I. Desire

Real and not Pretend : Book 2 — The Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks for coming. We'll contact you and your manager once everything is already finalized and the casting is done for the script reading."

Lisa smiles as she shakes a hand with the director and writer of the play. "Thank you. I'll see you soon."

The director smiles at her as well. "Have a safe trip back home."

 

 

Lisa bids everyone a proper goodbye and genuine smiles before she exits the venue. It's been such a long day for her and she couldn't wait to be home. Home, ah. A year and 2 months had passed since her house truly had become a home, why? Because Jennie and her decided to live together after 2 years of being officially tied to one another.

 

A lot of things happened in the span of just three years and two months, Lisa had graduated and immediately got a huge break in theater industry. She was scouted straight off from college to lead a 2-month long play who also had done roadshows around Australia. Her fanbase is increasing day by day in which had turned her into a local celebrity in Theater Arts. In that same year, Lisa was also awarded with The Most Promising Artist in an award show dedicated for theater artists in Australia.

 

In just a span of a year, Lisa had done almost half a dozen theater plays including months long roadshows, a week long play and one night stunners. Along with her rising popularity and recognition was exhaustion that her manager and company were left with no choice but to decline further offers to let the young talent recover. All of these could boost up an ego of a person but what keeps her grounded from all this time is the person whom she goes home to everyday.

 

Jennie is already in her third year of residency in their hospital because she'd made a promise to her father that when she graduated, she'll spend her residency and possibly her advance career once she passed her licensure exam - she still has a year to finish before she starts grinding for the exam.

 

Lisa had settled herself down in her service car when her phone rings, a smile then spreads across her face upon seeing the caller ID.

 

"So whipped." her driver says before chuckling when he saw the smile.

"Hush, let me." Lisa says and answers the phone. "Hey."

"Hey, are you going home?"

"Yes, want me to bring something home?"

"Yourself."

Lisa laughs before she creates noises of someone feeling a huge cringe which also made Jennie laugh. "My god that is so cringy."

"Stop acting that you don't like it."

"I did not say I don't. Ugh the cringe."

She could already imagine Jennie shaking her head and probably rolling her eyes. "Where are you though?"

Lisa looks outside before grabbing her purse to grab her stress ball. "We just got out of the area. Will be home in 10 minutes but I'll text you if something comes up and would cause delays."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later, come home safely."

"Yes, mom." she snickers, Jennie hates it when she calls her that.

"Why am I dating you again?"

Lisa shrugs whilst grinning. "Because I'm the best."

"Whatever. See you in a bit. I love you. I miss you."

Her grin grew wider, after all these years, those words could still cause loud bangs in her chest and somersaults in her stomach. "I love you too. And I miss you just as much, I'll be home soon."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

 

 

Jennie had stayed in the hospital for more than 48 hours because she needed to cover the spot of the resident podiatrist who had a family emergency while the others were doing medical missions. She slept and took a bath in her own office until someone takes over her shift. Lisa decided not to physically visit her girlfriend knowing how busy she would be as the only available on call physician however despite the circumstances, they'd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter