Memories

A Love Like No Other

During my childhood I dreamed a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying away. If a red balloon flies in the sky my heart remembers beautiful memories.”

 

“Hello Cho Hee? Princess? Are you awake?”, I thought I was going crazy. I quickly picked up my phone.

“Good morning, Taemin.”

“Good morning, my love.” I smiled. Only he can make me feel happy on a Friday morning. I giggled.

“Why did you call?”

“Since tomorrow is the weekend, and we’ve haven’t had our first date yet, I wanted to ask if you wanted to go the amusement park on Saturday?”, he asked.

“Sure!”, I exclaimed.

“Great! I’ll pick you up at about 10am.”

“Okay.”We hung up and I held the phone to my chest. Our first date! I can’t wait! I better pick out something nice…

                                                                              ~~~

I woke up the next morning, refreshed and excited. Today is our first date. <3 I put on a earthy floral dress and paired it with denim jacket. I went downstairs.

“GOOD MORNING OPPAS!”

“Morning Cho Hee!”, Donghae greeted me with a bright smile.

“You’re awfully cheerful this morning!”, I said.

“Miinah and I are together. Of course I’m happy. I’m the happiest man in the world.”, he said.

“I thought you wanted her to confess to you? You know to keep your “cool” image”, I asked.

“Well…she’s different. She’s special to me.”, he smiled. Kyuhyun knocked him in the head.

“Stop trying to be all romantic..You’re a man!”, kyuhyun explained.

“And what about you? When are you going to ask Hana out?”, I asked. Kyuhyun remained silent. Donghae and I sighed.

“Geesh man..it’s not that hard. Pick out a romantic way to ask her out and just ask her! She’s going to say yes.”, Donghae explained.

“But I’m not exactly….romantic”. He put air quotes around romantic.

“Well, be creative. Hana loves cute things. You better think of something or else her feelings for you might just disappear.”Kyuhyun sighed. DING DOONG.  Yay! Taemin’s here. I sprinted over and opened the door.

“Taemin!” No one was there…hm? I stepped out and someone grabbed my from behind.

“CHO HEEEE!” It was Taemin!

“You scared me!”, I yelled. He chuckled.

“I think that was kinda the point.”, he said. I smiled.

“Are you ready?”, he asked.

“Yup! Let’s go!”I waved goodbye to Kyuhyun and Donghae, and Taemin and I walked to Taemin’s car.

“You look pretty today.”, Taemin complimented.

“Thank you.”

“But I’m fine if you just wore a t-shirt and shorts. You look beautiful either way.”I started blushing..Again, with the cheesy compliments. He pulled me over and lightly kissed my cheek. Hehe…We arrived at the amusement park about ten minutes later. I grabbed Taemin’s hand and we ran into the entrance at the park. I smiled as we walked around the park, remembering all the memories here. Appa used to go with me on a roller coaster that I was afraid of. He would hold my hand the whole time. We would both scream while on the ride, Appa’s voice would go really high. Haha. Umma would be waiting for us, with cotton candy in her hands. Kyuhyun would be at the arcade, yelling at the game for making him lose.  We would all go to this restaurant and we would order yummy chicken. Appa and Umma would tell funny stories about their childhood, and Kyuhyun and I would fight over the last piece of chicken. Now that Appa and Umma is gone, we cant have those memories anymore. All because of me. I felt tears running down my face, just remembering what happened that horrible night.

“Cho Hee? Are you okay?” Taemin waved his hand in front of my face.

“Huh?”

“Why are you crying?”, he used his hands to wipe the tears of my face.

“Oh nothing, it’s just that this park has a lot of memories. Good memories.”

“really? Then we can create more memories here!”, he exclaimed. I giggled.  We rode many roller coasters and finally we approached the huge one.  Unlike the other ones, this coaster was about 40m high up in the air. It had a huge drop, many loops, and turns. Just by looking at it, I was beginning to feel sick. 

“Let’s go, Cho Hee!” Taemin tried to lead me in but I hesitated.  

“It’s not going to be bad.”, he said. I still didn’t move. He grabbed my hand.

“I’m going to be with you. If I’m with you, nothing bad will ever happen you. I promise. I can’t let my princess get hurt.” This gave me a lot of strength. As we approached the roller coaster, Taemin never let go of my hand. It’s a good thing he didn’t, because I felt like my lungs were about to burst. Apparently there was a camera that took a picture while we were on the ride, and they got a picture of me screaming my lungs out. Taemin still looked normal. I looked like I was going to eat someone…-_- Taemin laughed and insisted that we should buy the picture. I tried to persuade him not to, but he had already bought it.

“Come on! It’s a really memorable experience!” He laughed again.

“Fine.”, I finally answered. He smiled.

“I’m a little hungry,”, he said.

“Me too.”, I agreed. We walked around until we found a restaurant. The same restaurant appa and umma took kyuhyun and I to. I ordered the same chicken while I asked Taemin to share it with me. Great memories kept coming back to me. We finished our meal and approached the ferris wheel. It was starting to turn dark and the stars were being to come out. We got our seats on the ride.

“So why is this place such great memories for you?”, Taemin asked.

“I used to come here with my umma,appa, and Kyuhyun. My appa used to do the things you did for me today. The chicken we ate today, was the same chicken I ate when they were here.”, I said while staring at the stars.

“That’s nice. I’m glad you were able to experience those memories again.”, he smiled at me. I smiled back and went on…

“I still feel like they are here. Even though I can’t feel them, I know they are here. They are the two brightest stars in the sky.”Taemin grabbed my hand as if he wants me to tell him more.

“My appa always wanted a house near the water. My umma always wanted the house to be able to see the stars shining brightly in the night sky. But they never got to have that chance. That’s why I want to fulfill that dream that they had.”

“I’ll make sure we do.” I smiled. BOOM.. BOOM…BOOM. Bright colors starting flashing in front of us.  Colors of red, yellow,pink,blue, and orange started to spring in the sky above us. Fireworks…Appa,Umma,Kyuhyun, and I used to always watch the fireworks like this. Now, I can share these memories with Taemin. I don’t think I lost everything yet. Umma and Appa may be gone, but Kyuhyun,Donghae,Miinah, Hana, and Taemin are still here. They give me the strength to keep going.  I rested my head on Taemin’s shoulder while Taemin brushed my hair lightly. He looked at me with those twinkling eyes of his and started to lean into me. His lips touched mine lightly. I wish we could stay here, like this forever.