Chapter 7

The Hunter and The Informant

Donghan was gone a few days later, after establishing communications with everyone in case Chanwoo or Moonbin wasn't available. He left with a promise to return with one of his betas soon, and with that he was off, taking the next train home. Chanwoo's mood shifted as soon as Donghan left, though Moonbin put it to separation anxiety from being away from one's mate for a bit. The both of them experienced it every time Moonbin had left to do missions and check on new territories.

Donghyuk had returned from Russia, and Jinhwan had a talk with him too. Donghyuk was more laid back then everyone else, not having joined the pack until after Chanwoo's faked death. His laid back demeanor never changed, but he understood where Jinhwan was coming from.

Today Donghyuk was working at the coffee shop with Chanwoo and Sanha, the three of them working in somewhat comfortable silence. Sanha was giving the coffee to the customers while Chanwoo was taking orders and Donghyuk was making the orders. Donghyuk was easier to approach due to his only visible scars being on the back of his neck, and he hid that by wearing a collared shirt.

"Where did Moonbin and the others go again?" Asked Sanha. "Moonbin needed to have a meeting somewhere else," said Chanwoo. "Rocky and Eunwoo went with him but Jinwoo and Jinhwan went shopping," he said. "We need food again apparently," he said. "People are aware how busy the coffee shop can get," said Donghyuk. "So it's normal to have meetings elsewhere," he said as Chanwoo processed another order.

After a few hours Moonbin returned with Eunwoo and Rocky as Chanwoo was going through a busy part of the day. Chanwoo was flooded with orders but he worked to get them all processed and handed to Donghyuk. Donghyuk called out orders as he was done since they were all to go orders and Sanha went to help get the orders done when it seemed that Donghyuk needed help. Moonbin, Eunwoo and Rocky sat down at an empty table and waited until the busy day was over.

"You sure it was a good idea for Jinwoo to get food with Jinhwan?" Asked Sanha while they were in a lull of the busy part of the day. "I'd assume they'd both buy nothing but snacks," Donghyuk said with a snicker. Chanwoo chuckled slightly as he took more orders.

Moonbin kept an ear out for unfamiliar voices as he checked on his emails. Eunwoo and Rocky observed the many conversations from the humans, pretending to play games on their phones. Things were different today, the atmosphere wasn't as tense as it usually was. Something good had come out of the meeting it seemed.

After the rush ended Chanwoo went over to sit with Moonbin, taking a break. "How'd it go?" He asked. "Went great," said Moonbin. "Just had to talk to Yixing concerning the neighbors," he said. "I had to explain the situation to him, it seems he took it like a grain of salt," he said. "I think he was looking forward to the news of new neighbors," he said. "Well that's good," said Chanwoo.

"How'd he take the news of old man Eric's death?" He asked. "Not too good," said Moonbin. "He really cared for Eric," he said. "Eric was the one who turned him wasn't he?" Asked Chanwoo. Moonbin nodded. "I can see why it hit him pretty hard," he said. "Mm," said Moonbin.

After they closed the coffee shop and headed home, everyone found Jinwoo and Jinhwan sitting in the livingroom snacking on food. "I told you," Donghyuk said with a snicker. "Damn it, we sent you to get food, not snacks," said Moonbin as he sighed. Jinwoo grinned. "Well if you look in the kitchen," he said.

Chanwoo went into the kitchen. "Well I'll be damned," he said, causing everyone to walk into the kitchen. "They made dinner too?" Asked Moonbin. "I guess they can be reliable, sometimes," Donghyuk said with a chuckle. "Let's eat then," said Eunwoo. Everyone sat down to eat, making small talk and discussing the events that had happened throughout the day.

After dinner a Skype call popped up and Chanwoo went to answer it. "What's up Yunhyeong?" He asked, sitting in front of the computer. "Ah, can I talk to you and Jinhwan alone?" Asked Yunhyeong. Moonbin tilted his head slightly. "I'll get him," he said before leaving the room.

Jinhwan came into the room after a few minutes, looking confused. "What's up?" He asked. "Well... I-I might've found one of my mates," said Yunhyeong. "What?" Asked Chanwoo. "In who?" He asked. "Hongseok," said Yunhyeong. "Are you okay?" Asked Jinhwan. "Y-Yes! Don't worry," said Yunhyeong. "I'm just letting you know because I'm coming over with him and their human in a couple weeks," he said. "His name?" Asked Chanwoo. "Yuto, Moonbin knows of him," said Yunhyeong. "Okay," said Chanwoo. "Just don't be too harsh on the guys okay? Their pack had been dealing with a lot," said Yunhyeong. "With one of their packmates dying, I know," said Chanwoo. "Moonbin told us about what happened," he said. "Just be happy, the both of you," said Jinhwan. "We'll see you in a couple weeks then," he said. Yunhyeong nodded and hung up.

Chanwoo sighed as he leaned back in his chair. "Well, this is a predicament," he said. "First you and Moonbin, then you and Donghan or whatever his name was, now Yunhyeong and another 'shifter? What am I supposed to be? Forever alone?" Asked Jinhwan as he pouted. Chanwoo chuckled, shaking his head. "Go to bed Jinhwan," he said, getting up. Jinhwan sighed and nodded. "See you in the morning," he said before leaving the room.

Moonbin came into the room after Jinhwan gave the okay. "So?" He asked. "My brother found his mate," Chanwoo said with a smile. "That's good," Moonbin said with a grin. "He deserves to be happy," he said. "And now Jinhwan is jealous because of it," Chanwoo said with a snicker. "He's forever alone," agreed Moonbin as he laughs.