Epilogue

The Hunter and The Informant

A breakthrough for Kino's home pack finally came through in the form of a report by Donghan. "We finally found them holy damn," said Chanwoo as he received the report in the form of an email.

"Really?" Asked Kino as he ran over to see. "They were in Europe this whole time?!" He exclaimed. "Apparently," said Chanwoo. "Do these names look familiar to you?" He asked, pointing at the document. Kino read it over, leaning closer to the screen to see.

"Well, do you want to see them?" Asked Chanwoo. "No," said Kino. "I just wanted to see if they were alive," he said. "Well," said Chanwoo. "That's fine," he said. "But uh, we might be getting a visit from them," he said. "What?" Asked Kino. "When Donghan met them he mentioned your name so their alpha wants to see you," said Chanwoo.

"Who is it?" Asked Kino. "Someone by the name of Yixuan," said Chanwoo. "Yixuan... Yixuan..." Mumbled Kino. "He's been alpha since the pack was formed," he hummed. "What does he want?" He asked. "He was surprised that you and Hyojung were alive for one," said Chanwoo. "But he knows you belong to a pack so he's not here to take you from them," said Chanwoo. "Good," said Kino.

"How long are these good days going to last?" Asked Chanwoo as he headed into the front room of the coffee shop with Kino. "I don't know," said Kino. "But if Changgu starts being clingy you know the transitioning into the bad days is going to start," he said.

"Mission success?" Asked Moonbin. "Yep," Chanwoo said with a grin. "Nice," said Moonbin as he gave Chanwoo a high five. "Donghan is coming over with Yixuan in a couple days but," Chanwoo said, shrugging. "That's fine," said Moonbin. "We'll see them in a few days then," he said. Chanwoo nodded.

 

~



A couple days later Donghan walked into the coffee shop with Yixuan while Chanwoo was working with his brothers and Bobby and Hanbin. "Hey you two," said Chanwoo. "Yo," said Donghan. Yixuan nodded in greeting. "Kino's out with MJ at the moment, I'll let them know you're here though," said Chanwoo. "The usual then?" He asked. "Sure," said Donghan as he handed Chanwoo the cash. Chanwoo processed the order and handed the receipt and change to Donghan before handing the order to Jinhwan. Donghan went to find a seat with Yixuan as Chanwoo texted MJ.

MJ, Kino, Hongseok and Changgu walked into the coffee shop an hour later, spotting Donghan and Yixuan. "Hey you guys," said Chanwoo. "The usual?" He asked. "Sure," said MJ as he walked over with the money. Chanwoo processed the order and handed the receipt and change back to MJ. "Good luck Kino," he said. Kino nodded and headed over to Yixuan and Donghan's table with Changgu and MJ.

"Needed to see Yunhyeong, Hongseok?" Chanwoo called as Hongseok blushed. "I guess," said Hongseok. Yunhyeong chuckled, shaking his head. Kino and MJ went to sit at Donghan's table while Chanwoo told Yunhyeong to take a break once the orders were completed. Yunhyeong went to sit with Hongseok after Hanbin delivered the coffees to their respective tables.

MJ was with Kino in case he needed translating so Donghan got up and went to sit at a different table with Moonbin soon joining him with another cup of coffee and a cup of his own. "It's been a while," said Donghan. "It has," said Chanwoo. "How have you been?" He asked. "Great," said Donghan.

"What's funny is that after returned home we were questioned by werewolf hunters," he said. "Really now?" Asked Chanwoo. Donghan nodded. "It was good that we became allies," he said. "I could've said so in the email but I wanted to let you know of it in person," he said. "I told you, we bring protection, despite the fact that we also bring danger," said Chanwoo. Donghan hummed, nodding.

"Hyunggu," said Yixuan. "Hello Yixuan," said Kino. "I see you're in Europe now," he said. "Yes," said Yixuan. "I guess I'm not needed here," said MJ as he tilted his head. "Please stay," said Kino. "Just for moral support," he mumbled. MJ nodded.

"I was surprised to find out that you and Hyojung were alive," said Yixuan. "We were picked up by another pack not long after you left us on our own," Kino said, deadpanning. "And then that pack went to the states," he said. "And well, you've heard about what had happened I'm sure," he said. "I have," said Yixuan as he eyed Changgu who was watching him with what could only be described as a judgmental look.

"You're doing well despite the drug's effects weakening you," he said. "Well," said Kino. "I'd never manage to make it this far if I didn't have my pack at my side," he said. "That is true," said Yixuan. "I did drill it into everyone that an individual is not strong until he finds a group to call his family," he said. MJ hummed in response.

"Who all is left in the pack?" Asked Kino. "Sungjoo, Wenhan, Seungyeon, Yibo and I," said Yixuan. "All the adults left eh?" Asked Kino. "Technically yes," Yixuan said with a small chuckle. "I made the pack I have now leave after my father abandoned you both," he said. "So there's a chance they could still be around?" Asked Kino. "No," said Yixuan. "They were killed off by a rival pack once their numbers dwindled," he said. "I see," said Kino.

"They've been talking a while," remarked Hongseok as he glanced at Kino's table. "They'll be fine," said Yunhyeong. "I'm sure," he added. "I know," said Hongseok. "I'm too much like a mom to Kino," he said, chuckling slightly. "You're like that with everyone," Yunhyeong said, laughing some.

The door chimed and in walked Hyunbin and Sanggyun who was using his human illusion. Chanwoo excused himself to get their orders, grinning in greeting. "Hey, it's good to see you again," he said. Hyunbin smiled. "It's good to be home again after being away for a while," he said. "How was deer season?" Asked Chanwoo as he rung up the order of the usual and Hyunbin handed him the cash. "Went fine, got a ton of money," said Hyunbin. "That's good," said Chanwoo.

"Staying out of trouble wolf-dog?" Asked Jinhwan as he grinned at Sanggyun. Sanggyun scratched the back of his head. "Like usual," he said, laughing slightly. Hyunbin shook his head and left with Sanggyun once they got their orders. Chanwoo went to sit with Donghan again after seeing that no one else would be entering the store.

"Well," said Yixuan. "I better get going then," he said as he got up. "Leaving already?" Asked Kino. "I need to head back before Wenhan comes after me," said Yixuan. "It was nice to talk to you again Hyunggu," he said. "Kino," said Kino. "I go by Kino now," he explained. "Kino then," said Yixuan as he nodded before leaving.

Donghan turned to Chanwoo as Chanwoo looked out the window to people watch. "I don't want this moment to end," he said, sighing. "I know," said Chanwoo. "But we both have our own lives outside this," he said.

"Joined by fate but separated by our jobs," Donghan said, sighing as he got up. "I better head back then," he said. Chanwoo got up and hugged Donghan. "Be safe," he said. "I will," said Donghan as he hugged Chanwoo back. "You too," he said before moving away. Chanwoo nodded, watching as Donghan left.