Chapter 14

The Hunter and The Informant

Eunwoo hummed as he looked over the drug report to see what was going on with Hyunbin. Chanwoo had gone home earlier, but promised to be back once he was sure Sanggyun could hold up his human illusion while in the hospital. So far nothing conclusive had come through but there was still other tests to be done.

Eunwoo sighed as he leaned back in his chair, putting the papers on the table. "What the hell," he said, pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked over at the sleeping human and wondered what the hell had happened with him. He got up and went over to the bed, leaning over to closely examine Hyunbin.

The door opened to the dimly lit room and in walked Donghan. "How is he?" Asked Donghan. "I'm not sure," said Eunwoo as he turned to look at Donghan. "Where's Chanwoo?" He asked. "Getting you food," said Donghan. "You know they wouldn't have let me come alone," he said. Eunwoo hummed as he turned back to Hyunbin. Donghan went to stand on the other side of the bed, his head tilting to the side slightly.

"What have we concluded so far?" Asked Donghan. "Well, there's something in his lungs, and we've ruled out mostly everything by now but there's still other tests to be done," said Eunwoo. "As far as I know he doesn't drink or smoke," he said. "So that actually leaves out cancer for this," he said. "Drug tests are inconclusive," he said.

Moonbin entered the room with Chanwoo, bringing food. "How is he?" He asked. "I don't know," said Eunwoo as he sighed. "We don't know what's wrong with him, but he's unconscious for the time being," he said. "Did he wake up before?" Asked Moonbin as he put the food on the counter. "Yes, but he couldn't really do much," said Eunwoo. "He was really out of it so," he said, going to see what they brought him before sitting down with the box of food and starting to eat. "Hm," said Moonbin as he nodded.

"How's the wolf-dog?" Asked Eunwoo. "He's finally calmed down," said Moonbin. "I think Yuto's presence helped immensely but," he said, shaking his head. "He's not ready to come see him yet," he said. "He was frantic as hell when he came to us the other day," said Chanwoo. "We'll get to the bottom of it," said Eunwoo.

"I have just the best timing eh?" Asked Donghan. "This wasn't even planned," said Chanwoo as he shrugged. "Leave me be, I need to look over the papers again," said Eunwoo. "We'll be back in a few hours with the wolf-dog, hopefully," said Chanwoo. "I hope to also have some good news by then," said Eunwoo. "Good luck then," said Chanwoo. Eunwoo nodded and Chanwoo left with Moonbin and Donghan. Eunwoo was left to ponder over the papers again as he ate his food.

Donghan sighed as they headed back to the house. "This is so difficult," he said. "Well," said Chanwoo. "We never had this happen before," he said. "Why did he come to you for help?" Asked Donghan. "Who? The wolf-dog?" Asked Chanwoo. Donghan nodded. "Well," said Chanwoo. "I'm not sure really," he said. "We normally don't bother with humans unless it's at the coffee shop," he said.

"I think it's because he's technically one of us," said Moonbin. "We would want to help those of the supernatural world," he said. "Despite where he grew up," he added. "It's not even that," said Chanwoo. "We were known to get people out of Europe during the first and second World Wars if you remember," he said. "Ah, yeah that's true," said Moonbin.

"We continued to help even today, if you remember," he said. "Mm," said Chanwoo. "I wonder what's wrong with him," he said. "I do too to be fair," said Moonbin. "Drug tests are inconclusive, so it can't be the drug but," he said, sighing a bit. "Whatever is in his lungs is making it looks like he took the drug," said Chanwoo. "But it shouldn't have any effect at all," he said. "Have you tested it before?" Asked Donghan. "Yes," said Chanwoo. "It took a bit for Ryeowook to let Siwon test it for us but," he said, shrugging. "Nothing happened to him," he said. "Hm," said Donghan.

When they reached the house Jinhwan and Longguo were having a stand off in the livingroom, with Kenta in between the two. "Back off now," said Kenta. "He did nothing to Donghan," he said. "He almost did," spat Longguo. "I held back," said Jinhwan. "That means little to me," spat Longguo.

"Oi, what's going on?" Asked Moonbin. "Just Longguo trying to cause a scene," said Kenta. "Back off Longguo," said Donghan as he went to stand in front of Jinhwan. "He did nothing to me, I had been the one to initiate the game anyway," he said. "Do you know who these guys are?" Snarled Longguo. "I do," said Donghan. "But the past is the past," he said. "Leave it," he said, unleashing his alpha aura.

That only seemed to piss off Longguo more as he changed, launching himself at Jinhwan. Chanwoo leaped between his brother and the oncoming wolf, getting slashed in the face in the process. "Chan!" Shouted Jinhwan and Moonbin.

"Back off mutt," said Chanwoo as he shoved the wolf away, the left side of his face bleeding from three claw marks going over his left eye. The others ran into the room at the commotion, noticing that Chanwoo was bleeding. "This idiot," spat Bobby. "Back off Bobby," said Jinhwan as he regained his composure. Longguo snarled as he backed away, baring his teeth at Chanwoo.

"Everyone that was there that day, even your alpha and Kenta saw that no harm came to him," said Chanwoo. "So back the hell off and listen to your alpha for once will you?" He spat before collapsing. Jinhwan quickly ran to him and caught him. Moonbin pushed himself over and yelled for Sanha to get the first aid kit. They'd have to wrap the area in a bandage for now, but they knew Chanwoo would be left with a scar just like his brothers. Sanha ran to get a first aid kit before coming back with it and handing it to Moonbin.

"You're an idiot you know," said Rocky as he stood in front of Longguo with Jinwoo. "A fatal wound would've gotten you executed on the spot," he said. Bobby, Hanbin and Yunhyeong went to stand with Rocky and Jinwoo, the three of them glaring at Longguo. Hongseok and Yuto were left to ponder what was going to happen next as Sanggyun was shaking from the tense atmosphere, sticking close to Yuto in his wolf-dog form with Renjun beside him in wolf form.