XVI. Airport

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) : double update because I'm in the mood to write :) Enjoy. Leave your thoughts in the comment section.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"No! Let go of me!" a whimper, a stuggle.

 

"Hey hey. It's okay, it's just a dream."

 

 

Her body slowly calms down from the sudden high but her chest kept heaving unevenly, a tear rolled down while her eyes are still shut with eyebrows creasing. The other person in the room clenched his jaws after seeing that. All he could do is wipe the tear away and let her be at ease before he leaves the room.

 

It's been 3 hours since Lisa collapsed and she'd been getting constant nightmares in between. Good thing he followed his instincts and went down to Lisa's floor after he got off the elevator 8 floors above Lisa's. If he didn't, he would not forgive himself if something happened to her, after all, it was his promise to the person Lisa will be going home to in a few hours.

 

 

"It's okay. It's just a dream. Shhh." He says as he pulls her cover up to her neck.

 

 

And Julio never breaks a promise.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Lisa was woken up by a loud buzz, she's not sure what was that but she swears to smash it somewhere if she'd ever get a hold of it. The buzz continues and she's left with no choice but to open her eyes, instantly regretting it as the light that comes through totally hammered her head.

 

Once the rest of her senses caught up, she realized that is dry, her body hurt especially her arm. Her arm, that's when the series of flashback came straight to her which made her body jolt — ignoring how that movement brought her an excruciating headache — as she takes a sit.

 

The first thing she did was to look under the sheet and sighs in relief when she's still wearing the clothes she had wore yesterday. Her eyes then travelled around the room and noticed it was not the room she had checked in yesterday but she has her suitcase at the corner. The loud buzz came back only for her to realize that it was her phone's alarm. She grabbed it from the nearby nightstand to turn it off.

 

 

6:23 o'clock in the morning.

 

 

She also saw an unopened water bottle, a pill and small piece of paper beside it. She takes the paper and reads what it says.

 

 

 

"Good Morning. The pill is for hangover and in case you're wondering, this is not your room. I booked you in into a different room and different floor. Also brought your suitcase in so you don't have to go back to the other room. I told your manager about the move to give him a heads up but I didn't tell him the reason, I'll leave it up to you. I am sorry you had to go through that but I promise, that son of a will never get a chance to go near you again. Have a safe flight home. — JJJ"

 

 

 

After reading that, Lisa's chest suddenly tightens after remembering what happened. Her heart starts beating so fast and it's getting harder for her to breathe. She felt betrayed, very betrayed. 

 

 

She trusted Jackson because she thought she could.

 

Because Jackson lost his fiancée 2 years ago, so she thought he could never do any harm to her.

 

Because Jackson she knew was nothing close to what he was last night.

 

 

 

If Julio didn't show up.. she doesn't want to even think of the possible consequences she had to deal with throughout the night. Lisa is trying to hold in her cries when she heard her phone ring.

 

All her worries, sadness, fear and anger flushed out when she saw the caller ID. She hurriedly answers the phone after taking in deep breaths.

 

 

 

"Hi, I hope I didn't wake you up." she almost teared up just by hearing her voice. "I'm sorry for not answering your calls and texts. It was crazy here. We had to assist emergency surgeries because of a huge and messy car accident last night."

 

Lisa heard muffled conversation in the background before Jennie goes back. "How are you?"

 

Lisa swallowed a lump in . "You did not and it's fine. I'll be home in a few hours."

 

"And I can't wait! I'll be off shift in 3 hours too. How was the party last night? Did you get super drunk?"

 

Another silent deep breath and a lump swallowed. "It was fun. I accidentally drank like 2 glasses of juice with a punch after 3 shots of I think, vodka."

 

She heard Jennie laugh. "Oh dear, hangover?"

 

"You bet. But I have pills for that." Lisa goes quiet for good seconds before she says. "I miss you."

 

"I miss you too but just a few more hours, love. I'm just glad you're going back home, safe and healthy."

 

 

Lisa couldn't hold it anymore and starts crying. The amount of anxiety, relief and longing came in one go and she just wanted to cry it out, everything was just too overwhelming.

 

 

"Hey. Are you crying? Why are you crying?" worry in her tone was very audible.

 

Lisa wasn't able to answer right away and Jennie silently and patiently waits. A sniff and a sigh. "Nothing, I just miss you terribly. I can't wait to be in your arms again."

 

"Aw baby, me too. Just a little bit more. Please don't cry, I might end up crying here and they might think I had a brain damage or something after that surgery." both of them shared a good laugh at that.

 

 

 

Lisa doesn't have the heart to tell Jennie just yet, she's not ready and she'll only tell her what happened when she's emotionally stabled. She'll tell everything to her manager though to get this fixed behind closed doors. Once the word comes out to the media, Jackson will not only lose a job but may face possible trial for ual assault and she knows that their agency will not let it go easily.

 

Jackson is still recovering from the huge dip o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter