Chapter 19

The Hunter and The Informant

Donghan, Kenta and Longguo prepared to leave, and the search for Kino's home pack increased twofold though Kino was completely fine with not knowing whether his home pack was still alive or not. Everyone fell in love with Changgu, the pup's charm winning over everyone within 10 minutes. Even Hanbin and Bobby's tough exterior melted once they got to know the dog.

MJ showed up a day after Kino arrived, having completed his missions. "I'm actually surprised that Shinwon and Jinho let you two come by yourselves," said Chanwoo when MJ walked into the cafe with Kino and Changgu. "It took a bit of convincing, and after Changgu got certified as a service dog they finally agreed to let us go as just us," said Kino. "I just happened to get missions again," MJ said, scratching the back of his head.

"Good to see you again hyung," said Sanha as MJ ordered the usual, handing the cash to Chanwoo who processed it before handing the receipt back to MJ. "It's good to be around again," said MJ. Yuto and Sanha were making drinks while Jinhwan and Yunhyeong were delivering the drinks that day.

"Where's the rest of the gang?" Asked MJ. "Doing their thing, our visitors are getting ready to head back to their pack house," said Chanwoo. "I see," said MJ.

"Enjoying life in Berlin Yuto?" He asked. "It's okay," said Yuto. "It'd be better if I could understand the language a bit better," he said, chuckling slightly. Everyone laughed at that, and MJ and Kino went to find a place to sit.

"You know who I miss?" Asked Sanha. "Hyunbin?" Asked Chanwoo. "Well," Sanha said, scratching the back of his head. "Yeah," he said. "Sanggyun is keeping his promise it seems," said Jinhwan. "It's good that he does," said Yunhyeong. "We don't need anymore humans in our world despite the fact that he already is a part of it, sort of," he said.

"He's only a part of it by association," said Chanwoo. "He's not directly involved unless someone directly involves him in something," he said. "Namely his wolf-dog but," he said, shrugging. "Hopefully nothing happens to him like what had happened to those who end up being put into blood dens," he said. "Hopefully," agreed everyone.

The door chimed a bit later and in walked in two familiar faces. "Oh, Donghun, Luna what's up?" Asked Chanwoo. "Sorry for being late on bringing reports, we were out doing missions for Kris," said Donghun as he scratched the back of his head. "I can't really go anywhere by myself right now," said Luna. "That's understandable," said Chanwoo. "The usual then?" He asked. "Sure," said Donghun as he walked up to the counter and handed Chanwoo the cash. Chanwoo processed the order and handed the receipt back to Donghun. Donghun and Luna went to find a place to sit while Chanwoo read over the report.

"It's good to see the U.K. is somewhat back to normal after everything," said Chanwoo as he looked up at Donghun. "It's taken a few years but yeah," said Donghun as he nodded. "No vampire activity for a while, which is good," he said. "That's good," said MJ. "I remember being part of the team sent to track down other blood dens through out the country," he said. "I think we got them all, but there's always going to be more popping up," he said.

"Considering my brother comes by regularly yeah," said Donghun. "Woojin's just looking out for you," said Chanwoo. "I'd expect nothing less from family," he said. "We do the same thing," said Jinhwan. "I think anyone would do anything for family in this world," said Sanha.

In the afternoon Donghan, Kenta and Longguo entered the coffee shop after getting packed. "Leaving so soon?" Asked Chanwoo. "Not yet," said Donghan. "But Longguo wants to apologize," he said. Chanwoo raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry," said Longguo. "We are known to lose our tempers and well," he said, shrugging. Chanwoo hummed, nodding. "It doesn't give you the excuse to accuse my brother of attacking Donghan, we had everyone who was there even say nothing happened," he said.

"Longguo," said Jinhwan. "Were you ever a beta at one point?" He asked. "Yes," said Longguo. "I was a natural beta and I became an alpha after some circumstances happened before I joined their pack," he said. "Well," said Chanwoo. "That makes more sense now," he said.

"I'm sorry," said Longguo. "It's alright," said Jinhwan. "Betas turned alphas are very known for their tempers," he said. "Bobby is the same way," he said. "He killed the alpha of a werewolf pack back when we were werewolf hunters so," he said, shrugging. "Well," said Donghan. "That's unfortunate," he said. "He's gotten better at controlling his anger but," Yunhyeong said, shrugging. "Reminds me of Hyojung when you piss him off enough," said Kino.

"The usual then?" Asked Chanwoo. "Sure," said Donghan as he walked forward and handed the cash to Chanwoo. Chanwoo nodded and processed the order before handing the receipt to Donghan. Donghan, Longguo and Kenta went to find a place to sit.

The rest of the day sped by quickly, with Chanwoo anticipating the time that Donghan was supposed to leave with his packmates. "I want to discuss something with you before you leave," said Chanwoo. "What is it?" Asked Donghan as he stood outside with Chanwoo, Kenta and Longguo.

"Well," said Chanwoo. "I wanted to know if you wanted to become our allies?" He asked. "For what reason?" Asked Donghan. "More to keep you safe from werewolf hunters," said Chanwoo. "You're my mate and everything but it doesn't apply when you're out of the country," he said. "Being your ally does?" Asked Donghan. Chanwoo nodded.

Donghan turned to Kenta and Longguo. "I'd be fine with it," said Kenta. "Sure," said Longguo. "As much as I want to stay we have an information network to run," said Donghan as he turned back to Chanwoo. "Exactly," said Chanwoo. "We're bound by fate but separated due to our jobs," he said, sighing a bit.

"We'll come visit soon," said Donghan. "Don't worry about that," he said. "I know you will," said Chanwoo. "Just be careful," he said. "We will," said Donghan before he left with Longguo and Kenta.