XXVII. Epilogue

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) : Here is it, it's the final chapter and the book is officially completed. Thank you to everyone who patiently waited for this to update even after putting this into a 15-month hiatus but hey, we're here.

It's finally the end. Thank you everyone.


TRIGGER WARNING : It's not what you think.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Jennie started clenching her jaws together. "How many things have you hidden from me, Lisa?"

"I'm not hiding anything!"

"And yet you hid this!" Jennie's voice is starting to slowly raise its volume.

"Okay and I admit to that already. I am honestly sorry."

"You swore, Lis. You swore." Jennie could no longer stop a single tear from rolling down her cheek but she immediately wiped it, rather harshly though. "I don't know if I could still trust you."

"Wha—, I.." And once again Lisa is out of words. She knows she had hurt Jennie so badly and she has to suffer for the consequences. She knows how Jennie's trust was badly broken by her past relationship and yet she did it when she could've chosen not to. She was blinded by her own judgements and hurt the woman she loves the most.

"This is too much. Please leave the room."

"We're not done talking."

"What else is left to talk about, Lisa? Tell me." Jennie's eyes are slowly having emotion and it's the emotion Lisa doesn't want to deal with right now — irritation.

"I know I did wrong, mishap of judgement and I am sorry."

"If only I could get a dollar in every empty sorry you've said.."

Lisa grits her teeth. "Guess I deserved that." Lisa looks away, her eyes are slowly getting blurry and she doesn't want Jennie to see it. She needs to be strong, strong enough to pull them back together.

After making sure that she had pushed the tears back in, she opens her eyes and says. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"But you did." Jennie shakes her head. "We're going round and round and I am not in the absolute mood to deal with this. If only you had more faith in me and was honest with me, we won't even have to conversation right now."

Jennie then stands up and calls Kuma over. "I'm taking the guest room. I need time to think." she walks away with the dog in her arms and closed the door.

Lisa broke down as soon as Jennie sets up the wall between.

 

 

 

***

 

 


It has been nearly two months since the confrontation. No other conversations over the same thing happened when Jennie yelled at Lisa two weeks after. It's the same subject but what pushed Jennie to do so was how annoying Lisa had become. Jennie wanted space to think things through yet Lisa ain't giving her that at all. The woman would casually try to open up the subject from time to time and Jennie would politely and calmly turn it down until that faithful night.

Jennie was straight off from long hours of back to back scheduled and emergency surgeries for almost 12 hours. All she wanted was to have peace and nice sleep but Lisa was not understanding that so she yelled. She knew she said something hurtful but her pride and resentment took over that she never dared to apologize the next day but Lisa did.

Since then, Lisa had started to become quiet and sensitive. Sensitive in a way that when she sees Jennie's expression changes to something close to irritation, she would stop whatever she wanted to do or say and give the latter the space she wanted.

There were also times that when Lisa was out to attend acting, dance and voice lessons to keep her on track and in shape during her long break, Jennie would literally bombard her with questions after questions — some neutral, some were jjst straight up accusations but all she could do is understand. 


After all, it was her fault why Jennie turned like this.

 

Jennie starts to always questions what she does when she's not at home. Whether she had told the older where she is going and who was she with, an irritated Jennie would always welcome her every single time.

The only thing that Jennie doesn't get her nose into is her phone. Not that she's hiding anything but somehow, Jennie still gives her a tiny bit privacy.


She wanted to argue sometimes, to tell Jennie that she should trust her but she can't. Jennie isn't the type to swoon over at words, it's about implementations through actions for her. Although it was draining, Lisa swore to do her best to gain her girlfriend's trust again.

 

Jisoo and Chaeyoung were both aware of the situation. Jisoo had to fly back home for a quick visit to check her bestfriends. She tried to become the bridge but it didn't do good. Jennie saw it coming and was technically not having it.

Chaeyoung tried too by giving either Lisa or Jennie a call from time to time — but mostly Jennie though because it's her who needed to calm her jits down — but same thing happened, albeit horrifically calm, Jennie coldly warned her to stop what she's doing.

Since then, the duo tried to keep their noses away from the subject. They tried their best to keep things neutral between the two and so far, Jennie was cool with it.

Jennie had stopped calling Jisoo for advice or just casual talk in general but Jisoo is not giving up on her bestfriend that literally shuts everyone down and succumbs herself into a negative bubble.

It was totally different for Lisa though as she often calls Chaeyoung when things were getting too much for her. There were times that Lisa calls just to cry her heart out, just to say she's drained but she's not giving on Jennie.. on them. Honestly, Chaeyoung was upset at Lisa for doing what she had done but as the time went by, she's getting frustrated at Jennie. Jennie refused to talk things through and the constant resentment that she has for Lisa was annoying the out of her.


She tried to stay quiet until one day when Lisa was in a call with her, Jennie went home barking about something related to a man Lisa had worked with that she was not fully aware off. That was the last straw for Chaeyoung and literally scolded the life out of Jennie.

Chaeyoung was the quiet type of the group, the observant one, the one who doesn't really lose control of her emotions that Jennie had to literally put the phone away from her ear at how loud and raging the younger's voice was. Chaeyoung was furious and Jennie knew that.


After that call, Jennie started to ease down a bit while Lisa still continues to prove what she has to prove to gain Jennie's trust again. It's a hard battle but she's willing to go through it all.

Willing to go through it all that she's committing to put up to this Jennie for the rest of her life.

 

 

 


***

 

 

 

"How is it going?"

"You can get it this afternoon."

"Nice! I'll drop by later to take it."

"Cool. We'll see you in a few hours, Miss Manoban. I hope she'll like it."

Lisa smiles. "I hope the same thing too."

Lisa ends the call and dials another one. "Hey, Good Morning. How's the arrangement going?"

"We've got the perfect combination for the event, Miss Manoban."

"You never disappoint me, Missus French."

The old woman chuckles. "Still the same old cheeky you." Both of them chuckle this time. "You can pick it up today. Sorry we couldn't have it delivered." she added. 

"It's okay, I know you guys are busy! I'll drop by this afternoon. Thank you, Jane."

"It's a pleasure, Lisa. I hope she likes it."

"Cross fingers, Jane."

"Let us know the answer, yeah?"

Lisa smiles dreamily. "Definitely will."

As soon as the call ended, Lisa dials the last number she needs to dial before starting her day by hitting their home gym. "Did I disturb you?"

"Nope, I just got home honestly so it's a perfect time to call. How is it going?"

Lisa beams, although no one could see it but the panting Kuma who just got inside after literally chasing a bird. "It's doing well. I'm getting all the stuffs later."

"Nice." There was a brief pause. "Are you sure with this?"

Lisa looks up at the framed picture of her and Jennie when they visited Thailand couple of years ago and smiles. "I've never been so sure my entire life until today."

"Despite..."

Lisa cuts her off. "Despite of what's currently happening and what would happen."

"I'm proud of you buddy."

"Thanks, Chaeng."

"Good luck later. Let us know, aite?"

"Yes I will, mate."

Chaeyoung chuckles. "Bye."

 


Lisa then proceeds to start her day. Hit the gym for at least two hours before preparing her late lunch. She made sure that Kuma had new set of water and his food before she bids him goodbye.

Jennie will be home in less than 3 hours as a result of having her shift start very early this morning and she needs to get things ready before that. Although nervous, Lisa is determined to do it today.

But out of all days, Lisa had another of unfortunate event, she got one of car tires punctured when she was on the way to get the last piece of her surprise so she had no choice but to call in a mechanic company to get it fixed.

 

Lisa was standing outside her car with her phone against her ear, and immediately greets the person who answered her call. "Hey."

"Hey Lis! What's up?"

"Do you have any mechanic available? I need a little tweak. I think I got my car punctured in the middle of the road."

"Uh.. wait. Hold on a sec." he says and was silent for about 20 seconds before he came back and sighs. "Unfortunately no, all my guys are pretty much loaded but I'll head there. Send me your location, I'll be there as fast as I could."

"Nice. I'm probably just 13 minutes away from your shop."

"Cool, I'll get my stuffs first."

"Okay! Thanks Scott."

"Always welcome, mate."

 


And Lisa's waiting game started. She only has less than an hour and a half left. She needs to be home before Jennie does because one, she needs to hide all of her surprise and second, she didn't really tell Jennie that she's heading out — don't get her wrong, it's all connected to the surprise.

When Scott arrives, the repair took longer than the usual because it's not just the tire that was punctured but the rim of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter