let anything happen to Yujin.”, I said finally and look straight ay his place without any doubt in myself.

“Don’t be sure boy, I remember that Yeongi said the same words too.”, he said and turned to face me. 

Her grandfather said the same word and he is failed?

“do you know Yujin disease? I bet you don’t. She has a optional memory-”

“what?”, I cut him for the second time.

“Her memory, she throw the memory of her parents away, cause they were painful for her, I told Yeongi to don’t let her do that and he didn’t listen and now she can’t remember her parents, unless she see a sign of her parents or something from her childhood that remained her of her parents, and it will be even more painful when she remember everything.”, he ended his word and left me there without any additional word.

Optional memory didn’t seem bad but it’s awful if you think that she can’t remember her parents no matter how hard she try, how hard she cry like she do when she was sick.

I headed a drug section with the mind full of thought about how she could feel, I know I couldn’t understand even if I imagine, but at least I tried to understand her feeling and emotion that she cried for someone to care.

“sorry do you know where can I found Mrs. Shin Yujung?”, I asked a young woman, she was around 27.

“yes, right in front of you.”, the woman said calmly and I looked in front of me over her, no one was there even no sign of life.

“Sorry I can’t see anyone in front”

“What? I mean myself man.”, she said and crossed her arms over her chest.

How could she be a trust worthy, she was just 29 at least and even she was so young to be professional.

“No way.”, I asked in surprise and amazement.

“I’m very displeased by this reaction, Mr. Oh.”, she said with bossy manner but surprised me again that I didn’t get any chance to be bother about her manner.

“How did you know me?”

“H-how?”, she asked a bit surprised, “I just saw you with Mrs. Min and heard your name.”, she said made everything harder, cause I realized that she was good at lying.

“okay, someone said you are trustworthy, I hope it would be correct.”, I said raised an eyebrow at her.

“want you to do something for me, an nobody is going to understand, okay?”, I said and with warning tone and trued to didn’t miss the eye contact.

“okay, but you should promise too.”, she said and looked back at me, “don’t tell my name and never mention me.”

“deal.”, I said and lead her to the document section although I knew that she already knew where it was.

I put Yujin’s card on the card reader and the door opened for us, exactly the same as we left last time.

 So many file was there and all of them were ordered by time and it wasn’t so hard to find the right file that I searched for.

“this one.”, I said and brought out one of the file that I remembered Yujin had been brought out the day we came. I searched but there wasn’t anything, I filliped the document three times but there wasn’t anything.

“what’s wrong?”, Yujung said and took a step closer in order to see the document properly.

“something is missed.”, I said and didn’t pay attention to her any longer, every one the UN was, she or he was right, one of the formula deleted from the document to hid everything, but I knew I didn’t let it go like this.

“I remember that formula.”, she said quietly, and looked at me, “first product of the formula was safe but they change it to make something more powerful, something for explosion, it’s not the first one Mr. Oh, there is kind of poison that just our company can make, by the way you didn’t hear it from me, I have to go.”, she bowed then and left the room hurriedly.

I tried to review all the thing that happened and then I left the room sane as I entered.

Shin Yujung wasn’t in a sight any more, so I just give up at rolling my eyes and searching for her.

Exit room was on the different way from the enteric and I just exited from it without any attention to my around, every thing call out that there us something wrong but with no prove it was just a useless. 

“what do you think about?”, her calm voice was so sudden and I was taken by surprise.

“You.”, I said romantically and looked at her feature that appeared from the shadow.

“funny.”, she said and came closer, “I want to invite you somewhere, do you have free time?”

“honestly I don’t think, I have to go and check for the restaurant.”, I said guilty, cause she said honestly unlike me.

I wanted to search for the formula to know how dangerous it could be and which company buy such a thing from Min’s.

“I thought It was one of the rules, ‘don’t lie to each other’.”, she said and faced me with a mocking smirk, honestly I didn’t think she was smart enough to understand I lied and this was why I shocked.

“it doesn’t seem like I deny it.”, I said, “where do you want to invite your husband?”, I said and smirked back at her.

“one of your restaurant.”

“So it’s better to come back home.”

 

“what?”, she said surprised and her eyes opened as wide as tennis ball, “it’s just disappear?”

“yes. You asked it already.”, I said and put the dishes on the sink, “wash them.”

“What?”, she didn’t even get the time to calm herself from last shock.

-they are not going to be washed themselves.

-I never do that before.

“everything has a first time.”, I said and picked her up by her shoulder.

“I don’t know how to do it, it’s-”

“for the sake of GOD you are just going to wash them.”, I said and looked at her cute sad face, “okay I’ll help you.”

I lead her to the sink and both of us stood in front of the sink, “put the warm water in the roasting pan and wash it with dish soap.”, I paused for a while but she didn’t do any thing but staring at the hill of dishes, “hurry up.”, I yelled and made her to washing them.

Her hand were covering with the foam and she did it well although it was her first time, “I think you said you help me?”, she asked and shoot a glare at me when she finally washed last plate.

-I do. I tell you how to do it.

“I knew that part myself.”, she said and throw a foam at me with the wave of her hand.

“what are you doing?”, I yelled and looked at her amused face.

“It was fun.”, she said and smiled at me.

“Good, cause you have to do it everyday when we get married.”, I said with smirk and cleaned the foam up, she looked at me in disbelief.

-Why are you always teasing me when I’m happy? It’s not funny, is it? Jimin is used to do the same too.

Jimin? Why is she always think about other guys?

It made me angry that always she brought another guy name when we spoke and I couldn’t help it so I grabbed her by her shoulder and pinned her between my body and wall to show her my anger, “never mention any other guy in front of me ever again.”, she looked so confused, didn’t know what happened and her eyes had been opened by my sudden action.

“Why did you become sensitive all of a sudden? I just said that-”

Cut her off again with my serious look, “don’t compare me with other guys.”, I kept eye contact till she spoke this time, “why? Are you jealous of them?”, she said and tried to free herself, but couldn’t do any thing.

“why should I?”, I asked and tried to show my face cool and she said, “so if it’s not can you please let me go.”

“do you love me?”, all of a sudden I asked and my question even made me wonder, her face didn’t show any kind of expression, “absolutely not, what made you think that way?”

Lier! I know she was laying when she just try to avoid my gaze, breaking the eye contack but why my heart pounding hard, why it was still hurt?

The worst idea ever came to my mind but I couldn’t brought myself to don’t do it so I just closed my face to her and our lips just have an inch distance. My heart was pounding so hard on my rib cage as I closed our distance and her large pupil called the same thing out for her.

“so why is your heart beating so fast?”, I stopped myself harder than I had expected, and even couldn’t move my gaze from her pink lips. I had no idea about the way I act, did I really fall for her? Or I just cruise to know if she had a same feeling.

But to my wonder she pushed me by my shoulder that I almost lost my balance and I could have fall if I didn’t reached the edge of the sink at the right time.

“good night.”, she sounded so weird and her eyes was still open like a little scared cat, she left the kitchen without any other word and even looking in my spot straight.