Big news

A Love Like No Other

“Plenty was shared between us…The sweat, the tears, the secrets; I’m even able to love the times where we hated each other”

Cho Hee POV

       “Cho Hee, stay after class for a few minutes.”, my anatomy teacher said to me. I nodded and stayed while everyone else left.

       “Is there anything wrong, sir?”, I asked him.

       “No, I have great news! Your grades in all our science and medical classes are fantastic. You’re the top in the class! I’ve never seen everyone been so hardworking and interested in medicine before.”, he commented.

        “Thank you very much.”, I said.

        “I’m going to give you the chance of a lifetime. You are familiar with John’s Hopkins Medical School in America, correct?”

         “Yes, It’s my dream school.”, I said.

         “That’s good.”, he handed me a piece of paper. It read… “Juniors Johns Hopkins Medical School Scholarship Application” “I would like for you to apply for this, Cho Hee.”, he said.

           “A scholarship to Johns Hopkins?”, I squealed.

           “Yes, only about 15 students are selected for the full scholarship opportunity to Johns Hopkins. I think you will do well in representing our school and could even be selected.”, he smiled. My body was filled with joy. I gave the professor a big hug, surely he didn’t see that coming.

            “Thank you sir! You won’t regret this decision! I’ll make you proud!”, I smiled brightly.

            “I’m positive you will. Good luck.”

 

 

                                                                                          ~~~

 

                  “Johns Hopkins? Isn’t that the awesome medical school…”, Taemin asked when I told him the big news.

                  “Yes!”

                   “In America?”, he finished. “You’re trying to leave me already?”, he pouted.

                  “Hehe no. I would never leave you. It’s my dream school. I’ve seen the pictures and the campus is beautiful.”, I smiled.

                    “Sounds good, but isn’t Hopkins like impossible to get into…”, he said.

                    “What? You don’t think I can get the scholarship?”

                    “No no that’s not it. I just don’t want you to get your hopes up.”, he reassured.

                    “I mean it’s worth trying to apply to. Who knows I may get in, but I most likely won’t.”

                     “I’m sure you will.”, he smiled at me. Ah..his beautiful smile. I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

                      “Well I better get working on this application.”, I concluded.

                       “Alright, don’t get too stressed out, my little nerd.”, he chuckled. I stuck my tongue at him and hurried off home.

                       “That’s fantastic!”, Donghae exclaimed when I told him and Kyuhyun to news. “I’m so happy for you!” I could tell because he was literally jumping up and down in excitement.

                      “Congrats, Dongsang! I actually have something to be proud of you for.”, he chuckled. He obviously was too busy laughing when I kicked him in the shin.

                      “Who’s laughing now?”, I giggled.

                      “You…see…what…she..does..to…me…?”, Kyuhyun said while trying to get up.

                       “You asked for it, dude”, Donghae replied, laughing his off. “Good job, Cho Hee.”

                      “So, What’s with you guys and your love life?”, I asked the guys.

                      “Well, Miinah and I had a beautiful and romantic dinner. I even kissed her.”, Donghae smiled just remembering the memory.

                     “Sounds like a lovely date. How about you oppa?”, I asked Kyuhyun.

                     “Hana and I had some form of communication yesterday.”, he smiled. “We may be able to get close again.”

                     “Whoa there dude. These things take time. Give her a break. She needs some time to figure this out. She will come to you when she’s ready.”, Donghae explained.

                       “Since when were you such an expert on girls?”, Kyuhyun asked.

                        “I told you..I’m simply…amazing.”, he said. Kyuhyun and I bursted out..laughing at his comment.

                         “Well since we have such great news today, I’m actually going to cook!”, he said.

                         “No..that’s okay…”, Donghae and I said in unison.

                       “I’ll make kimbap and some homemade kimchi soap to celebrate Cho Hee’s news.”, Donghae said.

                       “Yay!”, I said jumping up and down.

                        “I could have made something more amazing.”, Kyuhyun mumbled.

                        “You’d get us killed.”, Donghae chuckled. Days like this made me wish I had news like this everyday. Mom, Dad, I’m getting there. I’m getting closer and closer to our dream.