Chapter 3

My protector (Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Authors p.o.v.~

"Why is he not picking up?" Chen wonders aloud.

The phone answers finally "Hey baby.... baby are you there? Hello Chen are you there" the caller asks.

Sobbing comes from Chen's side of the phone.

"Chen baby what's wrong tell me"

"It's Baek" Chen explains through the cries.

"What do you mean it's Baek, what's happened to him Chen"

"Kyungsoo called me and told me Tj has been using Baek as a punching bag"

"What the ?! Are you sure Chen"

"Yes I'm ing sure, Kyung saw the bruises all over his body, even Kai saw them" Chen took a deep breathe before continuing "How could any one hurt Baek, he is the nicest guy around he is like a little puppy, how could anyone hurt him like that Minseok how?!"

"Hey baby its ok, I'm on my way home from work, I'll be there soon"

"No no wait, we can't see each other yet before our wedding"

"Chen baby, you know I love you but the wedding isn't for another two days, and you're upset I don't like you upset ok baby I'm on my way please stop crying ill sort this ok I wont be long"

"Ah waee?! Ok maybe I want it to be that day"

 "Tough, not for another 2 days babe"

"Ok baby be safe and hurry to me"

"I will baby"

"I love you"  he sniffled happy to hear it back to him before the line goes dead. 

Minseok gets into the car, slamming the door closed in anger "That bastard Tj thinks he can get away with this and hurt my man's best friend before my wedding"

"Call Kai" The sound of the dial tone comes out of the car speakers, Minseok fills the wait with the beat he generated from his fingers on the steering wheel "Come on Kai pick up the call" when it went to voicemail Minseok let out a groan slamming his hand on the wheel in frustration. 

After a moment and many curse words his phone begins to ring.

"Hi Kai" he says while acting calm. 

"Hey Minseok, sorry I missed your phone call, were you looking for me?"

"Yes" he replied using an 'Are You serious right now' tone, "I just got a call from Chen, who was crying by the way, care to explain what the happened Kai"

"Awww man" the guy on the other line drew a breath before explaining "We brought Baek shopping for your wedding and he went into the changing room to try on a few things, but when Kyungsoo went in to give him his drink he got for him he screamed. I ran in to see the commotion and Baek had his shirt off, all I could see were all these bruises new and old Minseok" he paused before releasing his breath "man he looked like he was in a fight with least 6 guys".

"Where is Baek now Kai?"

"He left us at the mall with his clothes and his suit, he just took off Min, he isn't picking up his phone, we don't know where he is, we tried the dorm he shares with Tj but he isn't there. Min, I need to go back to Kyung, he is sobbing in our bedroom. He is blaming himself for being  a bad friend because he didn't know about Baek What are we gonna do Minseok?" 

"Leave it with me Kai you just focus on your husband and leave this with me I'll call you later"

"Okay hyung, talk to you later" Just like that the line went dead. 

Minseok slams his hand on the steering wheel in pure anger "I'll kill that bastard Tj" he mutters through gritted teeth. After a moment of thinking he shouts "Call Baek" the car immediately connecting the line. Unlike Kai, Baekhyun picked up after three rings of the dial tone. 

"Hello?" he said in a whispered tone.

"Hey Baek how are you?" Minseok says with a happy voice, so the boy on the other line wouldn't get suspicious. 

"Eh I'm ok Minseok, how are you? Are you looking forward to your flight later?"

"I am Baek" he admitted with a nod "I can't believe I'm marrying my soul-mate in the next few days"

No response comes from Baek's end of the call, causing Minseok to raise a brow in confusion "Hey Baek are you still there?"

The man in the car could hear the sniffles through the raised car speaker volume "Yes I'm here"

"Baek have you been crying?" he couldn't help but ask. 

Even though he knew everything that happened he needed to pretend he didn't know, he hated lying to Baekhyun but right now he needed to act like he knew nothing. 

"Baek do you still have the wedding rings?"

Baek sniffles replying with a soft "Yes Min, I have them, they are in my case already you can trust me"

"Ok good we can't forget them or Chen will cut our balls off" Minseok laughs hoping to lighten the boy's mood. He smiled in satisfaction hearing Baekhyun let out a laugh before sniffs again.

"Baek are you sure you haven't been crying, did something happen?"

Chen had told Baekhyun many times before that he was a really good listener. As much as he wanted to tell him but he didn't want to ruin this time for Minseok and Chen, after all it was about them not about him and Tj. 

"Y-yeah it's just that...Tj got into a dirt bike accident, he fell off his bike and broke his leg in two parts at his competition today"

Minseok smiled driving happy after hearing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter