XIV. Indifference

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Japan was a sold out. 

Although they've encountered some bumps in the middle of plays like sudden earthquakes, the shows were pretty much successful nonetheless. Just like the routine they had in South Korea, as soon as the last show ended with a successful note, all of them started to pack up for their early morning trip to Philippines for an afternoon stunner because by evening, they're all set to fly out to China. Talk about nonstop travel and it's only been two and a half weeks. Lisa's body is slowly adapting to the demands of project too and she's thankful for the fact that she has supplements to keep her steady and healthy. 

Once all her stuffs are packed, Lisa's manager went out of her room so the actress could finally get her sleep. It's already 10 o'clock and the flight is scheduled to be at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Instead of falling asleep, Lisa picks up her phone to text Jennie — hoping her girlfriend is still awake so she could talk to her. Unfortunately, all thanks to their overlapping schedules and Jennie's sudden shift changes, they were not able to talk but that didn't stop Jennie from sending a 'Good Luck' voice message knowing how her voice is the only thing that makes the actress relax before every show.


"Hi. Are you awake?" Jennie's shift ends at 8 o'clock in the evening after her 38-hour shift.


Receiving no replies after 5 minutes, Lisa decided to take a quick shower. She came out shortly and found a reply from Jennie little over 2 minutes ago. She hurriedly typed a reply asking if Jennie is still awake, it didn't even take a minute long when her phone rings for an incoming video call request.

 

"Hi!" Lisa says, it's just been a day since their last talk and yet she had missed her terribly as if the last time was a year ago.

Jennie chuckles, now clad in her pajamas, ready to sleep. "Hello. You seemed very hyper at this very hour."

Both of them laid straight onto their own beds without removing their gazes from their phone screens. "Nah, I'm just happy to see your face again. How's the shift?"

Shoving her hair up to let her head rest onto the soft pillow, Jennie replies. "It was tiring but fun nonetheless. I got to lead a surgery today!"

"Wow! I am so happy for you! How did it go?"

"It went well. I was so nervous when the surgeon asked me if I could take over the table, of course I accepted it and I think it went well. The patient was awake when I did my rounds earlier and he's feeling fine, he says."

 

Lisa noticed the spark in Jennie's eyes and the smile across her face while telling her the achievement she did today. Jennie loves helping others and it shows. Her passion in medical field and to help people in absolute need makes Jennie one of the most promising soon-to-be surgeon out there. Lisa knows that in time, Jennie will make her name known as herself and not just the daughter of the most successful surgeon couple in all over the world.

 

"I am so proud of you." Lisa says.

Jennie's smile even grew wider after hearing that. "Thank you, I'm still quite anxious but the exam is only less than 5 months from now."

"You can do it though. I know you can, just what.. 2 weeks more of dreading shifts then you can rest before starting your review."

"Right. Wait, hang on." Jennie says before the phone's front cam is now facing the ceiling — Jennie disappears for a good minute — Lisa hears Jennie's distant voice calling out Kuma's name — before she came back with the pup in tow. "Sorry, had to take this bear from the living room."

"Aw.. Good Evening Kuku." Lisa coos making the pup tilt his head from left to right while listening to the voice of his other owner.

"So cute." Lisa chuckles, Jennie sets Kuma aside — occupying the side of the bed where Lisa sleeps.

"Anyhow." Jennie trails. "Who did the last show go?"

"It was fine but it was also scary. I mean we had a sudden earthquake earlier, it was pretty strong but the show must go on." Lisa says. "Thank God we're heading out this place tomorrow. I can't stand the jump scare everytime there's a sudden earthquake."


Jennie had to chuckle at that, she herself is a scaredy cat but Lisa is way more than her. Small and sudden vibrations scare her that's why all things related to vibration on her phone are disabled.


"Wait, did you even had a chance to go around and buy yourself some stuffs?" Jennie inquires.

Lisa shifts from one position to another. "Yes but not really. Yes, I got some stuffs for you, Kuku and those two but no really because I only got them on our way there, more on like a stop over."

"That's a bummer."

"You tell me but then again, I'm here for work so it's expected. We'll just visit here some other time for proper vacation once the project is over and maybe a late celebration."

"Celebration for what?"

"Your celebration for passing your exam."

That made Jennie laugh. "Babe, don't jinx it. It's just a few months away."

Lisa grins. "Ops. Well, I know for a fact that you'll pass."

"Hopefully so."


And it all went quiet, none of them were talking and just like the other times, they just stared at one another with smiles across their faces until Lisa remembers something that was already long overdue.


"By the way, I've been meaning to tell you this but I always forget along the way."

Jennie's eyebrow shots up. "And what's that?"

Lisa shifts from her position again. "Remember I told you I will request for a photographer change?"

Jennie remains quiet whilst staring at Lisa. "Well, it was declined."

Jennie's expression didn't change and it made Lisa really nervous because she hates it everytime she couldn't read the latter's eyes. After almost a minute of silence, Jennie speaks. "When was it declined?"

"2 weeks ago, before our Seoul show."

"I see." And the coldness in Jennie's voice brought shivers down her spine. Jennie's eyes are slowly becoming way more unreadable that it was earlier. It was not the wifi connection and Lisa knows she's doomed if she's not going to do something.

"I am sorry. Really. I have been meaning to tell you this but it always slipp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter