X. Made Up

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took Jennie almost an hour to reach the house because of the damn traffic. Yes, damn because all she wanted was to cover herself from the reality that Lisa hid something from her as soon as she gets into their room but traffic wasn't her side this time. She now felt really drained from everything.

 

She picks up the chocolate pomeranian who immediately barks and waddles her way near her foot, seemingly aware of Jennie's current emotional distress. After making sure that their pup didn't make a mess around the house, Jennie then heads straight to their shared room. By the way, Lisa is definitely not sleeping in the room tonight.

 

Jennie stares at her reflection whilst thinking of things she did wrong for Lisa to hid this from her. Maybe she is just overreacting but who could blame her for feeling this way? Her insecurity spikes up even more when Lisa fell mum when asked about it.

 

Feeling disappointed is an understatement to describe what she's currently feeling. Snapping out for being dazed, Jennie decides to get a long shower to cool off.

 

Several minutes later, with no shower that happened, Jennie finds herself lost in her own thoughts whilst caressing the fur of their dog when she saw how the dog's ears perked up before she jumped off of her lap to bark against the closed bedroom door with a wiggling tail.

 

She knows Lisa is here. 

 

 

"Jennie?" Lisa calls out while removing her shoes but only got an answer from the dog named Kuma.

 

By the sound of it, Lisa exactly knows where Jennie is, so she makes her way straight to the bedroom. She needs to fix this, the last thing she could afford is Jennie misunderstanding the whole situation. She left her purse and phone on the table of the dining area.

 

Knowing the situation, Lisa peaks her head into the opened door. She would not risk her life getting in without precautions. "Hello there." she hushes whilst caressing the head of the pup before she looks up to see Jennie staring at her. "Can I come in?"

Without a word, Jennie nods before Lisa finally steps her feet inside the bedroom. "Your mommy and I will talk. Go to your bed, baby." Lisa says towards the pup.

As if understanding the full situation, the pup makes its way straight to his bed - curling himself into a ball. 

"Jen." Lisa says, sitting right beside Jennie whilst facing her. "It's not what you think it is."

"..."

Lisa says upon hearing no response while reaching out to hold Jennie's hands - silently thanking her for not pulling away. "Please believe me, the reason why I didn't tell you about his involvement in this project is because I thought it wasn't much a big deal. I am not hiding things from you if that's what you're thinking. Please believe me."

Jennie remains quiet whilst looking into Lisa's eyes. Lisa knows she needs to explain further. "This must've been because of his current role on this project why you're like this but trust me, all we do is strictly for business. We didn't even have any decent conversation at all on the entire span of the rehearsal."

"Then why you couldn't answer me earlier?"

"I just got taken aback by the question. I swear that's just it. I know I shouldn't have hidden this from you. It was my mistake for being dishonest, I am sorry." Eyes looking straight into Jennie's sad eyes. Hoping she could convey the honesty behind those words and eliminate the sadness from those eyes.

"..."

"Please forgive me. I am so sorry."

"I hope you're aware why I am like this."

Lisa nods. "Yes, because I was being dishonest." Lisa's thumbs are now gently caressing the skin on Jennie's backhands.

Weakly shaking her head, Jennie says. "It is more than that, Lis."

Totally dumbfounded, Lisa asks. "Huh?"

"This isn't just about you, hiding things, from me." Jennie says, retracting her hands from her lover's grip. Sometimes, Lisa's naivety would make her want to slap her.

"I am totally lost here."

With a sigh. "This is the man that almost had taken you away from me. This is the exact man that was there when you were broken because of me. This is the same exact man who was there before me. Lisa, he isn't just some random man with a camera. This is Julio, Lisa. Do you understand where I am coming from?"

 

 

Lisa finally caught up. She should've known, she should've just came clean and told Jennie everything, she should've not thought that this would be just nothing to Jennie. Making Jennie insecured by her own actions should be one of the last thing she should do but she failed. Totally failed.

 

Receiving no replies from Lisa, Jennie became hopeless at how naive her girlfriend could become sometimes, she looks down - exhaustion f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter