Murphy's law

Beauty and The Best

Hey guys, I'm so sorry because of the late and short update, my exams just started and it was really hard to update, but now they were ended fortunatly but new term started and it's much harder so I'm apologaizing before anything happen and I don't get a chance to update. Thank you everyone who subescribe to this story❤❤


Look at wherever you like, there was at least fifty boxes and all of them belonged to our company.

Because many of the drug are sensitive to light we have to use especial boxes. The boxes are dark, strong and shockproof but at the same time they aren’t really heavy. And all of the boxes in the room were this strong dark box.

“what the hell is this?”, I whisperd on the phone but I was still shock to listen to the answer, and it came out like I'm talking to myself.

“I told you, didn’t I?”, the sound came from the  other end of the phone, “what ever you want to do, do it as fast as you can, but don’t move anything.”

‘what should I do?’, I asked myself and turned to take a look all around, stressfully.

My heart was pounding even though it didn’t show many things yet, it showed something was wrong from the very first.

I opened my camera on the phone and took pictures as many as I could, and at the time the tag of one box caught my eyes.

There are tag on every box that explain the drug inside it, like how should we protect them, what they made of and application of them, but one of the tag that explain the biggest drug box was screamind diffrent.

It was as big as a coffin but the tag was said one thing, a name of it which was ‘Urex-B’, and no explanation for the application of the drug or anything else.

I took a picture although I knew it didn’t show any thing.

But the sudden phone call made my heart to escape a beat, the ringtone was loud cause I couodn't hear the phone when I'm asleep, “why the hell did you hang up the phone?”, the voice was angry.

“I didn’t.”-me

“it’s not important now, just get out of the damn place!”-her

“why? What’s happened?”-me

“oh god damn it, they are in the hall way. Hide, just I don’t know- do something- I don’t know, kill yourself, just don’t let them know that you are there.”, she was absolutely panicked, her trembling voice showned every thing that I needed to know.

They wouldn't be happy when they found out that I was here.

‘What the hell should I do? Okay girl just breath.’

And god damn it there wasn’t even a single spot to hide some giant like me…except a spot that even was more dangerous than the whole situation but at least made my death postponed.

I was in doubt but the sounds of the door-the wall technically-made me to rush and hide inside the biggest box.

Hopefully it wasn’t too tight but it wasn’t comfortable either cause even the thought of being in such a small place uncomforted me let alone I was there, with so many unknown drug.

“oh god they're too much.”, the hoarse voice caught my attention, like it was belong to a heavy smoker man.

“just shut your big mouth and carry them into the van.”, this time the voice was so stable and bossy.

“they look heav-“

“just move your ing . I’m not going to ask you nicely next time, so before I remove your for you move it.”, the bossy man cut the other younger man at the middle and it was a bit harsh, just a bit.

“Okay lift it up from the other side.”, heavy smoker guy ordered.

Suddenly the box that I was in it, jolt a little but it didn’t move or lift up, it seem like they stopped it at the middle.

‘oh it, they’re going to move them? Seriously God, I have a quastion, can any good thing happened in my life line?’

I tried my best not to move, control my breath and didn’t make any sound, like I was dead already otherwise I would die.

“it’s ing heavier this time.”, the young man whispered and tried to nobody hear it but his smoker friend.

“for the sake of God, Chanwoo it’s heavy what do you think a poor man lik-“

But before he got a chance to finish his sentence a loud crash sound came from top of the box, obviously Chanwoo wasn’t in the mood today, “didn’t I tell you shut you mouth, should I shut it for you?”

“he can’t breath Chanwoo! You’re going to kill him.”

“so what? A world would be better without a one more useless man, don’t you think?”

‘was he trying to choke him? OMG, he seem serious and emotionless and if he kill him, is it my fault?'

For the second I really wanted to jump out of the box, cause killing a person is not something you should play with but the sound of a chough grabbed my attention.

“next time, I shoot you in the head.”, Chanwoo said even more emotionlessly.

“you okay man?”, young man said but it didn’t seem like he really care.

“that , I’m going to beat him someday.”, he said and his voice was even deeper now.

Then aging they trying to lift the box up and this time it was succesful, I didn’t really felt the move and jolt but I get that they move the box and suddenly they put it down again carefully.

“oh , what the did they put in the boxes this time.”, younger man said thoughtfully, “should we open it?”

‘what the ? No man, a big no.'

What would they if they found out? If they found out that I’m here they were going to chop me to small pieces first and then going to sell them in the black market, in the good case.’

“what the hell are you doing in parking?”, Chanwoo yelled again and make the man to move and I heard their footstep getting farther.

‘Chanwoo, my man, but wait, did he just said parking? Is it mean the they have van in our parking?’

The parking of the company have a separated card which means even all of the employer can’t use it. 

My heart was pounding and tried its best to pump the blood to my poor brain, make me believe that it couldn’t just happen under my aunt nose and she didn’t realized it yet, but how could I? What is she even doing? It felt like I didn’t know her, her smile and her eyes, all turned to be unfamiliar.

I looked at my phone that was still in my hand but she already hanged up and left me alone, but what could she do?

I again look at the contact.

‘should I call Sehun?’, the thought crossed my mind and flight out as easily as it came cause I knew Sehun wasn’t going to do as he said, he would committed with those rules, he was about to lie to me yesterday , did he think I’m stupid? No boy, I’m not going to be fooled.

Beside it wasn’t a bad idea honestly, they might move the box to their warehouse which mean I was going to find it too and collect more information as Sehun said to me to do.

‘I called him then.’

I felt the van start moving with a sudden jolt and on nerve sound. It must be an old van judge by the sound and move.

“Chanwoo, are they new drugs?”, young man asked, the heaviness of the box was really caught his attention and it was not a good thing for me.

“no.”, Chanwoo answered simply.

I expected him to said something but in return he just hummed and let it be.

I turned my phone flashlight on because of the drug the light didn’t allow to come in and it was deadly dark although my eyes used to darkness of the inside it still was scary.

The thought of grave crossed my mind and honestly there was no wonder, every thing you need for it was ready, tight coffin, coldness, darkness, danger except that I still heard my heartbeat.

I lost track of time in this dreadful time, I didn’t know how much time I spend in the damn box but I was sure as hell that I spend every second with scared of being caught.

The car jolt harder again and stopped this time probably where I have to idea.

“okay move the boxes to drug room.”, Chanwoo ordered and they began with the biggest box which meant my box again.

I looked at the clock of my phone and my eyes opened just when I looked at the screen.

‘how the hell did time passed.’

It was about three hours that I left Sehun’s place in rush and broke all three rules of our friendship.

“David, go to computer section and check if the problem solved yet or not, tell them I’m going to kill three of them if the damn problem doesn’t solve when I’m arrived. Jiwon, go and check secretary camera, tell me if you see and suspect move even if it’s noting.”, Chanwoo said and there was an obvious seriousnes in his voice that made me to froze in my place.

There was a big problem which made them to be alert all the time which again meant that luck wasn’t on my side.

‘I didn’t think I would ever said that I believe in murphy’s law. But now I believe in this ing law, God know how much I used this word ‘’ to day.’

The foot step sound got farther and the door shut again. All of them left so I got out of the coffin.

It was the best feeling so far, I stretched my body and patted my arm to make them a little comforter. 

The whole room was colder than average but it was nothing to bother someone. I looked around the room again to have a better look. There was a tall and huge closet at the corner of the room, it was old and didn’t seem like anybody open it since a very long time.

On the opposite side of the room there were shelves that were full with so many cases. I approached the shelves and took a better look at them. The case at the top shelves was for almost twenty years ago and would be the oldest but the case at the bottommost shelves was for the past three years.

I picked one of the case that was in the topmost even though I barely even touch the topmost be cause of my height.

At the time I opened the case my phone rang with the loud sound ringtone.

‘what the hell Edward Murphy?’, I cursed to myself and tried my best to cover the speaker and finally I rejected the call.

It was Sehun. There was just two reason for him to call,

One: he knows what the hell I’m doing although myself don’t know.

Two: he is just getting worried cause he doesn’t know what am I doing.

I go to the other side near the closet cause I wasn’t sure if any one hear the ringtone, there was no way for me to run but at lest I had a place to hide at the other side.

Min Yujin: I’m in the middle of something, call you later.

I texted him and just when I was going to put the phone on mute mood he texted.

Oh Sehun: and what the hell is that think? Do you think I’m stupid?

‘what the hell, dose he really know? But how?’

Min Yujin: If I want to be honest I never think about you, who do U think you are. I have to go.

Oh Sehun: you don’t have. Just stay still I’m coming.

Min Yujin: what? What do you mean? Do you know where I am?

But before I get a chance to see his answer I heard a song coming from outside.

“are you sure you hear a ringtone from here?”, Chanwoo asked angrily and his voice getting nearer.

I didn’t get a chance to think cause just when I was about to open a box someone put hand on my mouth and grabbed me from behind. But my phone slipped out of my hand and crushed the floor.

I was fast and grabbed my phone from the floor when she pulled me to the closet by violence.

She closed the door of the closet from inside with a narrow knife, before I get a chance to protest.

Chanwoo stepped inside the room. From the crevices I could see, he was angry and nerves. It’s my first time that I saw his face and its far from what I expected to see, he has a big wound on his left cheek that it was from his nose to the corner of his lips, his shoulder was board, and he was far taller than the man standing next to him and at least his height hit 180.

“is this the box that was heavy?”, he asked.

“yes, biggest one.”, young man answered but it didn’t seem like he was unhappy about the situation. His face was much better and even his face could count as handsome although he wasn’t very tall compered to Chanwoo.

Chanwoo opened the poor box harshly, but obviously no one was inside, though my heartbeat started raising and pounding hard on my chest.

‘stupid. If it wasn’t because of this woman you would die.’

I looked back to take a better look from her face, but she was wearing a black mask and her hand on my mouth made it hard for me to look at her carefully.

“search all the place you have to find who ever this person is, am I clear, start from the closet.”, he said to younger man and pointed to the closet and left the room with anger.

My heart escaped a beat again and I shuddered at my place.

“don’t be scared, Just stay still and try to don’t breath.”, she whispered and without any control over myself her voice made me calm. Her voice was sweet and familiar , like I heard it for a life time.

She pulled her hand back from my mouth and hide me and herself in the way which it was impossible for any one to see us from the crack of the door.

Young guy approached the door and tried to opened the closet but It was closed.

“closed.”, he cursed under his breath but I heard it clearly then left the room just like Chanwoo did.

“what are you doing here girl? Don’t you know how dangerous it is? Did you see how angry they are?”, she said as she was being sure that no one hear her voice.

“what do you mean?”, I asked with no clue, “you yourself are here just like me, or are you one of-"

“I’m different, I’m alter and aware of every thing and I’m trained for bad situations, but you are just a naive stupid girl.”, she answered angrily and made me anger too.

‘how dear she call me naive,  dose she even know me?’

I frowned, “who do you work for?”, I asked to change the subject

‘just because you saved my life otherwise I wouldn’t stepped back this easily, don’t even think it’s because you are right.’, I said to myself and tried to contented myself.

“it’s none of you busi-“

“so it’s none of your business what I am doing here too.”, I cut her and looked her straight in the eyes. Her eyes was light brown but and the lined near the corner of her eyes was almost obvious which meanst she wasn’t young at least forty.

“we have to go.”, she said and change the subject like I did a few second ago.

“we? Why should I come with you?”, I asked with raised eye brow.

‘I’m not naive.’

