Chapter 8

The Hunter and The Informant

It took a bit for Chanwoo to come around after getting used to Donghan being in a different country. Granted Donghan still called to check on him but it only helped a little bit. The only way to really be okay was for them to be within physical contact with each other. Hanbin and Bobby were on their way back, coming back with Yunhyeong, Hongseok and Yuto but that was still a few weeks away. Junhoe was called on a mission after his visit to Donghun's pack so he wasn't due back for another few weeks.

Today Chanwoo, Rocky and Jinwoo were working, with Moonbin in the back with Jinhwan, Donghyuk, Eunwoo and Sanha. They still hadn't gotten word from Nickhun or Jeonguk so they decided to continue their search on their own for now. Chanwoo was taking orders, Rocky was delivering orders to their respective tables and Jinwoo was making the orders. It seemed this was the best way for everyone, and Jinwoo did make the best drinks, when Donghyuk wasn't working anyway.

During an empty part of the day the bell chimed, and in walked Donghan with someone new with him. "Oh, it's you!" Said Chanwoo. "Sorry, came unannounced," said Donghan as he scratched the back of his head. "I'll take the usual," he said, handing Chanwoo the money. Chanwoo nodded, processing the order and handing Donghan the change before handing the order to Jinwoo.

"'Bin! Someone's calling for you," Chanwoo called into the backroom. Moonbin came out of the backroom, spotting Donghan sitting by the windows. "You go, I'll take your spot," he said. Chanwoo blinked. "Are you sure?" He asked. Moonbin nodded, grinning. "You haven't seen each other in a while, go," he said. Chanwoo nodded and took the order that Jinwoo finished and walked over with it on a tray, setting it down in front of Donghan and who Chanwoo presumed was his beta and sat down.

"What's with the spontaneous trip here all of the sudden?" He asked. "Well, I said I'd be back didn't I?" Asked Donghan as he chuckled slightly. "This is Kenta," he said, introducing the two. "Hello," said Kenta as he gave a small smile in greeting. "Chanwoo," Chanwoo said with a smile.

"So," said Kenta. "How big is this information network again?" He asked. "All over the world," said Chanwoo. "We have most of them in Europe but we're slowly branching out to the rest of the world," he said. "Though we have contacts everywhere so we know to contact them if we need them," he said.

"Why does Europe have the most contacts if you don't mind me asking?" Asked Kenta. "It's more due to the fact that it's home," said Chanwoo. "Most packs do call Europe home and therefore we made contact with everyone here first," he said. "With the largest pack being Kyuhyun's in Poland," he said.

"Granted," he said. "We don't have contacts all over Europe, but we do span most of it," he said. "Kyuhyun and his pack span out through most of Europe so," he said, shrugging. Kenta hummed. "Interesting," he said. "I told you the information network was huge," said Donghan. "I see that now," said Kenta.

"Was Eric with Kyuhyun?" Asked Donghan. "I don't think he was, otherwise he would've been protected since hunters can't hunt down werewolves with vampire hunters in their pack," said Chanwoo. "Hm," said Donghan.

The door chimed again and in walked three familiar faces. "Hey Woojin, Hongseob, and Jason," greeted Moonbin. "They got you working the front today?" Asked Woojin as he grinned in greeting. "Sort of," Moonbin said with a chuckle. "What can I get you?" He asked. "The usual please," said Woojin as he handed Moonbin the money. Moonbin nodded and processed the order before handing back the receipt, nodding to Chanwoo's table.

"Well, I have some clients," said Chanwoo as he stood, moving a table away as Woojin walked over with Jason and Hongseob. "You didn't have to move you know," said Woojin. "It's alright, they're new," said Chanwoo. "So what do you need?" He asked. "Just giving reports like usual," said Hongseob as he passed over a piece of paper. Chanwoo looked over the report, humming in response. "South Korea's busy it seems," he said. "Well, Jeonguk's working to get information about your client soon," said Jason. "We'll get them," said Chanwoo. "We never failed a mission yet so," he said. Rocky delivered the order, and Chanwoo got up. "I'll see you around then," he said. Woojin nodded and Chanwoo left, going to put the report in the backroom.

Moonbin walked over to Donghan and Kenta's table after Chanwoo took his place, taking orders again. "What brings you back to Berlin?" He asked as he sat down. "Ah, just needed to be near Chanwoo again," said Donghan as he sipped on his coffee. "And I did promise to bring one of my betas along," he said.

"Is it the same for you too?" He asked suddenly. "What? The unending feeling of needing to be close if we're away from each other for too long?" Asked Moonbin. Donghan nodded. "Yes," said Moonbin. "It gets easier, trust me but," he said, sighing. "We've been together since World War II essentially and it's still hard to be away from each other for long periods of time," he said. "Calling and video chatting does help but not much," he said. "The first time we were really separated was months ago, when Chanwoo had to go with his brothers and I was helping people in the states," he said. "We couldn't even video chat, they were out of internet service the whole time," he said.

"Damn, that ," said Donghan. "Life of vampire hunters," said Moonbin as he sighed. "Luckily we're not called on missions much but the others are," he said. "Hopefully with you around things will get easier for him," he said. "Hopefully," said Donghan. Kenta hummed in response.

After a few hours Woojin, Hongseob and Jason left, needing to go to the U.K. "Let's close up then," called Moonbin as it was getting late. Everyone went to close up the store, and Donghan and Kenta went to help.

"Mind if we stay a couple days?" Asked Donghan. "Sure," said Moonbin. "We have a spare room for you," he said. Donghan nodded and went to help Chanwoo make sure everything was locked.

Dinner was awkward, but everyone was doing what they could. Donghan and Chanwoo sat next to Moonbin as they ate dinner, making small talk. Kenta talked with Jinhwan, curious about his pack's history. Jinhwan was uncomfortable talking about it but eventually opened up about some of the small things.

"Kenta," said Donghan. "Back off with the questions okay?" He asked. "Sorry," said Kenta. "It's alright," Jinhwan said softly. "It's nothing but the past now," he said. Donghyuk nodded in agreement. "Sometimes it's good to talk about something like that, to get it off our chest," he said.

"It's alright," said Chanwoo. "Most people would be turned away from the scars they carry," he said. "We're trying to turn our life around," said Jinhwan. "That's good," said Kenta.