Chapter 6

The Hunter and The Informant

Moonbin got word of a new pack in Switzerland, and wondered who exactly this pack was. Chanwoo was curious as to who these people were, and whether he could use them as more information gatherers. Yunhyeong had been called out to missions while Jinhwan got a small break from doing anything for a bit.

"How the hell do you get news so quickly about getting neighbors?" Asked Sanha. "Language Sanha, and remember, we have people who are in contact with us in most of Europe," said Moonbin. "It's just crazy how big our information network has gotten over the decades, especially now with modern technology," said Sanha. "Yeah," said Chanwoo.

"You know," said Jinwoo. "I wouldn't mind meeting the new neighbors," he said. "Not often we get new neighbors anyway," he added. "It'd be nice to get to know the new folks," said Moonbin. "Wonder which part of Switzerland they're in?" Asked Sanha. "And if they understand German or English or both?" He asked. "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough," said Moonbin.

"Ah, the only German we ever speak is dealing with human customers," said Jinwoo. "We'll deal with it," said Moonbin. "Yes, we will," said Chanwoo. "We should get to work then," he said. "It's just Rocky, Eunwoo and Jinhwan working today but," he said. "We need to make sure they don't go crazy with the humans," he said. They left, heading to the coffee shop.

When they got there Rocky was taking orders while Jinhwan was making the orders, finding it easier on Jinhwan to do so when he didn't get directly involved with the humans who were making quiet remarks about the scars on his face. "Jinhwan," called Chanwoo. "Finish the drinks you're making and Sanha will take over," he said. Jinhwan nodded, looking slightly relieved to get relieved of his duties as he went to finish making the drinks. Eunwoo went to deliver the drinks to the tables as Moonbin, Chanwoo and Jinwoo sat at an empty table to watch everything going on and Sanha went to put on an apron before coming back and taking Jinhwan's place.

Jinhwan went over and sat next to Jinwoo. "You did good today," said Chanwoo. "Don't let the whispers get to you alright?" He asked. "It didn't," said Jinhwan. "But sometimes it does," he said. "Just be careful," said Chanwoo. "I know I know," said Jinhwan.

"You didn't get to interact with humans much did you?" Asked Jinwoo. "Not really," said Jinhwan. "Not after everything, the only humans we really interacted with were werewolf hunters," he said. "Hm," said Moonbin. "Where did Yunhyeong go again?" Asked Chanwoo. "Toronto," said Jinhwan. "He's not after Chani and friends, but," he said, shrugging. Chanwoo nodded.

The door chimed during an empty part of the day, and Rocky greeted them in German before repeating it in English. "Hello," he said. "Ah, hello," said the newcomer. "What can I get you?" Rocky asked, speaking German now as he realized the newcomer spoke German. "I was told to ask for the usual," said the newcomer. Rocky nodded and processed the order. "I got it," said Sanha as he went to make the order. Rocky nodded and wrote down on the receipt to look for the group of four sitting in the corner before handing back the receipt.

"Ah, we got him," said Moonbin as Chanwoo was looking at his emails on the laptop. "It seems so," said Chanwoo as he looked up as the newcomer walked over. "Can I sit down?" Asked the newcomer. Moonbin nodded and motioned for him to pull up a chair. When the newcomer came and sat down after bringing a chair over Chanwoo cut straight to the case.

"What brings you to our city?" Asked Chanwoo. "Ah, just passing though, I thought I'd come by and say hello before returning home," said the newcomer. "What's your name?" Asked Chanwoo. "Donghan," said Donghan as he nodded. "Even in my home country your reputation is well known," he said. Chanwoo scratched the back of his head.

"What made you want to become public with your territory?" Asked Moonbin. "Ah, Eric," said Donghan. "He was your main guy for the country right?" He asked. Moonbin blinked. "Old man Eric?" He asked. "What happened to him?" He asked. "Werewolf hunters got him," said Donghan. "He left his part of the information network to my pack and I and so I started contacting everyone," he said.

"He died from werewolf hunters?" Asked Chanwoo. Donghan nodded. "God damn," growled Jinwoo. "He was a good guy what the hell," he said. "He just stopped changing, him and his pack," said Donghan. "Started to leave the stuff to us," he said. "I bet you he did that on purpose," said Chanwoo. "No one in his pack worked for Kris," he said. Jinhwan hummed. "This is quite the predicament," he said.

"Well," said Moonbin. "Who's the leader of your pack?" He asked. "I am," said Donghan. "Which is why I came to Berlin directly," he said. "Much to the dismay of my packmates," he said, chuckling some as he scratched the back of his head.

"Who's your youngest?" Asked Chanwoo. "I am," said Donghan as he shrugged. "I earned it through the years but," he said. Chanwoo hummed in response. Moonbin blinked. "Oh," he said. "Oh?" Asked Jinhwan. Donghan hummed, his head tilting to the side. "Well, I didn't expect to find my mate today either," he said. "Same," said Chanwoo. "I'm a pure blood werewolf, what about you?" He asked. "I am too," said Donghan.

"And you've found one of your mates already?" He asked. Chanwoo nodded. "In Moonbin then?" Asked Donghan. "Yes," said Moonbin. "Well, I couldn't've found a better mate," Donghan said with a snort. "Nothing wrong with that of course," he added. "But I have yet to find my other mate," he said.

"Well, I guess I need to give my usual warnings again," Jinhwan said with a snicker. Moonbin and Chanwoo groaned. "Please don't," said Chanwoo. "That was embarrassing the first time!" Said Moonbin. "All I'm going to say is you're on your own here," Jinwoo said with a snicker.

"All I'm going to say this time is keep him happy alright?" Asked Jinhwan. "Of course," said Donghan. "I have no intentions of rejecting Chanwoo when I don't even have my other mate yet," he said. "Good," said Jinhwan.