XXI. History in Rome

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa!"

Lisa turns her head from the direction where the voice originates and immediately smiles after seeing who it was from. She bows to the rest of the VIP guests who just had a picture with her to excuse herself and approached the smiling tower.

"I've seen this twice and I am still in awe. Congratulations!" Chaeyoung chimes while handing a small bouquet of flowers to the smiling actress.

Lisa takes the flowers before giving Chaeyoung a hug. "Thank you for coming."

"I told you I will be in your Barcelona show. You did well, kid." Chaeyoung mutters while playfully patting the top head of the latter.

"You're just a month older than me, Chaeng. What kid are you talking about?" Lisa replies as she hands the bouquet to one of their staffs and asked him to let it rest on her make up chair.

"Still older than you." Chaeyoung chuckles as she retracts her hand. "Do you guys have plans after this?"


The show ended 6 o'clock in the evening, it's their last show for the day. "None honestly. Wanna grab dinner?"

"Was planning to ask you that. I'll wait for you here."

"Okay, give me a few minutes. I gotta remove my make up and lashes first."

"Take your time."

 

Then Lisa makes her way to her chair to get some help on removing her make up and lashes from her make up artists. Chaeyoung on the other hand had her eyes roaming around the vicinity. Trying to spot Jackson and makes sure he won't be able to go near her bestfriend.

After bidding everyone goodbye, Lisa hopped in Chaeyoung's car after telling her manager her plan and both made their way to a restaurant downtown. 

 

Lisa laughs. "I see you've been craving for something korean."

Both of them occupied a round table before Chaeyoung raised her hand. "I am. I have been wanting to visit this since the day I landed but got no one to accompany me."

Once they got their orders in, Chaeyoung speaks. "How's the traveling around Europe so far?"

"Same old, I still haven't unpacked my suitcase. We will be flying out tomorrow afternoon anyway so I see no reason to do so."

"Same old fast pace huh?"

"Yeah but probably one of the worse. We barely had a full day of rest. It's either we pack up and travel or we're on a practice but it's fun nonetheless."

Chaeyoung smiles. "You're always like this."

"Always what?" before thanking the old man who just served them two shot glasses and a bottle of Soju.

Chaeyoung waits until the man went out of earshot and says. "You never complain no matter how draining it gets."

Lisa starts pouring their glasses. "I love what I am doing so I guess it overpowers everything."

"Thanks." Chaeyoung says after her glass was filled. "That you do. Let's have a toast for another successful show."

Both of them held their glasses for a toast before taking a full swig. Both of them grimaces at the burning sensation that the alcohol had done along their throats. "How's the company going?" Lisa asks.

Their food had slowly started coming in which put Chaeyoung's answer on delay. Once all their food had been laid out and both had bid their gratitude to the old man who's been serving them, Chaeyoung replies. "It's doing just fine, we expected it anyway considering we just had a soft opening. It'll get tougher later on though, we had several audition tapes in our drives to listen and watch."

"Isn't that a good news though? You just had an opening and you already have people lining up."

Chaeyoung swallows her food in before she replies. "It is, things will get tougher when music production starts."

"You'll do just fine, buddy."

Chaeyoung smiles. "Thanks. How about you? Is he bothering you?"

Lisa shakes her head. "No, he's in close watch fortunately."

"Good. Tell me if he does."

Lisa smiles. "I will. He's off the hook so far." That's not entirely true. Lisa is still constantly getting nightmares that would literally bolt her away from sleeping every midnight. Her essential oils only allowed her to sleep longer but that's pretty much it.

Though her public panic attacks had lessen lately, what Jackson did still haunts her everyday.


"Where to next?"

"Milan."


They spent the rest of the dinner catching up all while disturbing Jisoo through video call, unfortunately Jennie couldn't come in due to the timezone but they didn't let the girl be left out as Lisa recorded everything and sent the entire 30 minute conversation to Jennie after the call ended.

Chaeyoung drops Lisa off to the hotel before both of them had to bid yet another goodbye, knowing the fact that they won't be able to see each other psychically for a while.

 

Once she's inside her room and had safely locked the door, Lisa was finally able to breathe. She also had noticed her growing anxiety of being in a wide range area. She feels like someone is always after her, a slight touch from anyone she's not aware of would cause her to panic.

After her usual session of calming herself up by proper breathing exercise, Lisa makes her way to the shower to freshen up. Once done and ready to get to bed, she grabs the digital camera that served to be her visual diary. Lisa has been filming herself talking to her camera everyday to let everything out of her chest. She does this every before sleep and every after getting nightmares. It's one of the few things in her list that keeps her collected and composed every after her panic episodes.

So she sat there, films herself while letting all her emotions go until her chest feels a little lighter. It's her sign to sleep and she did, not forgetting to send Jennie a "Good Morning" message.

 

 


***

 

 

Lisa just got off from a video call with Jennie who had been constantly fighting the urge to sleep just so she could talk to her. It was adorable however Lisa decided to end the call so Jennie could get the rest she needed.

To kill the time while waiting for the boarding signal, Lisa decides to go through the airport shopping center alone. She's slowly starting to train herself back to independency again, though there was an obvious struggle, Lisa's unwavering determination allows her to make progress little by little.

They wrapped up their successful Milan show last night and they're heading their way straight to Rome for another two night shows.

She went inside a luxury brand stall which is Jennie's favorite brand to find things she could bring home. She went from clothes to accessories but finds nothing striking so she went out.


Lisa was already on her way back to the others when she bumped onto someone that instantly made her lost her footing, leaving her wobbling before managing to finally get her balance right.


"I'm sorry. I wasn't loo—"

"Oh my God, I'm so— Lisa..."

 

Lisa's breathing hitched, her mind started to buzz and she suddenly felt dizzy as soon as she saw who she had bumped herself into. It's Jackson.

Her heart starts to beat faster than normal and it made her take a step back. Jackson on the other hand tried to reach out when Lisa is so close to collapsing after stepping away from him.


"Lisa. I.. I'm sorry." he says, he tries to keep himself on a safe distance. Afraid that maybe someone would see him with her and would provide misinformation to the court. He's already trying his best to redeem himself from what he did and he doesn't want those effort to go to waste just because of an accidental bump.

Lisa couldn't find her voice as she tries herself to breathe properly. Thankfully, Jackson didn't move closer to her but that doesn't mean it would set herself at ease. She was about to turn around, to walk away from Jackson when a figure appears behind her.


"What the hell did you do?!" Julio says before turning his attention to Lisa. "Relax Lisa. Breathe." he whispers before looking back at Jackson.

"It's not what you think it is man. I bumped into her, quite literally but it wasn't my intention to purposely meet her here."

Julio isn't convinced but the sound of Lisa's ragged breathing is much more important than interrogating Jackson. "I'll let this go. Get away from her." he says.

A man Lisa recognised as Julio's partner came in view. "What happened here, mate?"

"Nothing. Just.." he replies before looking at Jackson who has an unreadable gaze directed to the trembling Lisa. "Go!"

Jackson scurries away while holding a paper bag he probably bought earlier before Julio turns his attention back to Lisa. "Breathe, Lisa. Breathe. Geez, why do I always have to meet you in this type of situation?"

Lisa is still doing her breathing exercise, Julio then asked his friend to get her a bottle to drink from a vendo they saw earlier near the men's toilet room as he ushered her to a nearest bench. His friend came back with a bottled water few minutes after.


"Is she okay?"

"She will be, can you do me a favor and find her manager? Bring him here." the last thing Julio wants is to le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter