Chapter 18

The Hunter and The Informant

It would be a couple hours before Hyunbin woke up again, finding everyone making small talk amongst themselves. Moonbin was the first to notice, turning to look at Hyunbin. "Hey, welcome back to the world," he said. "Hello," said Hyunbin as he coughed, covering his mouth. Sanggyun couldn't contain himself as he put down his human illusion, his tail wagging as he put his head on the bed, wanting to be pet. Hyunbin let out a breathless chuckle as he pet Sanggyun.

"How are you feeling?" Asked Chanwoo. "Better, thank you," said Hyunbin. "That's good," said Chanwoo. "What am I going to do with the medical bills?" Asked Hyunbin. "Don't worry about it," said Moonbin. "We have it covered," he said. "You don't have to," said Hyunbin. "It's alright, really," said Chanwoo. "We helped you, no need to pay us back," he said.

"I- Thank you," said Hyunbin. Chanwoo grinned. Yixing came into the room, coming to check on Hyunbin. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "A lot better," said Hyunbin. "Good, good," said Yixing. "You should be released in a couple days then, but I suggest you rest for a few more days after your release," he said. Hyunbin nodded. "Thank you," he said. Yixing smiled softly before patting Sanggyun on the head and leaving the room.

"Good news then?" Asked Yuto. "Yes," said Chanwoo. "He'll be released in a couple days," he said. "Nice," said Yuto. "Ah, I need to learn a bit more English it seems," said Hyunbin. Chanwoo chuckled. "Trust me, we have other people saying that too," he said. Everyone who spoke German chuckled at that.

Eunwoo came over with Hongseok after getting their shopping done. "Sorry, we got caught up in traffic," said Eunwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "No problem," said Chanwoo. Eunwoo went to check on Hyunbin after asking if it was okay to. He came to the same conclusion as Yixing did, nodding. "You can be released in a couple days," he said. "I know, the doctor came to the same conclusion," said Hyunbin. Eunwoo glanced at Moonbin. "Yixing stopped by," explained Moonbin. Eunwoo nodded.

"You guys aren't normal are you?" Asked Hyunbin. "What gave you that impression?" Asked Chanwoo as he tilted his head to the side. Rocky, Sanha, Jinwoo and Moonbin blinked, tilting their heads to the side. "Well," said Hyunbin. "You were able to see Sanggyun's human form," he said. "Ah," said Chanwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "I guess you can say that," he said. "But then again, what is normal now a days?" He asked, chuckling some. Hyunbin chuckled at that and everyone relaxed.

"You were almost found out weren't you?" Asked Yuto. Chanwoo shrugged. Sanha nodded. "I see," said Yuto. "I won't get more involved than I already have," said Sanggyun as he put up his human illusion. "I know how dangerous our world can get," he said. "I think it's for the best at that point," said Chanwoo. "Don't try to associate yourself with us, it only spells trouble," said Moonbin. "I figured," said Sanggyun. "You're welcome to keep stopping by the cafe," said Moonbin. "It's open to everyone anyway," he said. "If anything else goes wrong with your human come find us," he said. Sanggyun nodded.

"We'll be off then," said Moonbin. "If you need someone to come take you home just send Sanggyun to us," he said. Hyunbin nodded. "Thank you, for stopping by, I never had someone care that much for me before," he said. Moonbin forced a smile, nodding. "No problem," he said, turning to the others. "Let's head home then," he said in English.

"I hate to say it but," said Eunwoo as Moonbin drove home. "He's a very lonely human," he said. "It seems like it," said Yuto. "The whole time we were there he had no other visitors except us," he said. "Interesting," said Rocky. "I don't think he'll get anymore involved than just stopping by the coffee shop," said Jinwoo. "It seems that way," said Chanwoo.

"Hopefully he doesn't end up like what happened with Luna," said Moonbin. "It's not going to happen in our city," said Chanwoo. "We've kept this city free of vampires and their blood dens for decades now," he said. "That is true," said Sanha.

When they got home everyone else was back, sitting in the livingroom watching a movie. Chanwoo went to check on their prisoner as everyone piled around the TV and watched the movie with everyone else.

"I think we'll be heading out in the next couple days," said Donghan. "Well, that's fine," said Moonbin. "Just take Longguo with you," he said. "I think he's learned his lesson," said Donghan. "Yeah," said Kenta.

It was a few days later when Sanggyun walked into the coffee shop with his owner, his tail wagging in excitement. "Hey, good to see you two," said Chanwoo as he was working at the register. Yuto and Donghyuk were making drinks while Rocky and Jinwoo were delivering drinks. "Hey," said Hyunbin as he scratched the back of his head. "Thanks again for everything," he said. "No problem," said Chanwoo. "The usual then?" He asked. "Please," said Hyunbin. "And some water for Sanggyun," he said as he went up to pay for it.

"Ah, if Sanggyun's wondering where Renjun went, Felix and Seungmin picked him up yesterday," said Chanwoo as he processed the order. "Friends of his?" Asked Hyunbin. Chanwoo nodded. Sanggyun huffed, causing a chuckle to escape Chanwoo. "They've become friends," said Chanwoo. "Ah," said Hyunbin as Chanwoo handed him the change. Hyunbin went to sit and wait on his order with Sanggyun laying at his feet with his head on his paws, people watching.

The door chimed a bit later and in walked two familiar faces. "Oh! Kino!" Said Chanwoo. "Hey," Kino said, grinning in greeting. Changgu was by his side, his tail wagging. "I was not aware you'd be coming over," said Yuto as he blinked. "Moonbin knew," said Chanwoo. "Is it a good day?" He asked. "It's an okay day but I'll be fine," said Kino. "The usual?" Asked Chanwoo. "Sure," said Kino as he walked up to the counter with money. "Water for Changgu too," he said. "I know I know," said Moonbin as he processed the order and handed the change back to Kino. Kino went to sit down with Changgu laying down at his feet to people watch.

"Oi," said Donghyuk. "They're doing the exact same thing," he said, chuckling some. Chanwoo chuckled. "Who else came with him?" Asked Yuto. "I think it was MJ," said Chanwoo. "I'm sure we'll find out soon," he said. Yuto hummed in response.