XXII. Unaware

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) : Apologies if this chapter took so long. Encountered another short writer's block after all the things that is happening right now. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the chapter.

Also, TAGGED AND SECURED will be put on hold until I'm able to finish this Book. We're just a couple of chapters away :((

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

The next couple of weeks came by pretty quickly, with media pack press conferences and sold out shows — Lisa and the rest of the crew are now on its final week with only one city left in their Europe Tour. One city, three shows.

 

Lisa had also noticed the drastic change of her mood whenever she's alone or in a large venue environment. She's much more confident going out alone without worrying of getting another episode of her panic attacks, she couldn't even remember the last time she had one. 

 

Lisa knew that all these improvements occured soon after she dedicates at least 2 hours per day of her time to hit the gym to get her stress and sweat out. The exercise did not only improve her mental health but also it toned her body up pretty nicely. Her abdominal muscles are more distinct and refined now by having an "eleven" line instead of the "six" packs. Her arms and legs are pretty shaped up too, her stamina and agility also improved and almost all the people she's constantly spending her time with everyday noticed it too.

 

She posted a photo once in one of her social media accounts after months of not posting anything and it resulted to multiple online news article complimenting her current body shape. Men and women are everywhere in her comments section which was filled with praises, sudden marriage proposal and a lot more in between. It just made Lisa laugh though until a jealous Jennie called after her review classes to vent out her jealousy. All Lisa did was to ease her fuming and jealous girlfriend down, it was cute but her ears were ringing. 

 

Lisa feels good both physically and emotionally which catapults her mental stability to sky high. Lisa has a weekly consultation through either phone or video call with her psychiatrist back in Melbourne and she got praises so far, for doing a great job to keep herself healthy and active which definitely boosts up her confidence and lessen her anxiety.

 

There's no one more grateful to hear it but Lisa herself. 

 

Two hours had passed, half and hour in the shower room — Lisa went out to get dressed when her phone went off for an incoming video call. Still clad in bathrobe, she goes straight to where her phone is and immediately smiles soon after seeing the display name of the caller.

 

 

 

 

"Hi." Lisa greets to a yawning Jennie who obviously just woke up. "Good Morning." she adds.

 

Jennie smiles whilst squinting her eyes. "Good Morning. Oh wait, Good Evening."

 

 

 

The sight of the drowsy, hair dishevelled and puffy morning eyed Jennie always makes her heart melt. Jennie always wanted to look presentable and decent to any type of activity she has to do but Lisa is the only exception — it took several months of convincing and coaxing from Lisa for this to happen though.

 

 

 

Jennie adjusts her vision by doing several blinks and a squint that followed before she says. "Oh, you just came out of shower. Go get dressed first."

 

"You called in the moment I stepped my foot out of the bathroom, honestly." she chuckles. "I'll be right back."

 

Lisa received a hum as a reply followed by a groan whilst stretching. Lisa immediately drops the phone onto the mattress to dress up quickly. Once done, she grabs the phone again whilst hanging the robe and towel into an open cabinet. "What time is it there?"

 

Jennie turns a bit to look at the digital clock on the wall. "7:52 o'clock."

 

"You woke up pretty early when it's weekend, no review."

 

Jennie grabs a pillow and let it rest on her chest, is slightly being hidden behind it and Lisa almost squealed at how adorable the view is, she ended up smiling widely. "I don't know, I woke up pretty early but I'll probably head back to sleep in a bit."

 

"Okay, get some brekky first though."

 

"In a bit. Have you had dinner? Where have you been by the way?"

 

Lisa turns the bedside lamp on before shutting the bedroom lights off. Once laid down, she replies. "Yes I had and I just had a quick gym time."

 

"Oh, you've been hitting the gym everyday lately. What's up?"

 

Lisa shrugs, she's not going to tell her the main reason. "Just want to get fit."

 

Jennie mischievously squints her eyes. "That sounded y."

 

Lisa had to laugh at that. "Oh dear love, we're miles apart so please spare me the teasing and do it once I'm home."

 

"You bet. Let's see how being 'fit' changed you."

 

"More stamina."

 

Jennie playfully whistles. "Oh, is that so, Manoban?"

 

Lisa winks. "I'll prove it in a week."

 

"Oh-kay! Let's stop this talk it's still so early in the morning." Jennie rests her chin on the pillow before pouting.

 

Lisa laughs at that. "You started it."

 

"And I'm ending it."

 

 

Both of them started to grin for a moment until Jennie heard a knock on her door. Lisa calculates the time and it's about 8 o'clock in the morning, that must've been one of Jennie's flatmates. The soon to be licensed doctor briefly excused herself to go get the door open to see who it was. Jennie mentioned somewhat a few weeks ago about her daily routine before classes and on weekends, it includes eating breakfast with her flatmates around the same time as of the moment.

 

 

"Let me guess, Krystal?" Lisa says once Jennie had plopped herself back on the bed whilst grabbing her phone in the process.

 

"Yeah, they wanted to get some brunch with the others at McDonald's." she silently grumbled. 

 

Lisa chuckles, Lisa knows how much Jennie dislikes getting fastfood meals in the morning. "Why don't you just suggest somewhere else?"

 

Jennie sighs. "Majority wins, unfortunately."

 

"Try suggesting again but if they really want to stuff their faces with fatty food then you have no choice." Lisa grins before continuing. "You can always order something less alarming."

 

Jennie rolls to be on her stomach, letting her phone rest against the side of the pillow. "I'll probably do that. Anyway, what time is your flight tomorrow?"

 

"10:30 o'clock. One last city." Lisa smiles rather widely which also made Jennie mirror it. One more week and they'll be in each others arms once again.

 

"Yes. Finally."

 

Lisa nods when she remembers something. "Have you asked the review center's director if you could move out for nine days?"

 

Jennie nods. "I have and good news, they said yes. I just have to make sure I won't be late."

 

"How about bad news?" 

 

"None."

 

"Nice! Don't worry, I'll drive you there every morning."

 

"So you're turning into my driver again?"

 

"Uh-huh, a driver and a lover." A silence before both of them cringe. "Oh God, yikes. That was so bad. I'll never do it again."

 

 

They continued to talk about literally almost anything they could think of, basically catching up from the things they weren't able to discuss. Lisa was the one who decided to end the conversation after seeing the time. Jennie needs to eat and also, Lisa doesn't want Jennie's friends to wait for too long if their call would take up much longer.

 

They bid goodbyes and I love yous before one goes inside the shower to freshen up while the other one goes straight to her dreamland after an exhausting day.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, am I late?" Jennie asks while fixing the hem of her loose button shirt.

 

Krystal shakes her head. "Nope, you're just in time. The others are already on their way."

 

 

 

 

Just in time for her finish up fixing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter