II. Out from within (Ex-)

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 2 days since her first meeting with the director and she'd heard none from him yet, she texted her manager early this morning about it and she received the same line she expected to get, "None at all. They're probably still casting.". Well, there's nothing wrong with trying anyway.

 

Reason as to why she wants to hear updates from the project is because she's getting really bored since Jennie is now back to her most hated shift - a graveyard shift. She knows she'll be sleeping alone for tonight and she honestly hates it - she was never the clingy one but Jennie is surely be the one to blame for this, no one else.

 

She's slouching on the couch and pets Kuma who immediately snuggled on her lap as soon as she cooed him closer when her phone went off. Blindly grabbing her gadget, her lips immediately curved up upon seeing the caller ID and answers it.

 

"Hey. Miss me?"

"Yes."

She chuckles, she always admires that straightforwardness of the woman on the other line. "Miss you too. How's the shift?"

"Boring. I wish you're here."

"So am I. Do you really have to cover the graveyard shifts? I'm getting lonely." Lisa tries to make her voice as pitiful as she could, maybe it would work.

"I wish I have a choice, babe." she heard her sigh. "Just a week, I'd be back to a normal shifting hours. What are you doing?"

"I wish this week would be over by tomorrow." she then starts massaging the dog's head. "I'm being a couch potato with a brown bear on my lap."

"Aw.. Kuku." Jennie says, the dog heard it and raised his head up with his ears moving.

 

Lisa switched her call settings to speaker mode and let Jennie talk with Kuma whose head is tilting left and right while listening to her. She switches it back to the normal mode when Jennie asked her to do so, Kuma reverts back to sleep right in an instant.

 

"Have you eaten?" asks Lisa with her eyes staring at the digital clock in their living room flashing eight thirty two o'clock in the evening.

"Not yet. I just finished my rounds like 10 minutes ago. I'd probably just order take outs. You?"

"Yeah, I just did so did Kuma." then she stifles a yawn, Jennie heard it which had become the reason why she chuckles right immediately.

"Go to sleep, I'll see you tomorrow."

Lisa yawns again and let her eyes moisten. "I'll pick you up and let's have brunch?"

"Good idea. Now go to sleep...." Jennie hears another yawn. "... this baby. Good night, babe. I love you."

"Hm. I'll pick you up tomorrow, just text me. I love you too." Lisa says before Jennie ends the call with one last goodbye. Knowing how hard working her girlfriend is, their brunch would seriously turn into a proper lunch instead.

 

She carries the brown dog as she heads straight to their room, ready to sleep the night away and have Jennie in her arms the next morning.

 

Morning comes and Lisa's already done with all the things needed to be done. Cleaned the house, fed Kuma, changed their sheet as it's already been a week since the last time they did so, watered the bonsai seedlings they'd both decided to get saying it's going to be a great practice for them to be more responsible and attentive - and now she's only waiting for Jennie's message so she could pick her up, ignoring the constant playing of kakao talk ringtone.

 

A little over 10 minutes past eleven o'clock, Lisa's phone beeps for an incoming message.

 

"I'm doing one more quick round before endorsing it to the next practitioner. I'll see you in the parking lot by 20 minutes. Miss you."

Lisa smiles as she starts replying. "Okay. See you in a bit. Miss you too. I love you." and she pockets her phone, pats the head of their dog to bid goodbye before she goes out of the house heading straight to the car.

 

 

She had reached the parking space of the hospital with a few minutes to spare so she checked her social medias and emails while waiting for Jennie. In the middle of scrolling her twitter feed, Lisa stumbles upon a newsfeed that is related to the play that she'd been casted onto - due to curiosity, she clicks the link and starts reading the article.

 

The article says that the new cast of the story is a man she's very familiar with, Jackson Brown - the same Jackson she's partnered with back in college, the same Jackson under the same company she'd signed up with, the same Jackson that Jennie used to be so jealous with. Some of the casts are also theater veterans, article also says that further updates will be released soon in regards to the entire plan of the play.

 

That's when she realized the noise in her kakao talk app, she quickly closes the article and taps

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter