XXVI. Results

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) : Trigger Warning — Up to you. LOL

 

 

 

****

 

Refresh.

 

Another refresh.

 

A couple both biting their lower lips while waiting for the screen to show something after the nth time of refreshing. It's the fourth day since the Medicine Licensure Exam, Lisa and Jennie are both sitting in front of a laptop inside the hotel room in Sydney — the first stop of the encore show.

 

Honestly, none of them could get a proper sleep. Jennie's anxiousness somehow had rubbed off towards her girlfriend that literally made the latter sleep for only like two hours. Good thing the encore will officially start tomorrow or else she's not sure if she'll be in a perfect condition to even perform properly.

 

 

"Is it out?" Jennie ask, her body is now turning away from the laptop screen and just letting Lisa see if first. She's beyond nervous and don't have the nerve or guts to see the results together with Lisa.

 

"Hang on..." Lisa mutters until the page finally reloads and the list of passers showed up. "Oh my God. It's here!"

 

 

 

And by that, Jennie automatically trembles. Her hands are a bit sweaty but still tightly holding onto the hem of Lisa's shirt. If it's not because of the current situation, Lisa would've pinched her cheeks all while telling her she's being adorable on top of being clingy.

 

Seconds seemed like hours, Lisa had been muttering something like "Kim" but Jennie is not really comprehending that quite well, too anxious to even think straight. She's confident of her answers though but not too much to herself. It's always like that and it's always been Lisa who brings her back to her senses and boosts up her confidence.

 

 

 

"Oh my God!" Lisa squeaked and Jennie finds herself being engulfed in a very tight hug milliseconds after.

 

"Baby! You passed! You passed!"

 

 

 

That somehow didn't register quite easily and quickly to Jennie that Lisa had to repeat it again after breaking their hug — Lisa's hands are gently holding onto Jennie's arms.

 

 

 

"You did not just pass, you aced it love! You're the Top 2 of this year's Medicine Exam!"

 

 

 

Jennie automatically felt like her world is about to collapse, her vision is a bit swirling and blurry that if it's not because of Lisa's thumbs wiping her cheeks, she would not have any idea she's actually crying.

 

 

 

"Congratulations, Love! You did it!"

 

"I.. I passed?"

 

Lisa nods, smiling from ear to ear. "Yes! You did!"

 

 

 

And just that — seeing Lisa smile, she's finally able to comprehend the situation. She passed, she's now officially a Licensed Doctor. Jennie immediately engulfed Lisa into a tight hug and honestly, it's a mess because she's crying.

 

A cry of happiness.

 

A cry of relief.

 

Both of their phones immediately started ringing, Jennie's parents are calling so as Lisa's.

 

 

 

"I guess they already know." Lisa mutters while caressing the back of her still crying girlfriend while landing few comforting kisses on top of her head.

 

The ringing ended for a few seconds before it went off again which made Lisa chuckle. "Let's answer them first, okay?"

 

 

 

Jennie nods but refused to let go of Lisa's body. Lisa doesn't mind though so she reached out for both of their phones and hand Jennie hers before they both answered their phones with smiling faces and still emotionally overwhelmed Jennie.

 

After the phone call with their parents, Jisoo and Chaeyoung called them right after to congratulate Jennie. Both promised to have a celebration with them right after Jennie's oath taking, they promised to be there as Jennie finally takes another step forward into the field of medicine.

 

 

News came out shortly in both internet and television, announcing the number of passers and the Top Notchers of the exam — Jennie is just 0.23% behind the Top 1 of the batch. Jennie's SNS soon got flooded with congratulatory messages especially after Lisa posted a candid photo of Jennie being on the phone with her parents while facing the laptop that displayed her name and her score.

 

Lisa's phone finally stopped ringing but Jennie's is still on going. From friends and review mates, all of them had either short calls or video calls and Lisa was just there, watching her lover finally being a licensed doctor — feeling very proud and the admiration just grows stronger.

 

 

 

After almost an hour, Jennie's phone finally went silent but the new doctor remains seated in front of the laptop while trying to let everything sink in. Lisa approached her  once again to give her a soft peck on her cheek as she sits right beside her.

 

 

"Hey Doc, Congratulations." she playfully says.

 

Jennie chuckles and turns her head only to be welcomed by the same loving smile from Lisa. "Thank you. I still can't believe it."

 

Lisa then reaches out to hold on of Jennie's hands. "That's okay. It'll sink in sooner. You finally made it, love."

 

 

Jennie stares down at their joined hands, smiling. From having a supportive lover she had been praying about to finally being a licensed doctor, yes.. she finally made it.

 

She looks back up to meet the gaze. "Thank you for always being there. You made all these possible by always being supportive and understanding. Thank you, Lili."

 

Lisa smiles. "No problem. I'll always be here for you, Nini."

 

"Promise?"

 

Lisa is still smiling. "I promise."

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Time flies really fast, Lisa and the rest of the crew are finally down to the last show of the encore in Melbourne. This time, Lisa's parents are around, Jisoo and Chaeyoung are there too because Jennie just had her oath taking yesterday — they fulfilled their promise.

 

Jennie's parents both couldn't watch the last show as both surgeons had surgeries on the same exact hour of the final schedule  but they did send flowers to the actress and a quick voice call an hour before the show and the operations.

 

The show ended smoothly, all the artists lined up on the stage as a huge standing ovation welcomed their act. Flashes of cameras from different types of people — from just pure fans, media and families of the artists. They all thanked everyone for supporting the show and officially announced the end of the long tour. They all bowed and headed straight to the dressing rooms.

 

It's an emotional scene to be honest, everyone had been through so much over the course of time and just got attached to one another. It's normal though, but doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when they bid goodbyes. They are all just so used to having each other almost on a daily basis.

 

But before they would officially part ways, the directors of the show rented the same high-class bar all night for their after party. All the staffs, artists and their families are invited to the final gathering.

 

 

Lisa's parents once again had to bid an early goodbye to their daughter, they just cancelled their event that day and the next just to watch their daughter perform and Lisa understands. She's already beyond satisfied to see her parents there in flesh.

 

She also promised them that she'll be visiting Thailand soon for a vacation. Lisa plans to have a long sabbatical to help her body recover and her mind to relax. She also plans to spend the rest of the week with Jennie before the latter starts working once again. This time, as an attending physician in their family's hospital.

 

 

"You guys comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter