Chapter 10

The Hunter and The Informant

When Donghan left again Chanwoo was back to being in one of those moods. Moonbin being there did help a bit, but due to what had happened in the forest Chanwoo was more hesitant, scared that if a confrontation like that came up again he'd either go to a side he doesn't know and risk his pack's trust or stay on his pack's side and lose his pure blood mate in the process. Jinhwan had assured him that he didn't do anything, but Chanwoo was still scared. The only person who really understood was Moonbin, when he had been faced with the decision to choose between his best friend Chani and his brother's coven or his pack.

Chanwoo was back at work at the coffee shop today, with Sanha and Jinwoo. Jinwoo was delivering the coffees to the tables, Sanha was making the drinks and Chanwoo was taking orders again. Eunwoo took Jinhwan and Donghyuk shopping for food. Moonbin and Rocky were busy in the back, finding a lead on Kino's home pack as Nickhun had gotten back to them with a lead. Jeonguk had also gotten them a lead so Rocky followed that lead.

The door chimed and in walked in Chan and Renjun. "Ah, hey you two," said Chanwoo. "Hello Chanwoo," said Chan. "What can I get you?" Asked Chanwoo. "The usual," said Chan. Chanwoo nodded and processed the order before passing it to Sanha and handing Chan the change. "'Bin! I need you in the front," he called into the backroom. Moonbin came outside looking around for the client before spotting Chan. "Make it quick we got a lead," he said. Chanwoo nodded and went to take a break with Moonbin taking his spot.

Chanwoo took Chan and Renjun's order and walked over, putting the tray down before sitting down. "What's up Chan?" He asked. "Ah, just busy with missions and things," said Chan. "I'll be out of Paris for a few weeks and Renjun needs a place to stay," he said. "No one else is home right now?" Asked Chanwoo. Renjun shook his head. "Alright," said Chanwoo as he looked over at Moonbin. Moonbin shrugged. It wasn't the first time they had let Renjun stay with them.

"But you're working while you're here," said Chanwoo. "I guess that's an okay compromise," said Renjun. "We'll have you deliver orders since I assume you don't know how to make the drinks nor speak German?" Asked Chanwoo. Renjun shook his head. "Alright," said Chanwoo. "Sorry to bother you again," said Chan. "No problem," said Chanwoo. "We did say it was fine, I know everyone else is busy," he said.

"Tell you what," said Chanwoo as he stood. "Go put on an apron and Sanha can teach you how to make drinks," he said. "I have to return to the counter," he said. "Sure," said Renjun as he finished his coffee and went to do so. "Good luck on your missions then," said Chanwoo. "Thanks," said Chan as Chanwoo went back to the counter. Moonbin went back into the backroom as Renjun came out with an apron. Sanha started teaching him how to make drinks as more orders came in.

It was a slow process but Renjun eventually caught on as more drinks came in. It didn't take very long for Renjun to get the drinks down after Sanha started calling out the English names of the drinks. Chanwoo was looking proud as the drinks were called out in record timing. Maybe it was best to have two people making drinks, and two people delivering drinks to the tables. Chanwoo was adept at taking orders, so it was alright for one person to work the register alone.

Chan left after seeing that Renjun could handle making drinks, saying his goodbyes before he left. Sanha and Renjun had a system going by that point, with Sanha calling out the English names of the orders that Renjun could handle making and Sanha making the rest. Jinwoo sped up delivering drinks to their respective tables, slightly annoyed that he had to do this by himself.

The door chimed at the end of a busy part of the day, and in walked a human and a wolf-dog. "Are pets allowed?" Asked the owner. "Let him stay, it's rather hot today," answered Chanwoo. "Just make sure he doesn't do anything," he said. The owner nodded and told his pet to sit, and to those who could see the human illusion, they literally saw the wolf-dog sit with his legs spread out and his hands in his lap. Chanwoo chuckled at the spectacle, before turning to the new customer. "What can I get you?" He asked. "The usual please," said the new customer. Chanwoo nodded and processed the order. "And for your pet?" He asked. "A water," said the new customer as he handed Chanwoo the money. Chanwoo nodded and processed the order and handed back the change. "It'll be delivered in a few minutes," he said. The new customer nodded and pulled on the leash, causing the wolf-dog to get up and follow him to a table away from the other customers.

"'Bin!" Called Chanwoo. "Someone's asking for you," he called into the backroom. "Again?" Asked Moonbin as he walked out of the room. "Oh," he said. "One of the human hunters," he said. "Alright," he said, walking over to the table. "We don't get many hunters coming through that hunt animals for a living," he said. "Sanggyun was curious of the place," said the new customer. "You're aware of his human form then?" Asked Moonbin. "Yes," said the new customer.

"What's your name friend?" Asked Moonbin. "Hyunbin," said Hyunbin as he nodded. "And this is Sanggyun," he said. "He can put up his human illusion for you if he wants," said Moonbin. "We see it," he said. Hyunbin hummed, before unclipping the leash from Sanggyun's collar. Sanggyun stood, his human illusion coming forward as he sat down in a chair.

"You got curious huh?" Asked Moonbin. Sanggyun nodded. "I know what you are," he said in English. Moonbin hummed. "I can trust you to keep the secret then? Humans can't know of this world," he said in English. "Yes," said Sanggyun. "Good," said Moonbin. "Do you mind me asking how you got involved with a human?" He asked. "His family adopted me," said Sanggyun. "I see," said Moonbin.

Hyunbin looked between Sanggyun and Moonbin, his head tilting slightly. "I hope the conversation is friendly enough," he said. "It is," said Moonbin as he returned to speaking German as Jinwoo came over with their drinks and placed it down. "I'll leave you be then," said Moonbin as he stood. Hyunbin nodded and Moonbin left, heading back to the backroom.

"Hyung," said Renjun as Chanwoo kept an eye on Hyunbin and Sanggyun. "He's like me," he said. "I know," said Chanwoo. "But he's part dog," said Renjun. "I didn't think it was possible," he said. "We learn something new every day," said Chanwoo as he took another order. "I guess," said Renjun.