XII. Trust

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) : Loving the comments, thank you! 🙏🏼 keep your theories from coming. The storm is slowly gearing up 😉

 

***

 

"Hey, sorry I was late. Got held up in the lab." Jisoo says right after giving Jennie a brief hug and sits right across the dazed and frowning Jennie in a café nearby Jisoo's office laboratory.

Jennie decided not to go home just yet, her mind says two things : One is to confront Lisa about her unfaithful meeting with Julio but the possibility of them having a misunderstanding on the very last day of her break before she goes off and away from her for weeks is too huge and she can't do that. The last thing she wants right now is an argument.

And two, is to meet up with their friends to let off some steam and clear her mind before going back home. She texted Lisa awhile ago though, informing her that she'll be meeting up with Jisoo and Chaeyoung for a quick breakfast — she could just easily tell her she's extending an hour or few in her shift because one of her colleagues will be late but her conscience will not let her sit right if she had ever lied.

So she settles for the second option.


"You're just late for 5 minutes, Jisoo." Jennie paused for a while and looked at the door when it chimed, welcoming Chaeyoung in the place.

Jisoo raised her hand and motioned her to come over and she did. The youngest among the three greeted Jisoo and Jennie a brief hug before sitting right beside Jisoo.

"Sorry, had to settle some things before coming here. What's up?" Chaeyoung chimes before she continues. "Have you guys ordered?" 

"Not yet."

"Then let's order first before anything else."

 

And they did, once their orders are all tabbed in, Jisoo diverts her attention back to Jennie. "You seem to have too much air inside your lungs. What's up with the all sighing?"

Jennie looks at them and sighs again, this time it was almost just a normal exhale but seeing how her chest had gone up to its limit, the duo across her know the soon-to-be doctor is troubled. "What's wrong?"

"I met Julio earlier." she started gaining silent replies from the other two, urging her to continue. "He visit Wendy's sister who just gave birth." Jennie stops, she doesn't know where to start honestly — too many things are catapulting its way inside her mind.

 

Jisoo observes her friend — she noticed how Jennie's eyes couldn't somehow stop from going left to right, her forehead is slowly creasing and the constant silent air puffs — it's been such a long time she had seen this side of her, maybe because of her chosen career path, staying focused and calm at all times is required.

 

Finding her bestfriend unable to talk for good minute, she interjects. "What did he say?"

Jennie looks up at Jisoo and silently thanking her for doing so. "He says something about looking out or taking care of Lisa during the tour." her jaws started clenching again, the sudden urge of anger has been once again welcomed in her system.

That statement made Chaeyoung frown. "He says what? Hang on, that doesn't make sense."

"Sure does." It's from Jisoo.

"Huh?" Chaeyoung and Jennie are now looking at Jisoo.

Their talk was cut briefly cut short when their orders soon came in one by one. After thanking the server, Jisoo continues. "All three of us know how they ended their relationship. It's not like they fell out of love."

Jennie gulps, Jisoo is right. "It all comes down to the fact that he let Lisa go." Chaeyoung replies.

"Because he had no choice." Jisoo's eyes never left Jennie's, no matter how it is to hear, Jisoo is right.

"Unnie.." Chaeyoung warns Jisoo.

Jisoo just shrugs. "At times like this, you have to consider things out, Jennie. You need to talk to Lisa about this." taking a bite out from her food.

 

Jennie unconsciously starts poking her food. Jisoo is right but her mind is telling her it doesn't make sense. Yes, their relationship didn't really end because one of them fell out of love — it ended because she fell in love with Lisa, it ended because she asked for a chance. But then, Lisa came back to her because she loves her too. It's not like she had forced Lisa to do so, right? Right.

Jisoo on the other hand continues to eat. She doesn't want to be a total kill joy but her instincts are telling her otherwise, it's telling her to let Jennie consider some options and weigh things out. No matter how much of a good guy Julio is to her eyes, a person who was hurt and broken could do anything to get what he has to get back.

Chaeyoung remains silent whilst eating her own food. She doesn't like the way how Jisoo becomes a pessimist in this whole scenario but she knows the oldest makes sense. Not wanting to trouble Jennie's mind even more, she decided to zip up .

 

With a sigh, Jennie says. "Alright. I'll talk to her about this."

"Took you long, just make her understand the situation." Jisoo replies, receiving a nod from Jennie. 

"Now that it's decided, can I have some of your pasta, Jisoo unnie?" as Chaeyoung's fork hovers near Jisoo's plate.

Jisoo swats the fork away. "Yah! Order your own food. I'm hungry!"

"Psh, stingy."

Jenni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter