Chapter 1

The Hunter and The Informant

Chanwoo wasn't having the best of days apparently as he worked at the coffee shop today. He wasn't known for losing his temper, but his natural ability to be easily pissed off wasn't helping. At least he wasn't alone today, Sanha was working and Jinwoo was in the front with him. For now he sat in the back looking over the latest information from his various sources. "Hm..." He mumbled, listening as the door chimed in the front.

"MJ hyung!" Said Sanha as MJ walked into the coffee shop. "Hey there," MJ said with a grin. "Still slacking off Jinwoo?" He asked. Jinwoo snorts. "Sure," he said. "It's good to see you again though," he said. "I'm here for a mission actually, no vacation time," said MJ. "Oh," said Sanha as he looked slightly disappointed. "I need to talk to Chan, can you get him?" Asked MJ. "Sure," said Sanha. "Get him a coffee Jinwoo," he said. Jinwoo nodded and went to make a coffee. MJ went to sit down as Sanha went into the backroom.

"Chan, you have someone asking for you," said Sanha. "Again?" Asked Chanwoo as he looked up at Sanha. "It's MJ hyung," said Sanha. "Ah, alright, I'll be out in a second," said Chanwoo. Sanha nodded and left the room. Chanwoo got up and went to the front and spotting MJ sitting by the windows. He went to sit down in front of MJ, grinning.

"Hey MJ," he said. "Hey Chan," MJ said, offering a smile. "How's the states?" Asked Chanwoo. "Fine, fine, how's things here?" Asked MJ. "Just fine," said Chanwoo. Jinwoo soon came over with a cup of coffee, handing it to MJ before heading back to the counter.

"I heard you needed me?" Asked Chanwoo. "Well," said MJ. "It's a personal mission," he said. "Kino would come himself but he's had nothing but bad days for passed few weeks," he said. "So he asked me to go for him," he said. "Ah, poor kid," said Chanwoo.

"So what does he need?" He asked. "He wants to see if his home pack is still around," said MJ. "Meeting Taehyun again has kind of pushed him to see if they're still alive," he said. "He doesn't want to contact them but," he said, shrugging. "I understand that," said Chanwoo. "They tried to kill him didn't they?" He asked. MJ nodded. "Well," said Chanwoo as he nodded.

"I'll see what I can dig up, and tell Taehyun that he's due for reports soon," he said. "Can't tell them yourself?" MJ asked. "I've been rather busy, and most of the others have given me their reports already," said Chanwoo as he deadpanned. MJ shook his head. "It's hard being the most well known informant," he said. "It is," Chanwoo said with a sigh. "Enjoy the coffee, and I'll send the information to you after I get everything done," he said. "Alright," said MJ. Chanwoo nodded and stood, going back into the backroom and going to dig up Kino's file.

Moonbin came into the shop a bit later with Eunwoo and Rocky after hearing that MJ had stopped by. "Hey Moonbin," called Sanha. "Hey," said Moonbin. "Where's Chan?" He asked. "Backroom, he's digging through Kino's file right now," said Jinwoo. Moonbin hummed before going into the backroom. Eunwoo and Rocky were left to sit down and wait for a bit.

"Chan," greeted Moonbin as he walked into the backroom. "Hey 'Bin," said Chanwoo as he looked up from Kino's file. "How's the information network?" Asked Moonbin. "Fine," said Chanwoo as he put the file down. "But I was asked to do a personal mission," he said.

"MJ came by I heard," said Moonbin. "You just missed him," said Chanwoo. "He left a few minutes ago," he said. "He seems happier," he remarked. "Jinho's pack is quite the handful but they make it work," Moonbin said with a chuckle. Chanwoo laughs, nodding.

"Any trouble from my brothers and their pack?" He asked. "No," said Moonbin. "You were right to have them be information gatherers while they do missions, they do a great job of it," he said. "Where are they now?" Asked Chanwoo. "Jinhwan's in Italy to see how the vampire activity is going, Yunhyeong is checking out Paris, Donghyuk is somewhere in Russia, and Bobby and Hanbin are in the states on a mission," said Moonbin. "And Junhoe is in Britain, checking in on Donghun and his sources," he added. "Oh good," said Chanwoo. "I was expecting reports from them," he said, going to check his emails.

"Coming home early tonight?" Asked Moonbin. "Yes actually," said Chanwoo. "I haven't had to do much finding lately and Kino's search can be put off for a bit until MJ returns from his missions," he said. "Nice," said Moonbin. "I need to relax though, I'm not in a very good mood today," Chanwoo said with a sigh as he leaned back in his chair. "Come on then, Rocky's making dinner tonight," said Moonbin. "Sure," said Chanwoo as he got up, stretching. He then headed out into the front of the shop.

"Close up early tonight, I'm not in the mood for dealing with rude customers," he said. Sanha and Jinwoo scrambled to close up the coffee shop with Eunwoo and Rocky going to help. Chanwoo went to lock up everything, leaving the front door for last. After they were done and the store was locked up everyone headed back home.

Rocky made dinner with Eunwoo going to help while Jinwoo and Sanha went to their shared room to change out of their work clothes. Chanwoo was left to take a long shower and getting dressed in more comfortable clothes before going downstairs. Moonbin was sitting in the livingroom watching a movie when Chanwoo came downstairs.

Chanwoo went to sit down beside Moonbin, sighing a bit. Moonbin wrapped an arm around Chanwoo's shoulder. "It'll be fine," he said. "I know," said Chanwoo. "We haven't had much trouble since that last huge Italy run but I think we're due for it," he said. "Don't jinx it, I quite like the peace," Moonbin said with a shake of his head. Chanwoo hummed in response.