Reunion

A Love Like No Other

It was foggy, rainy night. Our family was in the car, ready to go to my piano recital. We were all laughing while I was screaming at appa to stop making fun of me. These were happy times. Everyone was smiling. Then tragedy struck. HONK! A huge set of headlights were charging toward our car. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground. Blood was everywhere. I tried to get up but my body forced me not to. I saw two figures next to me.

      “UMMA, APPA!”, I screeched. I crawled toward them and touched their hands and face. Freezing cold. I tried to hear their heartbeat. I put my face on their chest. No sound. Umma and appa left this world in a split second.

   

    “NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”, I screamed. Kyuhyun ran up to me and saw what happened. His eyes started tearing and flowing.

     

       “Umma..Appa. Wake up…….” I heard his whisper as he crouched down to their bodies.

   

     “Wake up….WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Kyuhyun dropped to the ground. He was unconscious. My vision was starting to fade. Everything was turning blurry and black. 2 sets of arms wrapped around me. Two girls, about 2 years older than me. This was the last thing I heard…

 

“Are you alright? Hey sweetie, are you okay? HANA CALL THE HOSPITAL!” Hana ran over to Kyuhyun to see if he was alright.

 

“Miinah! This guy’s unconscious too!” the other girl cried.

 

“HURRY AND CALL THE HOSPITAL NOW!”

RIIINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

 

I jumped out of bed. I put my alarm clock on dismiss. I rubbed my head. So it was another dream. I’ve been having this dream, replaying over and over again every night. The sight of when umma and appa died and when I met Hana and Miinah. Hana and Miinah have been my good friends. They always came to visit me while I was in the hospital. I always hung around them; they were like my older sisters. They used to tell me all this nice stories about their childhood. Hana is always wishing for the perfect guy to come for her. Her own prince charming, would take her away one day. Miinah has been always waiting for her best friend to return. Her and he would always go outside at night, to look at the stars. They would talk about their secrets and share everything about one another to each other. Miinah started to like him and was determined to tell him how she felt. However, the day she was going to confess, her best friend moved away and left a note saying…

    

      “Never forget me and wait for me. You will always be my best friend.”

 

Miinah was heartbroken.  Haha….I remember the memories with. All 3 of us were great friends. But then, Miinah and Hana moved away because of their parents’ job was relocated. I knew I was going to see them again, because they promised me. I got up from my bed, and looked out my window. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Ah…such a beautiful Saturday. I got dressed and ran downstairs. Kyuhyun and Donghae went out to the company to practice again. Hmph…they’re here. I looked through the refrigerator and found a huge container of kimbap. OH YEAH! HAPPINESS STRIKES AGAIN. XD I was just about to grab the container when the doorbell rang.  I ran over and opened the door. Taemin?

   “Heyyyyy J” he said with a wide smile.

 

    “What do you want?”

 

     “Geesh. Someone’s a little grumpy today.”

 

      “Only around you.”

 

      “Ouch.” He chuckled.  I liked seeing him smile. I feel all warm inside when he does.

     

      “Come with me to the park, Cho Hee.”

 

      “What  for?”

 

      “I have something important to tell you.” DID SOMETHING BAD HAPPEN? I nodded.  He took my hand.

    

      “Let’s go.” We walked together to the park in silence. Hm…he was acting different today. Usually we would be fighting by now. Why is he so quiet? And he was still holding my hand. We walked to the bench where you could see a view of the water. The water was so beautiful, reflecting the sunlight. Taemin saw me staring at the water.

    

      “I’m guessing you love being near the water.”

      

      “It was appa’s dream to live by the water. After we had enough money, we were going to buy a house near the ocean. His dream has become my dream now.”  He smiled to himself.

   

      “That’s nice.” I sighed.

     

      “Yeah…so what did you want to tell me?” He turned around so he could see my face to face. His eyes looked straight through mine. He looked so serious. What is going on? He grasped my hand harder.

     

     “Cho Hee…We’ve had a lot of ups and downs together. And, I feel most relieved and happiest when I’m around you.” I felt my face turning red. He feels happiest when with me? That’s a first. He continued…

   

   “I think about you, day and night. I worry about you because you cry and always feel like you have to be alone. But remember, you don’t. You always will have me. I will always protect you.”He leaned in to me. I felt my heart beat. It kept accelerating. Is he…going to confess to me?

 

 “Cho Hee….I”

 

  “AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! CHO HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Both of us and saw two girls running toward us. I knew who they were in a second.

 

“MIINAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I ran up to them. We crashed into each other and gave a big hug. It was Miinah and Hana, what were they doing here? I looked over at Taemin. His face looked shocked.

“Ah, Cho Hee. I can’t believe it’s you!!!!! J”, Hana screamed.

 

“Aha, you’re loud as usual.” I told her.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?”

 

“STOP SCREAMING AT ME!” My conversations with Hana were always EXTREMELY loud. Always screaming at each other. I have to love this child.

 

“CHO HEE!” the other girl said.

 

“Hi Miinah! Nice weather?”

 

“No I’m not.” We both exploded into laughter. All 3 of us had so many good times.

 

“So what are you guys doing back here?  I thought you guys moved away, to study abroad in India?”

 

“We did! But we’re having a break now so we decided to come back  to Korea and visit our favorite dongsang!”, Miinah explained. I stared at them suspiciously.

 

“FAVORTIE dongsang? Something’s up. Alright tell me. What is it you guys want me to do?” They looked at each other.

“We’re having a party and we want you to come.”

 

“A party? Guys….you know I won’t go. I hate crowds.”

 

“I know….but come on! Please….do something nice for once for your favorite unni’s”  

 

“Cheh…you wish.”

 

“PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You can even bring that cute guy you were talking to over there.”, Hana begged.

Taemin walked over to us.

 

“Ah thank you. Someone recognizes my true handsomeness. Thank you, noona.” He smiled.

 

“And so well behaved! Is he… “your man”, Cho Hee?”

 

“Most definitely.” Taemin said before I could explain.  I kicked his shin.

 

“SHUT UP! AND NO! TAEMIN IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND. HE’S JUST…a friend.”

 

“More than a friend than you ask me.”, Hana whispered to Miinah. I gave them the icy glare.

 

“I said nothing.” Hana quickly added.

 

“Anyway, just come! You’ll have a lot of fun.”Miinah said while handing me two invitations.

“And Taemin, make sure she comes! I’m trusting you!”

“You can count on it, noona!”, Taemin said.

“I thought I kicked you down!”

 

“HA. Like a weakling like you would hurt me.”

 

“OH YEAH?!” I kicked him again, only 100x harder. He fell to the ground.

 

“Cho Hee, come with us! We have some catching up to do. J”, Hana motioned me toward them.

 

“Okay! I’ll see you later, Taemin.At the party right?”, I asked him.

 

“Sure…but first. I think I’m going to have to go to the doctor’s office. I think my leg is broken, thank you

very much.”

 

“Oh man up.” I ran to Miinah and Hana. It felt good to be with them again.  

 

 

“So what’s up?” I asked them. “Did you find your prince charmings yet?”Hana sighed.

 

“Unfortunately not, I thought I finally did, until I realized that he was cheating on me with like 15 other girls.” Her expression saddened.

 

“I’m sorry.” I patted her on the back. She sniffed.

 

” It’s okay. Hopefully, I’ll find someone new here in Korea! I can feel someone waiting for me. Breathing at this very moment.” She smiled brightly to the sky. Oh Hana….so cheesy.

 

“And what about you, Miinah?”

 

“I’m still trying to find my best friend. One of the reasons I came back was to see him again. Every day, at 11:11pm, I make a wish at the fountain near our house, wishing that we could see each other again. Every day, since the day he left me. I just want…to find him and finally tell him how I feel. That way, I won’t have any more regrets.” I stared at them. It seems like they are hurting just as much as I am. I feel like I should help them. They helped me through my hard times. Now, it’s time for me to help them. J

 

“ALRIGHT. LET’S GO TO THE MALL!”

 

“The mall? But you hate the mall.”, they said in unison.

 

“But I can’t stand to see you guys in this sad mood. LET’S GO! AS MUCH AS IT IS GOING TO KILL ME!”

 

“I’m fine with killing you.” Miinah chuckled. I pushed her.

 

“I’m kidding! Cheh.. you haven’t changed a bit. Still violent. ”

 

“You know me so well.”

We went to the mall to buy dresses for the party. They made me try on all these sparkly dresses with sequins. I think I almost puked. But, I remember Taemin picking out that beautiful white dress, the last time I came here. He wanted to cheer me up. I felt really happy and safe around him. I smiled at the memories. Then I remembered something…Back at the park. What was he doing? He was holding my hand so tight and kept saying things about protecting me. Does that mean that helikes me? Wait…why am I getting happy? I hate him right? C’mon brain! I hate him right? My heart beat was racing and my face was blushing. No, something definitely changed within me. Something in my heart….I think…..I think…I think I’m in love with Taemin.