XIII. Forgotten Promise

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 3 days since Lisa and the entire casts and crew of the theater show flew to their first stop of their Asia Tour and all Jennie heard from then were how they had sold out their first 2 shows in 2 consecutive nights. 

Jennie read multiple news and headlines about it, Australia seemed to be head over heels with this project as they literally have reporters from different Australian news companies assigned to follow them all throughout the tour.

She also had her relatives screaming and literally fangirling over the show and her girlfriend in her ear an hour after the final show in Seoul ended — gone all concerns whether they, once again, ditched it or had cold feet again before even facing the actress. 

The last time Jennie received a call from Lisa was an hour ago — their time difference isn't that much anyway, Australia is just an hour ahead of Seoul — only to tell Jennie about how much she needed a nice sleep because at that moment, they are boarding a train heading towards Busan with only 4 hours of sleep. Without really having much rest plus a short press conference, the 2-night Busan shows will kick off later today. 

When Jennie saw the show schedule for 5 weeks, she had to double up all the vitamins Lisa had to carry all throughout. It is indeed the most hectic part of their world tour, barely having enough rest from traveling from one stop to another. Jennie never miss a day in telling Lisa to eat on time, no matter how tired she is — she knows Lisa from head to toe, the woman will definitely choose sleep over food, going to slumber with an empty stomach is not an option this time considering their schedule timeline.

Few hours after, Jennie just got home after a long shift — exhausted and totally drained — she turns the television on and instantly smiles upon seeing the face of her lover sitting across the long table for their live press conference. Although it was just short, Jennie's phone immediately rings a few moments after.


"Hi. Are you home?" Lisa chirps as soon as Jennie answers the phone.

"Yeah, saw the press con by the way." heading towards the kitchen to take a glass of water.

Jennie heard shuffles and ruffles on the other line before Lisa speaks. "Please don't tell me I look like a total wreck."

A chuckle. "You don't. You look fine to me."

"Just fine?"

Jennie had to roll her eyes. "Here we go again, you look gorgeous." in a playful sarcasm tone.

Lisa had to chuckle. "Much better. Have you eaten?"

"Not yet but I'll whip something later. I'm exhausted as hell. All I did today were to assist scheduled operations and I feel like it my entire soul."

"Aw baby, I'm sorry I couldn't be here to hold you."

Maybe because of exhaustion, lack of sleep and no food in her stomach, Lisa's voice immediately made Jennie sad. "I know."

Lisa must've noticed the gloom in Jennie's voice that the younger changed her tone of voice into rather chirpy one, trying to lift up the mood. "Just a little more baby. I'll be home soon." but before Jennie could answer, she hears voices in the background before Lisa came back and says. "I need to go. I'll text you after the show, okay? If you're still by any chance awake that time, tell me and I'll call."

As if Jennie could say 'Please no, come home. I need you.', she doesn't have a choice and also, that would be totally selfish. So she forced a smile — although Lisa won't be able to see it and says. "Okay, break a leg, love."

"Sure will. I love you."

At this point, it's what Jennie is holding on, their love for one another. "I love you too."

 


****

 


Another night of another successful theatrical show right at the heart of Busan, all the casts are lined up on the stage to do a final bow towards the crowd that gave them a standing ovation.

As the thick red velvety curtain had shut off, claps and cheers from each cast and crew filled the stage as they head out towards the dressing rooms. They still have to do a short meet and greet with the VIP guests who obtained back stage passes before they could finally wrap up and head to their hotels to get some sleep.

As soon as the last guest exited the dressing room, Lisa went straight to the long dresser so their make up artists could clean them up. Hand grabbing her phone, it's already 10 o'clock in the evening — which means it's already 11 in Australia and she doesn't really want to trouble nor wake her girlfriend up. So instead of calling right away, she sent a text — just as she promised.

But Lisa didn't receive any reply after half an hour. Knowing that Jennie might have already fallen asleep, she sends yet another text of 'I hope you ate something before you sleep. Anyway, we are now heading to the hotel. Sleep well, love. I love you.'

 

"Hey, Lis!"

Lisa stops from talking with her manager before turning her head towards the source. "How many red bulls did you snack out, Jackson?"

"Huh?" says the man as he stops when he's near her.

Lisa had to roll her eyes. "You're so damn energetic and here I am feeling ."

That made Jackson chuckle, on the other hand, Lisa's manager carries a bag filled with her stuffs — ready to leave. "I probably had three. Anyway, Yubi wanted to grab something to eat first before heading back to the hotel. Wanna tag?"

Lisa had several energy bar earlier before the show and that honestly made her feel like she's still full, besides, her body is really seeking for bed right now. "Thanks but I'll raincheck. I barely had any sleep last night."

"Oh bummer. Okay then. I'll see you tomorro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter