Chapter 3

The Hunter and The Informant

Moonbin had become just as frustrated as Chanwoo had been while doing the search for Kino's home pack. It wasn't that a name and date of birth wasn't enough. It was one of those situations where the pack simply couldn't be found. There were quite a few unidentified 'shifter packs all over Europe but their sources at least knew of a few of the locations of some of them.

"Ugh, I know how you feel now with this one," said Moonbin as he leaned back in his chair while Chanwoo was on his laptop going over what packs there were in a document. "You know, I don't think this was a pack of wolf 'shifters," said Chanwoo as he looked up from the laptop screen. "You think?" Asked Moonbin. "It's quite possible," said Chanwoo.

"If you remember, 'shifter packs are made up of more than one species usually, I mean look at Jaehyun's," he said. "We're the same in a way, except we're 'shifters and werewolves," he said. "I think that might narrow it down a bit, but we need to look somewhere other than Europe," said Moonbin. "I've covered all of Europe by now," he said. Chanwoo nodded. "I'll go to Africa then," he said. "I'll start in Asia," said Moonbin as he went to put the documents away and went to grab the documents for Asia and coming back to sit down. "We need to scan all these," he said. "I already got Europe and Africa on the laptop," said Chanwoo. "It wouldn't be hard to get the Americas and Asia," he said. Moonbin hummed in response.

"Chan, someone's asking for you," Rocky called. Chanwoo groaned and got up, closing the document for now. "I'll be back in a few minutes," he said before leaving the backroom.

"Hey Chan," said Taehyun. "Oh, giving the report then?" Asked Chanwoo as he walked over and sat down in front of Taehyun. "That and I came to give a bit more info," said Taehyun as he handed Chanwoo a piece of paper. "Kino sent you then?" Asked Chanwoo as he tucked the paper into his back pocket. Taehyun nodded. "Also Eunwoo and Jinwoo are on their way back," he said. "Alright," said Chanwoo.

"What information do you have for me?" He asked. "Japan," said Taehyun. "And no they weren't all wolf 'shifters, just my parents, Hongseok, Kino, Hyojung and I," he said. "Kino and Hyojung were orphans," he said. "I don't know if they're still in Japan now but," he said, shrugging. Chanwoo hummed. "That narrows the search quite a bit," he said.

"Sorry, it took quite a bit to remember, even Hongseok doesn't remember where our home pack was located," said Taehyun. "It's possible that Kino might be searching for the pack he came from, before he had been picked up by your home pack," said Chanwoo. "It is possible," agreed Taehyun.

"How is Kino?" Asked Chanwoo. "He's doing fine, he finally broke the span of bad days and is transitioning into the good days," said Taehyun. "That's good then," said Chanwoo. "I'll be sure to focus on our sources in Asia, I think I know who to try and contact," he said. Taehyun nodded. "Good luck," he said. Chanwoo nodded and got up before heading into the backroom.

"Who was it?" Asked Moonbin. "Taehyun," said Chanwoo as he sat down and put the report on the table to look at later. "I need to contact Jeonguk," he said, opening up Skype and seeing if they were online. "We got it really narrowed down then?" Asked Moonbin. "Japan, but I think it's not their pack Kino's looking for," said Chanwoo. "It's the pack he came from," he said. "I think Kino's trying to find his parents," he said. "See if you can get Nickhun on the line," he said. "Sure," said Moonbin as he went to do so.

"Well, this is awkward," said Jeonguk as he sat down in front of the computer. "How's things in South Korea?" Asked Chanwoo. "Just fine, what do you need Chanwoo?" Asked Jeonguk. "I need help finding a pack of 'shifters," said Chanwoo. "Possibly wolf 'shifters but keep mixed 'shifter packs in mind," he said.

"I'll see what I can do, who sent you on this one?" Asked Jeonguk. "It's a personal mission, for a friend," said Chanwoo. "I see, alright, I'll contact you if anything comes up," said Jeonguk before he hung up. Chanwoo sighed and shook his head before leaning back in his chair. He then got up and went to get the scanner and started scanning in all the packs for the Americas and most of Asia, leaving Japan to Moonbin.

"You needed me?" Asked Nickhun. "Hey, sorry to bother you but I need help finding a pack," said Moonbin. "What pack is this?" Asked Nickhun. "A 'shifter pack, keep wolf 'shifters in mind but also keep in mind mixed packs," said Moonbin. "Also, keep Japan in mind but don't be afraid to branch out around your section of Asia," he said. "I can do that," said Nickhun. "Who is this for?" He asked. "I'll send you a name and date of birth since that's all we have of him," said Moonbin.

"I should probably do the same to Jeonguk," mumbled Chanwoo as he went to do so. "Ah, okay, anything else?" Asked Nickhun. "Keep in mind for deceased members too? I was told they were an orphan before being picked up by another pack," said Moonbin. "Sure," said Nickhun before he hung up. Moonbin went to send the text of the information before handing Japan's list of packs to Chanwoo for him to scan.

Chanwoo looked over the report while the papers were being scanned, humming in thought as he read over the report. "Anything new happening?" Asked Moonbin as he looked over Chanwoo's shoulder. "Not really, just Jinho and his pack getting Chicago, the Washington state pack is gone, Taehyun getting a new member of his pack," said Chanwoo. "Also Jaehwan now has a territory," he said, going to put the report through the scanner.

"I was there for that, technically speaking," said Moonbin. "Right, you went after they contacted you," said Chanwoo. Moonbin nodded. They both turned when Yunhyeong walked into the backroom. "What's up?" Asked Chanwoo. "I needed a break from the front for a few minutes," said Yunhyeong. "Are people whispering about the scars again?" Asked Chanwoo. Yunhyeong nodded. Chanwoo sighed. "Okay, I'll take your place," he said before going into the front room.

"Don't let it get to you," said Moonbin. "I try not to but," said Yunhyeong as he sat down. "Just be careful," said Moonbin. "I know how easily angered your kind can get," he said. "Which is why I left the front room," said Yunhyeong. "Come on," said Moonbin. "Help me put these files away okay?" He asked, getting up. Yunhyeong nodded and went to help put the files away.

"Hyung," said Sanha. "Hm?" Asked Chanwoo. "Why are humans so judgmental?" He asked. "Well," said Chanwoo as he tried to put together an answer. "Look at it this way," chimed in Rocky. "You know how most gangs have tattoos all over their bodies?" He asked. Sanha nodded. "It's like that, except they don't know about our world," said Rocky. "Anything visible will be judged to no end," he said.

"Werewolves aren't like you 'shifters," said Chanwoo. "Any physical damage like that will stay," he said. "Well, unlike Kino and Jinho but," he said, shrugging. "I see," said Sanha. "Let's not judge people by the physical scars they carry alright?" Asked Chanwoo. "You never know what emotional scars they carry," he said. "Okay," said Sanha.