V. Competitor & Confusion

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first two weeks of the rehearsals were a bit bearable considering that Lisa could still somehow makes time in sending and fetching Jennie to and from work whenever the director sets them go early or if Jennie's time in is a bit earlier than hers. Lisa is taking advantage to all of these because she knows that when their practice would approach the part of the story, late and early practices are going to happen.

 

As fate directs, Lisa had never seen Julio for two weeks. The other staff says that the other production crews are set to cover the rehearsals when it would be a week before the live show although one videographer had been filming them ever since day one, probably for the behind the scenes footage.

 

The following week is starting to be a living hell for Lisa, their rehearsals are getting tougher and straining, she goes home really late only to find either a sleeping Jennie or an empty house because Jennie had left for work. Two of the things that compensates them from their hectic schedules are text messages and calls because after all, communication is going to be the knot that ties them together.

 

There's no denying that Lisa misses Jennie, her text messages whenever she's on break and sudden uploads on her social media showed it all since they weren't able to see each other for 3 days due to their overlapping schedules. Jennie came home but Lisa was at work and Lisa came home but Jennie had already left for work.

 

On the third day, Lisa comes home into an empty house as usual. She got home early in the morning around 5 o'clock, went straight to their bedroom and found a yellow sticky note on the pillow.

 

"Hi. I've prepared breakfast for you since I woke up early today. Just heat it up and don't be grumpy, this will pass. I miss you and I love you. - Your Nini."

 

Just by that, her exhaustion disappears, her happiness resurfaces and her longing intensifies. She takes a picture of it and showed it off to the world how happy and lucky she is. She texted Jennie about it and ending it with "I love and miss you." before she takes a shower.

 

Lisa had been really grumpy the past few days. Chaeyoung once visited her in their practice room when she happened to visit one of their company talents who was having a little fan meet and greet event in the same building only to see a sulking Lisa outside the auditorium while looking at her phone which she later on found out that Jennie hadn't replied to her texts and voice mails. To Jennie's defense, she was assisting a ten hour operation.

 

Jisoo purposely dropped by to visit her friend just to find another episode of Lisa frowning at her phone because Jennie didn't answer her texts, voice mails and calls - this time, Jennie passed out in their bed after a very tiring and busy schedule and rounds at the hospital.

 

The next and final episode of this was witnessed by Jennie herself. Not personally though because of their overlapping schedules but through texts and social media. Lisa didn't reply to any of her messages and left it on read status for hours. She thought that maybe Lisa wasn't able to do so because she was called for practice before she could even reply but when she saw Jackson's upload on Instagram with Lisa just scanning through her phone while they're on rehearsal break, she knew that her girlfriend was ignoring her.

 

A reply came in the middle of Lisa's sleep and was only able to reply when she woke up all thanks to her noisy alarm.

 

 

"You overslept, didn't you?" her manager says after Lisa had settled down in her van, hair still a bit wet.

The woman in question did only smile. "Yeah, I am sorry but I'm not late right?"

The man chuckles and starts to drive straight to the auditorium. "Nope, we can still make it with enough time to spare."

"Nice." she says, time check - 7:30 o'clock in the evening. They had to do evening practices by this week mandated by the main director of the play.

While scanning through her e-mails and social medias, a reply soon came from Jennie which automatically made her smile.

"Hi. Sorry wasn't able to reply, had to do rounds before calling it a day. Are you heading to practice? Can you call? I miss you."

And Lisa did. It only took 2 rings and the voice of the woman she misses so much takes over. "Hi."

"Hello." Lisa says whilst smiling, she saw her manager shaking his head - he probably called her whipped like he usually does but wasn't able to hear it.

"Are you on your way?"

"Yes, kinda overslept but we could somehow still be there before the practice starts."

"So I was right. The timestamp of your reply usually would tell me you're on your way but you sent a good morning which means you just woke up."

Lisa's heart swells in joy, it may be just a small thing but knowing that Jennie had noticed the patterns of her replies made her so happy. "You noticed it huh?"

"How can I not?" came in a reply and heard noises in the background.

Lisa heard Jennie talking back so she waited while brushing her hair, when the noises died down, she speaks up. "Done?"

"Yup. Now I'm on my way home."

"Okay, drive safely. Unfortunately I wasn't able to prepare anything for you because I overslept. You can just order or something."

"It's okay. I didn't do that and expected a return of favor."

When Lisa heard a familiar door slam, she replies. "I'll make it up. Now drive safely, okay? Text me once you're home."

"I will. I need to go before McDonald's gets so many patrons at the drive thru."

Lisa chuckles. "Alright. Drive safely. I miss you."

"I will. I miss you too."

"I love you."

"I love you too." judging by the voice, Lisa knows Jennie is smiling.

"Byebye."

"Bye." and Jennie ends the call.

"Whipped." Her manager says as soon as the call ends.

"Shut up and let me."
 

 

***

 

 

"Let's have a break."

 

Lisa and the other casts went straight to where their respective bags are, some are taking fluids, some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter