Chapter 4

The Hunter and The Informant

Chanwoo woke to Yunhyeong having nightmares again, groaning as he moved to get up. Moonbin was already sitting up, looking at Chanwoo. "I'll get him," said Chanwoo as he got up and left the room. Moonbin got up and followed after Chanwoo to make sure things were alright.

Sanha and Rocky had gone to see what was wrong as Chanwoo went to get Yunhyeong out of the blankets he had tangled himself into. "Hey," Chanwoo said softly as he gently shook Yunhyeong awake. "It's alright, it's just nightmares," he said. Yunhyeong whimpered as he sat up, breathing hard. "It's alright, it's alright," said Chanwoo as he brought Yunhyeong into his arms.

"Sorry," mumbled Yunhyeong once he calmed down. "Didn't mean to wake you," he said. "It's alright," said Chanwoo as he moved away. "We all have nightmares at one point," he said. "Do you want someone to stay with you?" He asked. Yunhyeong thought about it before nodding. Chanwoo turned to Moonbin, then to Sanha and Rocky. "I'll do it," Sanha said, stepping forward. "Call for us if anything else happens okay?" Asked Moonbin. Sanha nodded and everyone left the room.

"I know your brothers and their pack are one of the most feared in the world but, is this just a front?" Asked Moonbin once they were back in their room. "I'd think so," said Chanwoo. "But I know that they don't want anyone to see that side of them," he said. "Pride and everything, the like," he added. Moonbin hummed, nodding.

The next day everyone was at the coffee shop again, with Yunhyeong helping Moonbin with the search as Chanwoo helped out front with Rocky and Sanha. They weren't expecting much today since most of the hunters had left Berlin by now but there was still the off chance that someone would arrive.

"How was he last night?" Chanwoo asked Sanha. "Fine," said Sanha. "I think he just needed someone in the room with him," he said. "Yeah I can understand that," said Chanwoo as he leaned against the counter, sighing a bit.

"Are the others like this too?" Asked Rocky. "I don't know," said Chanwoo. "We've never just had one of them at a time," he said. "That is true," said Sanha. "Don't worry about it for now," said Rocky. "If it happens again we'll move him into mine or Sanha's room to sleep," he said. "That's up to him at that point but yeah," said Chanwoo.

"Ah, I'm going to pick up Eunwoo and Jinwoo from the airport, anyone need anything?" Asked Moonbin as he came out of the backroom with Yunhyeong. "No, go ahead," said Chanwoo. Rocky and Sanha nod. Moonbin nodded and left with Yunhyeong.

"Moonbin," said Yunhyeong as Moonbin drove to the airport. "Hm?" Asked Moonbin. "Am I... Am I a burden?" Asked Yunhyeong. "No," said Moonbin. "What gave you that idea?" He asked. "The conversation in the front," said Yunhyeong. Moonbin sighed. "Don't ever think you're a burden alright?" He asked. "They're just worried for you," he said. "Trust me, Chanwoo used to have nightmares too," he said.

"How did he stop them?" Asked Yunhyeong. "Well, the obvious would be me since I'm his mate and all, he feels safer with someone in the same room as him," said Moonbin. "I think it's the same for you too," he said. "Your pack has been through so much, it's only natural that you'd get nightmares from time to time," he said.

"Would- Would anyone object to me sleeping in the same room with them? At least until one of the others get back?" Asked Yunhyeong. "I'm sure no one minds," said Moonbin. "But keep in mind, Jinwoo and Eunwoo sleep in Rocky and Sanha's room respectively," he said. "You'd have to get their permission too, if you want to sleep in either Rocky's or Sanha's rooms," he said. Yunhyeong nodded.

Eunwoo and Jinwoo were waiting outside the terminal for them when Moonbin pulled up in the jeep. "Welcome back you two," said Moonbin. Yunhyeong gave a shy wave, and Eunwoo and Jinwoo smiled in greeting. "Need help?" Asked Yunhyeong. "Yeah," said Eunwoo. Yunhyeong nodded and got out to help them load their luggage into the trunk. Jinwoo and Eunwoo went to get what Yunhyeong couldn't and packed it into the trunk. After getting everything loaded and getting into the jeep Moonbin drove off, heading home to unload the luggage before heading to the coffee shop.

Chanwoo was busy writing something down when the door chimed. He looked up and tilted his head to the side. "Mingyu, Minho what's up?" He asked. "Missions," said Mingyu as he shrugged. "And Minho's never been here so," he said. "The usual then?" Asked Chanwoo. Mingyu nodded. "Rocky," Chanwoo called, pulling up their order and taking the card from Mingyu to swipe it before handing it back. Rocky came out of the backroom to make their order.

Chanwoo continued to write something down, looking deep in thought as he did so. "What are you writing down?" Asked Sanha as he walked over. "Just thinking of a few things, and writing them down," said Chanwoo as he stopped writing.

Moonbin came into the coffee shop after dropping off Eunwoo and Jinwoo with Yunhyeong walking behind him. "Hello Mingyu, Minho," said Moonbin. "Hello Moonbin, Yunhyeong," said Mingyu as he nodded in greeting. Minho waved.

"Need help?" Asked Moonbin. "We're good here," said Chanwoo. "Tomorrow Jinwoo's working again," he said. "Of course," said Moonbin. "Tomorrow we need to get food," he said. "I want to go," said Yunhyeong. "Sure," said Chanwoo. "Ask Eunwoo, I'm sure he's okay with it," he said. Yunhyeong nodded.

When closing time came around Eunwoo and Jinwoo came by to help close up the shop. Minho and Mingyu had left earlier, going on their missions. It was Jinwoo's turn to make dinner and Yunhyeong helped him. Dinner was quiet for the most part, with everyone making small talk.

"Kino's hanging in there," said Eunwoo as he updated Moonbin on Kino's condition. "That's good at least," said Moonbin. "I'm surprised he's doing so well after so long," he said. "Well, he only had one injection so," Eunwoo said with a shrug. "Ah, that is true," said Moonbin.

After dinner Yunhyeong was hesitant on asking Sanha and Eunwoo if he could be in their room that night, but a nudge from Chanwoo got him to finally ask. "Ah, Eunwoo, Sanha," called Yunhyeong. "Yes?" Asked Eunwoo as he turned to look at Yunhyeong. "Do you mind if I stay in your room for a few nights?" Asked Yunhyeong.

Eunwoo turned to Sanha. "Ah, he's been having nightmares again," said Sanha. "I think it'd be better if he was in a room with someone," he said. "You know how Chan was when Moonbin was gone," he said. Eunwoo hummed in response. "Okay," he finally said.

"Do you want my bed, Sanha's bed, or the floor?" He asked. "Ah, I'm fine with the floor," said Yunhyeong. "Alright," said Eunwoo. "Go and get what you need from your room," he said. Yunhyeong nodded and went to get ready for bed, going back to Eunwoo and Sanha's room with a blanket and pillow.

Moonbin and Chanwoo were in their room, laying in their bed and just talking. "It's good that Eunwoo let him stay with them for a few nights," said Chanwoo. "Eunwoo's understanding," said Moonbin. "There's a reason he's one of my betas," he said. "And he's more understanding than people give him credit for," he said. "He's perceptive isn't he?" Asked Chanwoo. "That's why he's more of the medic of the pack," he said. Moonbin nodded. "Perceptive and smart, he is a good kid," he said. "You say that when you're younger than him," Chanwoo said with a snicker. Moonbin laughs, shaking his head.

"What happened while I was gone?" Asked Jinwoo as he turned to Rocky. "Ah, just Yunhyeong having nightmares," said Rocky. "Also people making fun of his scars like usual, Yunhyeong just needs company right now," he said. "I see," said Jinwoo. "Nothing against that," he added. "You're used to the rather... Violent reputation they have, yeah that's normal," said Rocky. "But we shouldn't judge them for it," he said. Jinwoo hummed in response, nodding.