Chapter 11

The Hunter and The Informant

"Moonbin," said Chanwoo as they were both in the front today, with Renjun making drinks with Moonbin as Rocky and Sanha delivered the orders. "Hm?" Asked Moonbin as focused on making drinks. "How'd that lead go?" Asked Chanwoo as he rang up more orders. "It ended at a dead end, the both of them," Moonbin said, sighing. "We'll get it, we usually do," said Chanwoo. "I know," said Moonbin. "That's not all you wanted to talk to me about is it?" He asked. "Can read me like an open book now," mumbled Chanwoo as he shook his head. Moonbin chuckled slightly.

"When you had to face the ultimate decision between your pack and your best friend, why did you choose the pack?" Asked Chanwoo. Moonbin hummed, trying to think of an answer. "Well," he said. "I think deep down the decision came down to one thing," he said. "If I decided to fight for my best friend and his... Preferences, there was a real chance I could've caused a war between Chani's brother Sunggyu and his coven and my pack," he said. "Right, back then being anything other than straight was forbidden," piped up Renjun. "I see," said Chanwoo.

"I didn't want to have a war on my hands, and I think even back then Chani understood the decision," said Moonbin. "He was quite upset by the outcome, the both of us having grown up together thanks to Sanha dragging me to work on the farm with him," he said with a chuckle. Sanha couldn't help the small smile and chuckle as he remembered how Chani and Moonbin met. "But," said Moonbin as he sighed a bit. "It did end a long time friendship, at least until he was turned," he said.

 

~



"Oi, that brat is here again," said MJ as he went to get Moonbin. "When will he ever learn," grumbled Moonbin as he went outside to tell Chani to go away. He froze when the stench of vampire filled his nose, blinking in surprise.

"'Bin," said Chani as he nodded. "Chani," said Moonbin, his body immediately going on the defensive. "What brings you to my pack house?" He asked warily. "I'd like to talk if you don't mind," said Chani as he had a bag slung over his shoulder. "And don't worry," he said, eyeing MJ. "I won't hurt him," he said. "Go inside MJ, this is a talk between us it seems," said Moonbin as he nodded. MJ looked wary but went back into the house.

"So you were turned then," said Moonbin. "I guess," said Chani as he shrugged. "Sunggyu did say he'd wait until I was 18," he said. "Are you really 18 now?" Asked Moonbin as he blinked in surprise. "Turned 18 a few months ago, why do you think Sanha disappeared for a few hours?" Asked Chani. "Ah, right," said Moonbin.

"I came to tell you that I'm leaving," said Chani. "I couldn't stay in a coven that didn't even want me so," he said. "Well," said Moonbin. "Good luck to you then," he said. Chani nodded and turned to walk away. "Oh yeah," he said as he turned back. "Good luck to you too, make me proud," he said before sprinting off.

 

~



"We did rekindle our friendship later down the line," said Moonbin. "But it was hard for him," he said. "Most would be turned away from a vampire who only hunted animals," agreed Chanwoo. "And the fact that he was gay, yeah that didn't sit well with many covens where the majority were males, well," said Moonbin as he sighed.

"When did it become public? When you two came out as mates?" Asked Renjun. "In the 60's? 70's? I forgot," said Chanwoo. "It was around that time yeah," said Moonbin. "We fought to get to the top, and we're still at the top," he said.

The door chimed and in walked Sanggyun by himself, his collar hanging loosely around his neck. "Well hello there," said Chanwoo. "Came by yourself I see," he said. "Ah, Hyunbin's at work," said Sanggyun. "I got bored," he said, shrugging. "What can I get you?" Asked Chanwoo. "The usual," said Sanggyun as he handed Chanwoo the money. Chanwoo processed the order and handed it off to Moonbin who went to make the drink. Chanwoo then handed the change back to Sanggyun who put it in his pants pocket before going to find a place to sit.

The door chimed a few minutes later and in walked a face they hadn't seen in months. "Oh, Dojoon, what brings you here?" Asked Chanwoo. "Bringing reports," said Dojoon. "And I have missions so I'm on my way out of Berlin," he said. "How's the pack doing?" Asked Chanwoo as he tilted his head to the side. "Just fine, and I'll have the usual," said Dojoon as he handed Chanwoo the money along with the report. "To go?" Asked Chanwoo. "Please," said Dojoon. Chanwoo nodded and processed the order before handing Dojoon back the change. Dojoon wondered off to wait for his order.

Chanwoo read over the report as he got more orders, humming to himself as he did so. It was another busy day, and everyone worked to get the orders out to the customers. Dojoon had disappeared as soon as he got his order, though Chanwoo knew that everyone had wished him luck on whatever missions they had for him.

Sanggyun was there for a few hours, until his owner came looking for him. "Came here again?" Asked Hyunbin as he entered the store. Sanggyun shrugged, grinning in response. "Well, good to know you're making friends," said Hyunbin as he walked up to the counter. "What can I get you?" Asked Chanwoo. "The usual please, to go," said Hyunbin as he handed Chanwoo the money. Chanwoo processed the order and handed back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, handing the order to Renjun. "What's the usual?" Asked Renjun. "Just coffee," said Chanwoo. "Got it," said Renjun as he went to make the drink. After Hyunbin's drink was made Hyunbin and Sanggyun left.

After closing the store everyone headed home, meeting the others back at the house. "How'd it go today?" Asked Jinhwan. "Went fine," said Chanwoo. "Just met Dojoon again after a few months," he said. "Got reports from him," he said. "Ah, that wolf?" Asked Jinhwan. Chanwoo nodded.

"Do you know when Yunhyeong is supposed to be back?" Asked Jinhwan. "Soon," said Moonbin. "Probably within the next week," he said. "Why did their human decide to come along?" Asked Chanwoo. "I don't know," said Moonbin. "Probably never been out of the country, just wanted to go sight see," he said. "I see," said Chanwoo.