Eight - Overcoming My Previous Fear

Rewrite The Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight – Overcoming My Previous Fear

Song – Mino Ft Taeyang – Fear

_____________________________________________________________________________________

19 March 2003 – Female Dormitory

Lisa’s POV

I wake up from my long sleep. There is a feeling of painful pressure on my head. I feel so thirsty. What happen to me last night? I look at myself in my mirror.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh”

My eyes! How can it get red and puffy like this?

“Jisoooooo~ what happen to me last night? Why I can’t remember anything?”

I shake Jisoo’s body several times to wake her up from her sleep. I really need to know if I’ve done anything stupid last night.

“Ya Lisaaa~” As soon as she opens her eyes, she screams and slaps me on my face. I am so surprise.

“How you get here yesterday? Ji Eun unnie said that yesterday you set down on the road right in front of the dorm.”

“Oh about that, I remember I take a taxi but I don’t pay him. Maybe that’s why he threw me off on the road.” I feel so mad at the taxi driver. But I’m grateful he doesn’t do anything bad to me. Wait, he doesn’t take all my money right? I quickly run to get my purse. I check all the cash I have.

Well. Everything is here. My bank card is here. My identification card is here. It is all here. He drove me from Gangnam to my dorm without even receive any payment. Wow. Am I took a charity taxi or what?

“Do you remember what happened at the club?” Jisoo suddenly bring up a topic that I’m really scared to know.

“No. I don’t. I remember I drink a bottle of hard booze. And then I feel so angry, then I…..”

“Then you are what?”

“Oh my God. I did what? I can’t really remember. Am I killing anyone?”

“Yes. You kill Taehyung last night.”

“I’m what?” I know I hate Taehyung, but kill him while I’m drunk? No way!

“Hahahahaha. Look at your face.” Jisoo laughs at my shocked face.

“Tell me please. What I have done?”

“You told Taehyung that you hate him so much. Then you start talking nonsense like he loves you, then he f**k other girl and you even said you trust him so much. You are so dramatic Lisa.”

“I did that?”

Oh my God. How can I face him later? Okay, I will avoid him as much as possible. I can’t believe I say something so humiliating like that in front of him.

“Oh, Lisa. You even cry so ugly in front of him last night.”

“I’m what?”

I cry in front of Taehyung? No way. I’m so done.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Department of Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design

I survive again in this class of Fashion Market Research. I really hate all this researching, market and economy things. The only good thing about this class is the word fashion. I don’t want to get through all this again. Just before all the students are about to leave the class suddenly a senior that used to be so popular that I forgot his name make an announcement in front of the class.

“Assemble in the reference room after class. It’s for the freshmen. So all of you should attend, okay?”

“Yes, sir”

I packed all my stuff quickly because I need to get to cafeteria to have my lunch. I’m so hungry right now. A person stands in front of me. Unfortunately, some people just really don’t like seeing me free. But, Jungkook? Why is he here and block my way?

“We need to talk.”

Oh my god. I really hate that word.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

We sit at the lobby of the department.  It is a silence for a while. I am so hungry right now. I want to finish this fast. We should at least talk at the cafeteria so I can eat while we are discussing. 

But why exactly are we are here? Is he here to nitpick? Look at those eyes. They are so sharp like a laser. I can die if I look into his eyes. By the way, did he really stay single for 15 years because he couldn’t get over me? Ah, no way. I chuckles on my own when I think of that probability.

“Oi” He calls me oi. Doesn’t he even call people with name?

“What?”

“I’m asking you this just in case. You don’t think I like you, do you?”

“Pardon? Well…” What is he trying to tell me exactly?

“You do. Oh. You thought so, didn’t you? ”

“Well, it’s because you said you liked me.”

“I never did.”

“Well, you asked me out on a date.”

“I asked you out, but I never said I liked you.”

“Eh? You have to like someone to go on a date. Then, why did you ask me out?” Is he getting back at me for rejecting him?

“Because you were in front of me.”

“Eh? Because I was in front of you? What if someone else was there?”

“I would’ve asked her out. “

Meanwhile from Jungkook’s POV from the past

I’m just done with my projects for Fashion Trend and Design Planning class. I don’t get any sleep for two days, and I’m not even taken shower. This is what people called dedication. I left the design lab after I spent my weekend here. I want to get some fresh air. As I’m about to get to my car, I saw my dad was there. I get close to the car.  

“What do you want, Director?” I ask him as cold as I can get. I really don’t want to talk to him right now.

“Jungkook, what happen to you? What do you want to do in life being so messy like this?”

“You know that I want to be a fashion designer like mom.”

“Do you think that you can meet woman out there to love you if you become a fashion designer?”

“I can get any woman I want in life. I’ll show you.”

I walk a little bit away from dad. I saw a group of people in front of the library. I walk to one of the girl and stop her.

“You. Go on a date with me.”

“No.” I was so surprise with her answers. Never even a girl in my life refuses to have date with me.

“Why not?” I asked her just in case she wants to change her mind. She gets a little bit closer to me and starts to smell on me. Oh no.

“You smell like sweat” She even holds her nose and closes . I don’t take shower for two days, that’s explaining all this.

She even left me without even turn her back. Who is she?

(Back to the new Lisa with Lisa’s POV)

 

I feel so empty.

“It all clear now right? Then, let’s not be clingy. Something like…..” He shows me the hugging expression. This must be about yesterday.

“Don’t do it. Don’t try to be flirty around me. Bye” He said that before he leaves me with emptiness in my heart.

He asked me out because I was in front of him? What? What is this? Then he never liked me in the past. Why is he telling me this now after 15 years old? He shouldn’t have told me that. I even lie myself every day that Jeon Jungkook, the famous fashion designer was once like me whenever I feel so low in confident. Knowing the truth now is re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter