Chapter 12

The Hunter and The Informant

When Yunhyeong and the others arrived, Junhoe had arrived with them, meeting at the coffee shop when Chanwoo was working with Renjun, Jinwoo, Rocky and Jinhwan. Chanwoo was at the register, Renjun and Jinhwan were making drinks and Rocky and Jinwoo were delivering drinks.

Chanwoo looked up when he heard the door chime, grinning when he saw who it was. "Hey bro," he said. Yunhyeong smiled, scratching the back of his head. "Hey," he said. "Hey Hanbin, Bobby, Junhoe," said Chanwoo. The three of them wave, going to find a table. "What can I get you?" Asked Chanwoo as Yunhyeong walked up to the counter with Hongseok and Yuto. "The usual, for everyone," said Yunhyeong as he handed Chanwoo the cash. Chanwoo nodded and processed the order and handed it to Renjun and Jinhwan. "Good to see you again," said Jinhwan. Yunhyeong nodded. "Same to you," he said before going to join the others at the table with Hongseok and Yuto.

"Ah, we should've asked Jaemin to come along," said Renjun as he and Jinhwan made the drinks. "I doubt that Chani would've let it happen unless he went with them," said Chanwoo. "We can see if they want to Skype later," he said. "I guess," said Renjun. Rocky delivered the drinks to Yunhyeong's table, nodding to everyone. "Good to see you guys back," he said. Everyone nodded. Rocky put the tray down before leaving, heading back to get more orders.

Moonbin, Eunwoo and Sanha came into the coffee shop a little bit later in the afternoon when it was empty after hearing that everyone was back. "Hey 'Bin!" Said Chanwoo as he grinned in greeting. "Yo," Moonbin said with a smile in return. "The rest of the wolves returned then?" He asked. Chanwoo nodded, gesturing to the full table where everyone was laughing about something Yunhyeong had said. "Well, it explains your good mood," Moonbin said with a chuckle. Chanwoo scratched the back of his head.

Moonbin walked over to the crowded table with Sanha and Eunwoo. "Hey guys, how was missions?" He asked. "Pretty good," said Yunhyeong. "It went fine," said Bobby. Hanbin nodded in agreement. Junhoe shrugged. "It went okay," he said. "Just boring missions now," he said. "I see," said Moonbin. "Congrats, on finding your other mate Yunhyeong," he said, smiling softly. Yunhyeong beamed. "It was unexpected to be fair, but we both found our mates in each other," he said. Hongseok scratched the back of his head.

"What brings you along Yuto?" Asked Moonbin. "Just wanted to sight see," said Yuto. "And I've heard so much about this coffee shop, might as well see what it's like," he said. "Good things I hope," said Eunwoo as he chuckled some. "Most were good," Yuto said, taking a sip of his coffee. "But experiencing this place is an entirely new experience," he said.

"How's Kino been?" Asked Moonbin. "Fine," said Hongseok. "He wanted to come along but they had to train Changgu to be a service dog, in case he starts having some bad days," he said. "When we left MJ just got back apparently so," he said, shrugging. "And yes, he wants to find the pack he came from," he said. "That makes a lot more sense now," said Moonbin. "Kino and Hyojung were from the same pack before they were picked up by your home pack right?" He asked. Hongseok nodded.

"Why would be looking for that pack though?" Wondered Sanha. "Probably wondering if there is a chance he'd run into them," said Moonbin. "They probably don't even suspect him of being alive after his parents died," he said. "Same with Hyojung and his parents," he said. "Hm," said Yuto as he tilted his head slightly.

"Ah wait!" Said Sanha as he pointed to Yuto. "You run the coffee shop in Toronto don't you?!" He exclaimed. Yuto blinked. "Yes," he said. "No wonder why you wanted to come over," Moonbin said with a snicker. "Hey, it's just a regular Starbucks there," said Yuto as he shook his head. "I was genuinely curious of what it was like outside the country," he said.

The door chimed and in walked Sanggyun with Hyunbin, Sanggyun in his wolf-dog form. "Returned from a hunt then?" Asked Moonbin as he looked over. "Just finished a run yeah," said Hyunbin as he chuckled some. "Anything good?" Asked Moonbin. "Deer," said Hyunbin. "The usual then?" Called Chanwoo. "Please," said Hyunbin. "To go," he called. Sanggyun sat down, waiting on the order. Hyunbin went to pay for it, waiting for the order.

"He's an animal hunter?" Asked Yunhyeong. "His wolf-dog is one of those animal humans," said Moonbin. "It's how they found this place," he said. "I see," said Yunhyeong. "How did you know he was returning from a hunt?" Asked Yuto. "The clothes," said Moonbin. "Well, that and we do smell the blood, some of it anyway," he said. "We're not like the vampires but," he said, shrugging. "Hm," said Yuto. Hyunbin and Sanggyun soon left with their order.

After they closed the shop for the day everyone headed home. "Ah, where is the human going to sleep?" Chanwoo asked suddenly. Everyone turned to Yuto. "What?" Asked Yuto. "I'm fine anywhere," he said, shrugging. Sanha hummed. "Can he sleep in our room?" He asked Eunwoo. "I guess?" Asked Eunwoo as he blinked. "I guess I'll be in Rocky and Jinwoo's room again," Renjun said, scratching the back of his head.

"Wait," said Moonbin. "You've been acting strange since you met Yuto," he said to Sanha. Sanha blinked. "I guess," he said. "Did you find your mate in a human?" Asked everyone. Sanha scratched the back of his head. "This wasn't planned," said Yuto as he shrugged. "I know," said Moonbin as he turned to Yuto. "But do you realize how rare this is?" He asked. "Extremely?" Asked Yuto. Moonbin nodded.

When they got home the sleeping arrangements were switched up, and Renjun was fine with sleeping in Rocky and Jinwoo's room. Sanha was more open about the mate thing now, since he had been scared of the backlash, and Yuto was a shy stuttering mess when Sanha hugged him out of nowhere. Moonbin kept the death threats at bay, though everyone knew he was joking with those, but he warned Yuto to not break Sanha's heart. Jinhwan did the same thing with Hongseok and Yunhyeong, much to Yunhyeong's embarrassment. Chanwoo was left to laugh at Yunhyeong's embarrassment, though Jinhwan and Moonbin soon him for Donghan, who they hadn't seen since the incident.

Dinner was loud, everyone in a good mood and talking about their adventures. Hanbin and Bobby were just glad to be home, as were Yunhyeong and Junhoe. Yuto and Sanha sat together, well, every mate sat together, but Yuto and Sanha stood out due to their opposite personalities.

"Sorry if I decided to call at a weird time," said Donghan as he sat in front of the computer. "No problem," said Chanwoo as he sat down at the desk after dinner and put some headphones on. "What's up?" He asked. "Ah, I've been a bit busy, getting everything ready for our trip over again," said Donghan. "Right, you did message me saying you were coming over again," said Chanwoo.

"Is everything alright?" Asked Donghan. "Fine," said Chanwoo. "I have something to discuss with you when you get here, it's nothing bad I promise," he said. "If it's about the incident don't worry about it," said Donghan. "I'll be over with Kenta and Longguo," he said. "Another beta?" Asked Chanwoo. "Well, it's just us three now but yes," said Donghan. "We were with Eric's pack before they were killed off remember," he said. "Of course," said Chanwoo. "I'll see you in a few days then?" He asked. "Right, see you," said Donghan before he hung up.

Chanwoo was left to take his headphones off and lean back in his chair with a sigh. Moonbin came into the room, looking slightly concerned. "What's up?" He asked. "Donghan's coming over with his other two pack members," said Chanwoo. "I see," said Moonbin. "Jinhwan's forgiven for the incident but that's not what worries me," said Chanwoo. "No one in their pack are vampire hunters nor do they work for Kris," said Moonbin. "Exactly," said Chanwoo. "I think we may need to make them our allies," he said. "We'll discuss it when they get here," said Moonbin. "Hopefully they accept it," said Chanwoo. "Hopefully," agreed Moonbin.