“If I wanted to hurt you I could do it sooner, don’t you think?”, she said and wrapped her finger around my wrist swiftly, “come on.” She said and pulled the wall of the closet.

“what the hell!”, I said and looked at a new door that was opened from behind for the second time in day.

“I said I know every thing, didn’t I?”, she said and although she was wearing a mask I could see she had a smirk on her lips.

The drug room was at the behind of the building and the building was an old factory at the outside of the city.

“what do they do in this cursed place?”, I asked the woman who knew every thing.

“I’m about to understand it and at the time you stepped in.”, she said and tight his grip around my wrist, “okay we have to run. Are you ready?”

“hey I could run by my own, why do you tighten you grip?”, I said and tried to free my hand but although she was a woman she was stronger.

‘why do everyone stronger than me these days?’

“no, it would be dangerous.”, she protest. I just wondered why this is even matter to her to let me be. And the sudden feeling ran to my body and made me shuddered.

‘is she a police?’, I wanted to ask but at the moment I changed my mind and even myself didn’t know why I asked, “why is it matter to you?”

She paused for a second, “cause…”, she tried to find a right word to explain. She turned to face me her eyes were full of pain, “cause you see my eyes and hear my voice, don’t be stupid.”, she said and swallowed.

‘why is it hurt? I didn’t expect this answer but what did I expected?’

She again began to run but she was nimble and agile. I couldn’t get a chance to protest.

The alarm system activated and the loud sound of siren could be heard. She looked behind for a little while and push me forward, “We have to run faster.”

But suddenly my eyes caught a dim figure of someone that just appear in front of us.

“who is that?”, I asked and looked at the woman next to me. The figure started to walk toward us and slowly I started to recognize the man.

“oh, he is Sehun.”, I said a bit happily and tried to go toward him but she grabbed me and push me back, “what are you doing?”

“are you sure he is Sehun, what if he isn’t?”, she asked with doubt and looked at me.

‘how do he know that I’m here if he really is Sehun?’, the thought flashed through my mind and made me a suspicions as well, ‘but he said he would come so he can be him.’

“are you sure?”

“I don’t know how did he find me here?”

“run.”, she said and ran while she still had my hand in hers. I couldn't protest to stop her and make muself sure that he was Sehun or not. Then I see when the figure see that we started running he ran after us too and suddenly his cold hand reached for mine and his finger wrapped around my wrist. They were as cold as ice, but his breath was heavy and warm, he pulled me to his arm and I couldn’t have any chance but to turn and fall into his.

The woman looked at me with a bitter sadness in her eyes and started to ran again.

“are you okay?”, he said with a gasp but I was busy with fallowing a woman with my eyes that was getting farther and farther.

“yes.”, I finally managed to say when made myself sure that she would be okay alone. Suddenly, my mind began to analyze the moment and I pulled myself from his hug and looked at the floor awkwardly. 

“what are you doing -”, I asked but a sudden sounds of siren stated again and cut my question.

“we have to go.”, he said and like what the woman did he grabbed my hand and started to run again. this time was totally shorter but my foot started to aching. There was a sharp pain on my toes that stopped me in the middle. Fortunately Sehun seem to be ready and didn’t lose his balance.

“we have to go.”, he said and looked at me but I hadn't enough courage to look at him back so I just sat and patted my ached toes, “I can’t, it hurts.”, I said with a little childish manner cause it’s always work better when you just imitate a kids, they are cute and it’s a best weapon for them to get everything they wanted.

“when do you want to grow up? Why are you so childish?”, he nagged and looked at me with those furious eyes of him.

‘what’s wrong with this man, beast.’

I stood up and let him to have my hand but he grabbed of my waist and picked me up in his hand.

“what the hell?”, I asked looked at his face that was fixed on the road front us.

“put your hand around my shoulder I want to run.”, he said and his voice tone was like shut-up-and-listen way thus I did and let him carry me cause honestly my foot ached like hell and his embraces was warm like hell too.