Chapter 13

The Hunter and The Informant

Yuto and Sanha got to know each other, taking Renjun and Jinhwan's shifts at the coffee shop to test how Yuto could handle the rush in a setting like this. Chanwoo kept an eye on him, while Eunwoo and Junhoe delivered the orders.

Everyone had their own errands today it seemed, as for most of the day none of the members of their pack showed up. That was fine with everyone, as it had been a mostly busy day from the humans at least.

During an empty part of the day Yunhyeong and Hongseok stopped by to see how everything was. "Hey bro, Hongseok," said Chanwoo as he nodded. "Yo," said Yunhyeong. "Hi," said Hongseok. "Yuto not slowing you guys down?" Asked Yunhyeong. "No," said Yuto as he shook his head. "I'm used to the rush we get in the mornings so," he said, shrugging.

"It didn't take long for him to start making drinks, we basically started calling out drinks in English and he knew what to do after Sanha showed him," said Chanwoo. "I see," said Yunhyeong. "Should've seen how we did it in Toronto," Hongseok said with a chuckle. "Oh god," said Yuto. "I manned the register, and Yanan and Hyojung just made drinks as a team," he said. "I don't know how they did all that without complaining but," he said, laughing some.

"The usual then?" Asked Chanwoo. "Sure," said Yunhyeong as he handed the cash to Chanwoo. Chanwoo rang up the order and handed the order to Yuto and Sanha. Yunhyeong and Hongseok went to sit and wait for their order.

"You know," said Chanwoo as Eunwoo delivered the drinks to the table. "I wonder how Sanggyun can live with his human when he knows of our world," he said. "He probably grew up like that," said Sanha. "He is part dog, it seems like he's more dog than wolf," he said. "He made it seem like he's encountered our kind before," said Chanwoo as he looked down at his phone when he got a text. "It's not like the supernatural world is filled with just us," said Junhoe. Chanwoo hummed in response as he responded to the text. "I mean I knew that but," he said. "It just seems a bit odd you know?" He asked. "I guess," said Eunwoo.

"Who texted you?" Asked Yuto. "Ah, Donghan," said Chanwoo. "He's coming over now?" Asked Sanha. "He said they just arrived in Berlin so, I guess," said Chanwoo. "I just told them to come to the coffee shop so," he said, shrugging. "So he's coming with his other pack member who we haven't seen," said Eunwoo. "This should be interesting," he said. "Especially after the incident," said Chanwoo.

The door chimed and in walked in another familiar face. "Oh, Dowoon, Junhyuk, and Wonwoo," said Chanwoo. "Hey," said Junhyuk as he grinned. "Bringing reports Wonwoo?" Asked Sanha. "Yes," said Wonwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "Visiting your brother Dowoon?" Asked Chanwoo. "We were in the area," said Dowoon as he shrugged. Chanwoo hummed. "We'll get the usual, to go," said Wonwoo as he handed Chanwoo the cash along with the report. Chanwoo rung up the order before handing the order to Sanha and Yuto.

Chanwoo read the report while the others chilled for the next hour or so. "Seems things are finally in order over there," he said as he folded up the report and put it in the register to get scanned later. "I think this is one of those days," said Sanha. "It's because Jinwoo isn't working," Chanwoo said with a snicker. That caused a chuckle to escape everyone as the door chimed.

"Oh you finally came around," said Chanwoo. "Oh hush," said Kyuhyun as he shrugged. "I trust no one to deliver the reports you know that," he said. "Right," said Chanwoo. "Well, the usual then?" He asked. "Sure," said Kyuhyun as he walked over to give the report and the money. "To go," he added. Chanwoo nodded and processed the order before handing the order to Yuto. Kyuhyun soon left after getting his order, and Chanwoo was left to read over the report.

Donghan, Kenta and Longguo entered the coffee shop about 10 minutes later. "Hey guys," said Chanwoo. "Yo," said Donghan. "Sorry, we had to stop by the pack house to let the others know we were here," he said. "Could've just came here, everyone knew you were coming," said Chanwoo. "I told you," Kenta said, sighing. Donghan scratched the back of his head.

"So who's this?" Asked Chanwoo as he noticed Longguo. "This is Longguo," said Donghan. "Nice to meet you," said Longguo. "Same," said Chanwoo. "The usual then?" He asked Donghan. "Sure," said Donghan as he walked up to the counter with the cash. Chanwoo processed the order before handing it to Yuto. Donghan, Kenta and Longguo went to find a place to sit and wait for their order.

A frantic Sanggyun ran into the coffee shop a bit later, looking panicked. "You have to help my human! Please!" He said, going up to Chanwoo. Chanwoo blinked. "What's wrong?" He asked. "He's in the hospital and they won't let me go see him," said Sanggyun as a sob escaped him. "Please... Please help him," he said.

"Yuto, stay with him, Eunwoo, come with me, Yunhyeong, tell Moonbin what's going on, Sanha you stay with Yuto and Sanggyun," said Chanwoo. "I think he needs a human's company right now," he said, turning to Yuto. Yuto blinked, nodding. "Come on Eunwoo," said Chanwoo before he left. Eunwoo went out after him.

"Are they at Yixing's hospital?" Asked Eunwoo. "I think so, I got a text earlier about a dog wanting to go see his human but he wasn't allowed," said Chanwoo as he checked his phone. "We need to go see what's wrong, something doesn't seem right with this," he said. Eunwoo nodded.

When they got to the hospital Yixing was waiting for them. "What's the status?" Asked Eunwoo. "Critical," said Yixing. "But surviving," he said. "Any x-rays? MRI's? Anything?" Asked Eunwoo as Yixing lead them to Hyunbin's room. "Just x-rays for the moment, he has something in his lungs," said Yixing. Eunwoo hummed, entering the room with Chanwoo and Yixing behind him. Eunwoo examined the x-ray closely, wondering what was the diagnosis.

"That's not blood is it?" He asked. "We did a thorough check, so no," said Yixing. "By thorough you brought a vampire in here to be sure?" Asked Eunwoo as he turned to Yixing. Yixing nodded. Eunwoo hummed, nodding. Chanwoo blinked. "Wait," he said. "Isn't that like what we've seen in 'shifters who had the drug in them?" He asked. Eunwoo blinked in surprise. "It is," he said.