Chapter 5

The Hunter and The Informant

When Jinhwan returned Yunhyeong changed completely. Something about years of being under Jinhwan's leadership had Yunhyeong revert back to being cold and distant. It wasn't that Jinhwan didn't care for his pack, no it was quite the opposite. But during their time as werewolf hunters Jinhwan had drilled into everyone to keep the cold and distant facade up to not show weakness.

"Damn it," said Sanha as he was working today with Jinwoo and Rocky. "We almost had him," he said. "It's just how they were," said Rocky. "I'm sure they'll show their true selves one at a time," he said. "At least he can sleep in his own room again," said Jinwoo. "Not that there's nothing wrong with sleeping in your room but," he added. "Things will definitely be different now until someone leaves again," finished Rocky.

Eunwoo was out with Yunhyeong as they went food shopping, Eunwoo getting what they needed while Yunhyeong pushed the cart around. "You're back to being cold and distant," remarked Eunwoo as he examined some spices. Yunhyeong hummed. "It's just a facade, I know it," said Eunwoo as he turned to Yunhyeong. "Is it because of Jinhwan?" He asked. "Partially," said Yunhyeong as he looked away. "He had drilled it into our heads to keep this up because of our image I guess," he said.

"Showing a different side of you is not showing weakness," said Eunwoo as he turned back to the spices. "It just shows that you're capable of more," he said. "Don't just not show emotions, you're only going to make it harder on yourself when you need to ask for help and no one will help you because of this image you have," he said. Yunhyeong hummed in response.

Jinhwan was with Moonbin and Chanwoo as they went to do stuff around the city. "Everything alright Jinhwan?" Asked Moonbin as they took a walk. "Just fine," said Jinhwan. "You changed again," said Chanwoo. "I don't mean to be like this you know that," said Jinhwan. "Yunhyeong was beginning to open up again," said Chanwoo. "Everyone needs to learn that you're not going to be as hard on them as you used to be," he said.

"Things are different now," said Jinhwan. "I'll talk about it to everyone," he said. "Not much we can do about it until then," he said. "I think it'll help with Yunhyeong the most," said Chanwoo. "He looks up to you you know," he said. "Just talk to him alright?" He asked. Jinhwan sighed.

"Since when did my littlest brother grow up?" He asked. Chanwoo turned to Jinhwan, grinning. "Since the day I finally turned 18?" He asked, laughing some. Jinhwan shook his head, laughing slightly. Moonbin chuckled. "I think we're done here," he said. "Did we really walk around the whole day?" Asked Jinhwan. "For the most part," said Chanwoo. "It was mostly to do some scouting, since you know, we sort of own this part of the city now," he said. Jinhwan hummed. "Let's get back to the coffee shop then," said Moonbin as he started walking back. Jinhwan and Chanwoo followed after him.

When they got back Rocky, Sanha and Jinwoo just finished closing and were waiting for them outside. "Ready to go?" Asked Moonbin. Rocky, Sanha and Jinwoo nod. Everyone headed home after Moonbin made sure the door was locked.

When they got back to the house Eunwoo was making dinner with Yunhyeong who was making small talk again. "Welcome back guys," said Eunwoo. "How was scouting our half of the city?" He asked. "Went fine," said Moonbin. "Nothing out of the ordinary," he said.

"Did anyone stop by the coffee shop?" Chanwoo asked Sanha. "No, just us today," said Sanha. "And the humans," he added. "I thought we'd at least have another team show up but I guess not," he said. "Well, that's it for a while then," said Moonbin. "Gotta remember that even if Berlin's the center spot in Europe not many teams come over anymore due to Italy not being needed anymore," he said. "At least, until they rise up again," he added.

After dinner Jinhwan had a talk with Yunhyeong, just telling him to relax. "I know it's going to be hard to relax now but times are different now," said Jinhwan. "Don't think that I'm back it means to revert to our facade," he said. "Only use it when we're dealing with vampires alright?" He asked. Yunhyeong nodded. "Okay," he said, softly as he looked down. "I'm sorry," said Jinhwan. "It's okay," said Yunhyeong as he looked up, grinning at Jinhwan. Jinhwan smiled in return. "Good," he said. "Let's get ready for bed then," he said. Yunhyeong nodded and went to do so.

Chanwoo was sitting at the desk in his and Moonbin's room, checking on his emails to see what was happening with locating Kino's home pack. "How's the search going?" Asked Moonbin as he walked over. "No such luck yet," said Chanwoo as he leaned back in his chair, sighing. "We'll find them," said Moonbin. "But I also want to find Hongseok's home pack and have a word with them," he said. Chanwoo chuckled some. "Send iKon after them?" He asked, jokingly. "Hey, I think they deserve it," said Moonbin.

"But in in all seriousness," said Chanwoo. "I don't want to send my brothers and their pack out on a mission like that," he said. "I know," said Moonbin. "They've worked hard to get where they are now, they're just beginning to be recognized as vampire hunters," he said. Chanwoo hummed in response as he returned to the laptop screen.

Eunwoo and Sanha were both in their room, each doing something on their phones. "Did you talk to Yunhyeong?" Asked Sanha. "I did," said Eunwoo as he turned to Sanha. "What'd he say?" Asked Sanha. "Nothing really," said Eunwoo. "But I imagine he's going to try, at least, to show his old self," he said. "That's good," said Sanha. "I hope the others do too," he said. Eunwoo hummed, nodding.

Rocky and Jinwoo were in their room watching a movie before bed. "You know," said Jinwoo. "I bet it won't be long until they start to reveal their old selves, as in themselves before everything happened," he added. "It won't take too long I'd imagine," agreed Rocky. "But we'll have to see when the others return," he said.

"From what Chanwoo had said when talking about them they weren't always like that," said Jinwoo. "They weren't," said Rocky. "At least, from when I first met them anyway," he said. "Things won't ever go back to the way they were, but maybe things will get better," he said. "We just can't judge them for their pasts, nor can we judge them for the way they are now," he said. Jinwoo hummed in response.