Chapter 2

The Hunter and The Informant

Chanwoo was working the front of the shop today, as Moonbin took his spot in the back to do some information gathering. The two of them worked as a team, and if it involved 'shifters Moonbin was left to do the job. It's what had made the both of them the top information gatherers in the world with their various sources all over the world in the first place.

Sanha was working today with Chanwoo and Rocky, the three of them manning the front of the coffee shop. Jinwoo got a much needed few days off but had to spend his vacation with Eunwoo who had to go to the states to check on Kino at MJ's request. Activity from the humans seemed to pick up as Jinwoo was gone so they had to focus on the coffee shop side of the business for now, only focusing on other things when they directly asked for Chanwoo or Moonbin.

The door chimed during a quiet part of the day and Chanwoo looked up from his phone to spot Jisung and Kihyun. "Oh, hey you two," he said. "Finally reached Germany after spending months in Poland eh?" He asked. "Ugh, I wonder how the non-human hunters can spend months or even years away from home," said Jisung as he sat down. "We're used to it," said Kihyun as he went to order two coffees before going to sit down in front of Jisung.

"Hunters have learned to not get too attached to the places they call home," said Moonbin as he walked over with their coffee after taking a break from locating Kino's home pack. "You missed your faction leader you know, he was here last week," he said as he put the tray of coffee down before sitting down. "Really? Man, it would've been cool to see Taeseon again," said Jisung.

"So, where are you headed next?" Asked Moonbin. "We're all over Germany for the next month or so before moving to the Ukraine," said Jisung. "We'll be hitting up all the countries on the way there by train and then taking a plane out to Asia," he said. "Most of the missions after Germany are small so we're just taking trains to the various cities we need to get to," he said.

"This your second year on the road?" Asked Moonbin. "Yeah, I turned 23 last week," said Jisung. "Happy belated birthday," said Moonbin. "2 more years, this is going to be fun," Jisung said with a sigh. Kihyun chuckled some. "You asked for a long term mission, you got it," he said. "I guess," Jisung said, sighing a bit.

"You got a place to stay while you're here?" Asked Moonbin. "Yeah," said Jisung. "My pack works for Kris so I asked Yixing if we could stay a few nights," said Kihyun. "Ah, I see," said Moonbin. "Good luck on your missions then," he said, getting up and heading back to the backroom.

Chanwoo was cleaning the machines when the door chimed again as someone entered. "Oh, hey you're back," said Sanha. Yunhyeong scratched the back of his head. "Just had to see if Chan and his pack were alright," he said. "Hey bro," said Chanwoo. "The usual?" He asked. "Sure," said Yunhyeong as he went to sit by the windows. Chanwoo went to make the drink, keeping his head down as he did so.

"We'll be around then," called Jisung as he got up and left with Kihyun after they finished their coffee. "See you around," called Sanha and Chanwoo. Rocky went to clean up their table and Sanha brought over Yunhyeong's coffee before going back to the counter to enjoy a lazy rest of the afternoon.

"I love how when Jinwoo is here the activity picks up but when he's gone we have dead days," said Sanha as they went to close the coffee shop. "Yeah, well," Chanwoo said with a chuckle. "How was Paris Yunhyeong?" He asked. "Fine," said Yunhyeong. "Not much happened, just had to get the reports from Chan and his pack," he said. Chanwoo nodded.

Moonbin walked out of the backroom after locking up everything, sighing. "How's it looking?" Asked Chanwoo. "If I had more than just his name and date of birth it'd be more helpful but," said Moonbin as he put his hands in his pockets. "I also have Taehyun's file on hand along with Hongseok and Hyojung's but they're not much more helpful," he said.

"Who's turn is it to make dinner tonight?" Asked Rocky. "Mine," said Chanwoo. "I'll help, I guess," said Moonbin. "Need to talk about something?" Asked Chanwoo. Moonbin nodded. "Alright," said Chanwoo. After locking the front door of the coffee shop everyone headed home.

Chanwoo worked on dinner with Moonbin, focusing on making it for a few minutes before Moonbin decided to break the silence. "Are you alright?" Asked Moonbin. "What do you mean?" Asked Chanwoo. "You've been different since reuniting with your brothers and their pack," said Moonbin.

"You can believe that I'm happy to see them again," said Chanwoo. "Trust me, if I was uncomfortable with them I wouldn't've fought to get them to join," he said. "I admit that it saddens me to see the fruits of their fight to stay alive during their time as werewolf hunters but," he said, sighing a bit. Moonbin hummed in response.

Dinner was quiet, everyone making small talk and Chanwoo got to catch up with his brother, having not seen Yunhyeong in a month. The atmosphere was different, Chanwoo was happier than he had been in a while. Everyone picked up on the good mood, with Sanha making jokes after a bit of hesitance. Everyone laughed at the jokes, with Chanwoo cracking his own joke after Sanha finished his jokes.

After dinner Yunhyeong was cracking jokes and groan inducing puns. Everyone went to clean up dinner and Yunhyeong and Chanwoo washed the dishes. "I heard the conversation," said Yunhyeong. "It's alright," he said. "We fought for many years," he said. "Even if it doesn't seem like it but everyone is happy to finally be out of that hell," he said.

Chanwoo turned to face Yunhyeong as he finished drying the dishes. "You took my news of being alive the whole time quite well," he said. "I always had a hunch that you were alive," said Yunhyeong as he turned to Chanwoo. "But that's fine," he said. "You know how Jinhwan is when he has his mind set on something," he said. Chanwoo snorts. "This is why I prefer you over him," he said. Yunhyeong laughs, and gave Chanwoo a hug. "I'm happy you're back in our lives," he said. "The atmosphere is definitely better now," he said before moving away. "You going to be fine tonight?" Asked Chanwoo. "Yeah, don't worry," said Yunhyeong as he left the kitchen.

Moonbin came over and hugged Chanwoo from behind, humming into his back. "It's going to be a long night isn't it?" He asked. "Yeah," Chanwoo said, sighing as he turned and hugged Moonbin. "Let's get to bed," he said. "Yes, let's," said Moonbin. They headed up to their room to go to sleep.