VII. Couldn't Forget

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things had been extra tight for the young theater actress sensation as the official kick off of the roadshow will be just one week away - 7 days of multiple dry runs which are the most crucial and hectic days of the rehearsals on every theater shows and press conference.

 

Due to such inevitable circumstances, Lisa practically hogs and sleeps in her van when the schedule of the next practice will just be a little under 8 hours apart from the time they were dismissed.

 

Jennie and Lisa had talked about this and it took several days before Jennie agreed. On the practice physician's defense, Lisa may not be able to sleep properly but honestly, deep down inside her - she's grown anxious everytime Lisa gets out of the house for practice because of none other than, Julio.

 

Lisa still hasn't mentioned anything about Julio just yet and Jennie's not pleased about it because why would Lisa even hide this to her? Don't get her wrong nor blame her if she'll be sending someone to take a peek during the practices.

 

It's not that she doesn't trust her girlfriend, she doesn't trust the man because after all, this is the same person that fell so deeply in love with her girlfriend, the same person that let Lisa go despite how madly in love he was towards her just for the sake of making Lisa happy - talk about selfless - and the same person who once said that if things would go wrong between them, he would never hesitate to make a move.

 

Or maybe the man had finally moved on, after all it has been years since then however her gut feelings are telling her the opposite. Or she's probably just paranoid but who could blame her? Julio is too good to be true.

 

Jennie just finished another round and stays inside her office when her phone went off for an incoming video call. She spares a quick glance towards the analog wall clock, 8 o'clock in the evening, it says. Wondering who would be calling her, Jennie grabs her phone only to smile after seeing the name the flashes through her phone's screen.

 

 

"Hello there, how's the weather?" she stifles a snicker at the current state of none other than Lisa.

Lisa frowns. "Hi and.." Lisa looks outside to check the skies before looking back at her screen. "..weather is nice, why?"

"Then why do you look like you just had a wind battle?"

"What are yo- hey!" Lisa says with a pout as the front camera is now facing the ceiling of the car while Jennie laughs on the other side.

Once done fixing her disheveled hair, she picks the phone up again with now much more presentable look. "Stop now." Lisa pouts which shortly changes into a smile after hearing her lover's laughs.

Panting hardly, Jennie wipes off the tear that's threatening to get out of her eyes. "Oh dear that was so funny."

Lisa just playfully rolls her eyes before saying. "Have you had dinner?"

Jennie is still chuckling while recovering from earlier's chaos as she answers. "I will in a bit. I'm waiting for Ms. Niki to clock in so I could endorse and have my dinner. You? This is so unusual for you to call at this hour. Had an early break?"

Lisa nods after telling Jennie to stop chuckling and get herself together. "You can somehow say that. After 4 days of tight schedules, they are giving us "breather" while the final day is getting closer."

"That's nice, you all need to get proper rest before the play or else fatigue will consume everything you had practice."

Lisa nods. "That is true which is why we have one free time a day before the play."

"Oh? Itinerary?" Jennie asks.

Lisa grabs her tablet to relay their upcoming schedules to Jennie. "Well tomorrow is our last day of our practice which falls under the 5th day of our last week before the show, 6th day will be the press conference which is making me nervous - this is probably the biggest gathering of media outlets from all over the world in my career so far - and 7th day will be Jennie day." Lisa casually says as she places the tablet beside her and received a shy yet wide smile from the practitioner.

"You really have so many ways to make me want to kiss you right now."

Lisa playfully shrugs. "Just being honest here, miss."

'Being honest, are you really?' Jennie thought without letting her expressions falter. "I know now what time are you gonna be home today?"

"Hm. Not sure, but most probably a little over 5 in the morning."

"Good, my shift ends at 5 in the morning so more or less I'll be home before 6."

Lisa's face literally breaks into beam and says. "Did you bring your car?"

"Uh yes, why?"

"Perfect. Will drop by the hospital and I'll drive us home."

"Huh? Lisa, your practice stadium is literally on the west side of the city and I'm on the east part. You'll get here after 30 to 45 minutes travel and our drive back home will be another 30 minutes if traffic won't be too tight that time. I don't want you to get so tired after a long practice."

Lisa just smiles and winks. "You know I won't take no as an answer, yes?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter