XXIV. Finally

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa just finished getting dressed after a long shower at the gym where she spent at least four hours until her body sought for rest and food to eat. She went out of the gym little over 5 o'clock in the afternoon and drives to the nearest restaurant she could find.

Her mind starts to time travel a few hours ago where she and Jennie had a little confrontation while she's driving. She's basically letting her reflex do the driving — like a programmed autopilot mode.

Her mind continues to drift off back to the way Jennie stares at her with so much doubt and a hint of betrayal that she didn't notice the speeding trailer truck on the other lane heading towards the opposite direction. If it's not because of the loud horns coming from different cars that are on the other side of the intersection, Lisa would've been run over by the truck.

She hastily swerve her car to avoid the possible collision, she steps on the break as hard as she could while trying to take full control until she's able to safely park near a curb. She hurriedly gets out of the car and literally had both her hands and knees onto the grassy area on the side of the road.

Lisa's heartbeat goes erratic, her head starts to spin all while trying to catch a proper breathing, she feels like her lungs are about to collapse on her soon if she wouldn't get enough oxygen in. Her nape and forehead are starting to produce beads of sweat, she just had a near death experience all because of spacing out while driving through the busy streets of Melbourne.

She cursed under her breath as she turns to take a sit, some of the people who saw what happened had gone out of their cars to check on her. Lisa had to beg everyone who approached her to not let this go out especially to the media because unfortunately, all of them recognised who she is. 

After several minutes of negotiations, all of them swore not to tell a single soul about what just happened. The truck driver almost went on his knees while asking for forgiveness after seeing the person he almost cost its life a few minutes ago.

 


The truck driver had fallen asleep after almost 24 hours of nonstop driving, Lisa accepted his apology right in an instant. Despite almost killing her, Lisa didn't even hesitate to say everything was fine. "The most important thing is, we're both safe and we could go back to our respective homes."

"I am truly sorry. I don't know what I'll do if things went on a different way."

"Let's not think about it. You owe me nothing but not sure about that." Lisa points at the traffic light cctv, the driver drove way past the required speed limit and beat the red light on top of that. He'll for sure get tickets anytime soon. 

"I'll pay all the fines. I'm just glad that you're safe."

 

 

They bid goodbyes while the driver continues to apologies until Lisa disappeared inside her car. She had gripped onto the steering wheel hardly that it made her knuckles white in the process.

She's still feeling a bit light headed but then jumps onto her seat when she heard a loud horn coming from behind her car. Knowing what that meant, she continues to drive away, heading towards the restaurant that was just a few blocks away from the intersection. 

She needs to call her manager to tell him about what happened so they could secure the camera footage of the CCTV so it will not be revealed to the public. She doesn't want to add more worries to not only her family and fans but also to not cost trouble to the exhausted truck driver. 


A few rings after. "Hello? Lisa, what's up?" 

"I'll send you my location, meet me there asap. I need your help." 

 

 

***

 


"Did you give her a chance to properly explain herself?"

"I did and all I got from her was that everything was accidental, innocent or it just so happened."

A sigh. "Then why are you not believing her?"

"What do you expect me to react? To think? You know my past about being lied to."

Jisoo let out yet another sigh. "I know that but you're being unfair to Lisa. Yes, they have history together but it's the least thing you could do, to believe her. Not to mention, I still don't like what you did. You could've asked her agency to add security on her instead of hiring someone to do the job and to take pictures. If I were Lisa, I'd be damned to know my girlfriend doesn't trust me enough."

"I did it for her! She hates having security personnels following her, remember?" Jennie reasoned out.

"I do, but doesn't give you the liberty to do that. Look Jennie.." Jisoo trails. "I still haven't talked to Lisa about this yet but you're seriously overthinking. Lisa was wrong to hide these things from you but you were wrong too for accusing her when you only had what? Several photos to support your claim who were by the way just them hugging and talking."

 

Jisoo saw how Jennie's eyes soften which made her inwardly smile, she pushed the right button. Honestly, at times like this, all Jennie needs is someone to knock some sense on her. Jennie can be very hard headed and illogical when she's pissed or mad, her emotions could take over her logic but a little real talk sets her at ease.

 

"Photos couldn't talk, if you still don't have any idea about that. We don't know the reason behind all of these, your hired a bodyguard not a professional stalker or whatsoever. Did he ever once had a chance to have gotten near to them?"

Jennie shakes her head, guilty. "No."

"See? We are both aware how she keeps all her problems and worries to herself unless she's willing and comfortable to share it. You know Lisa more than anyone else aside from her parents or maybe more than her parents do. Talk to her about this and properly."

"That's the thing though, if what you're saying is true then why is she keeping things from me? We're both in this together. Shouldn't we be much more open to each other?"

Jisoo didn't miss the sadness in Jennie's tone and all she could do is smile apologetically. If she's there with them physically, she already had smack the head out of Jennie and also hugged her tightly. "That's why you both need to talk. Don't be too hard on her and yourself, okay?"

Jennie nods while trying not to let a single tear fall. "Thank you, unnie. I wish you're here but thank you. Really."

"I wish I am too so I could smack both of your heads."

Jennie chuckles at that. Just simply glad to have a support system like Jisoo in her life, their lives. "I'll talk to her about this but maybe not now, I am still pissed and it may not end well if I'll force it today."

"Take your time but don't wait it for too long. How many days is she going to stay there?"

"9 days but she only has 7 more days left."

"Take that time in consideration. Remember you have review classes too."

 


Their call ended shortly after several yawns from Jisoo who got home in the middle of dawn and just had a little over 2 hours of sleep before Jennie called. Jennie goes down stairs to get some water, that's the only time she realized that it's almost 5 o'clock in the evening and Lisa is still nowhere in sight.

No texts nor missed calls from her when Jennie checked her phone, of course there wouldn't be, she told her she wanted to be alone for the rest of the day. An hour after and no signs of Lisa's car in their parking lot, Jennie grows worried and was about to dial her number when a pair of rays of light seeps through the glass windows and curtains of their living room and a barking Kuma rushing straight to the door, she sets her phone back to the countertop of the kitchen table — Lisa is home.


Lisa pats the pup who bolts his way to the door just to greet her walking figure. Basing on the duffle bag she's carrying, how her hair is a bit damped and in a new set of clothes, Lisa must've spent her hours in a proper gym, Jennie thought.


"Hi." Lisa curtly says as she goes straight to the kitchen while carrying a take out bag. "It's something Chinese that you like to eat at night, thought I'd bring some home." Lisa smiles, although it didn't reach her eyes. Jennie immediately missed how it used to raise her cheeks cutely and followed by an eyesmile. 

Lisa didn't talk after that, she makes her way upstairs — obviously following what she wants for the rest of the day, not to be disturb. Jennie stares at the take out bag for a good minute before taking the containers out. Lisa brought home 3 different chinese dishes, Jennie's favorites, and her heart immediately swell. Her anger slowly disso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter