VIII. Past and Present

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days had passed by and it's finally the day of the first leg of a long roadshow for "The Aladdin" theater play. Press conference went smoothly as planned so did their one rest day for the entire casts.

 

Lisa spent her own at home, getting all necessary rest she could get while Jennie had to be at the hospital to do another 28 hour shift as part of her residency requirement hours - just a little more months and she'll finish her residency and finally take a licensure exam.

 

It's a little over 5 o'clock in the morning when Lisa had finally woken up - her schedule for the day would start at 8 o'clock sharp to get all the necessities done for the show.

 

Lisa is only expecting to see Jennie in the venue which starts at 5 o'clock in the afternoon due to the latter's hectic hospital schedules - she'll be coming along with Jisoo, Rosé and their other college friends - until she smells and hears someone cooking in the kitchen.

 

With dishevelled hair and half lidded eyes, Lisa groggily heads straight to the kitchen only to see plates of breakfast feast on the bar counter with Jennie still in her hospital outfit with an apron on - if this isn't the cutest, heart-warming and beautiful sight then someone could be blind.

 

 

Wrapping her arms around the latter's waist from behind which caused a slight yelp and short complains for scaring her, Lisa says. "Good Morning." and lands a small kiss on Jennie's shoulder before resting her cheek on it - ready to succumb back to sleep.

Jennie had to chuckle, she'll never get used to this. "Wake up, sleepyhead. It's time for you to take your breakfast before getting ready."

"5 more minutes please." she says, eyes now closed.

"Then go to the couch. I'll wake you up once everything is done." Jennie says before checking the batter in the waffle maker.

Lisa didn't respond and remains clinging onto Jennie which leaves the latter to just smile and resumes cooking with a smile across her face.

It didn't take her long enough to finish the last batch of the waffle, she pats Lisa's arms around her waist and says. "Food is ready. Go to bar stool, we'll just eat there."

Lisa only hums in response but remains clinging onto her like a koala on a bamboo. Jennie reaches out on her back to gently ruffle Lisa's now brunette hair as she says. "Come on, let's eat so you could at least have a little time for a quick nap before the show."

Remembering something, Lisa lifts her head quite a bit just to see Jennie's features. "Which reminds me. Aren't you supposed to be on shift today?"

Jennie slight turns her head just so she could answer the incoming short peck of the younger. "Yes I am and there are 3 of us on shift so I came home to prep your breakfast. It won't take long though, I need to get back before 8. We have scheduled surgery."

"I see."

The breakfast went on smoothly with casual talks, playful banters and casual kisses along the way until it's about 6 o'clock.

"I gotta go, still have a long drive and you will have to get ready." Jennie says whilst patting Lisa's cheek, they're now both cuddling on the couch.

Lisa groans. "Just when we were getting comfortable." she grumbles in protest.

 

Jennie chuckles, she's used to this. Lisa throwing tantrums a few hours before a play is normal. She found out that it's one of the Lisa's ways on getting rid of nervousness and cold feet. Despite the multiple shows Lisa has been part with, this attitude never disappears - probably one of the main reasons why she's going up, she always thinks that every play is her debut play, she has to do and show her best.

 

"I'll be there before you know it, promise." Jennie says, leaning in to land a kiss on Lisa's lips.
 

It was intended to be quick and innocent but it took a full turn when Lisa grabs her face to deepen the kiss. From innocent tugs to needy pulls, from slow touches to elated - the ambiance went to a full haywire.

 

Lisa's cold hands landing on Jennie's neck forced the latter to grab her consciousness back - they need to prepare no matter how much she wants it.

 

With so, Jennie slowly pushes Lisa's body. "Baby, not today. You have a show and I have surgery to attend to."

Lisa leans in once again for a kiss. "This won't take long."

Jennie looks away whilst smiling. "Babe. We both know you ain't into quickie. Let's have th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter