Chapter 6

The Turning

"You are a druid" Jungkook said stepping out from the shadows, Namjoon turned around to face Jungkook, he wore a blank expression. Jimin took his place by Jungkook's side. 

"Joon, what is a druid" a voice said from behind him, Namjoon quickly turned around to see Yoongi, he looked quite dazed and confused. His feet not firmly planted on the floor and his hand clung to his head.

"Yoongi, what are you doing here?" Namjoon questioned trying to keep the panic from his face and voice.

"I woke up when you were leaving, you were muttering something under your breath about getting something from your locker before those werewolves find it, what on earth were you talking about? What is a druid? And why are you one?" Yoongi stated, rubbing his eyes.

"Druids act as advisors, emissaries, to the werewolf packs to keep them connected to humanity, this definition is more recent, in the past druids were a member of a Celtic order of magicians or wizards whose rituals, centring on animal and were said to include human sacrifice" Jungkook told him. 


It was following her, she could feel its breath on the back of her neck. Its claws inching closer to her. Keep running. That's all she could do. Outrun it. 

Scanning the woods she was currently running through she saw a ledge where a river was below, making her mind up quickly she jumped, landing on the other side of the river. It was still on the other side, raging at her quick tactics it moved backwards to start a run-up. She took this opportunity to continue running, hopefully losing it so she could heal faster.


"You have Mistletoe, Wolfsbane and Mountain Ash in your locker, I am guessing these are the items that you did not want us to find, Druid" Jungkook said glaring at Namjoon. 

"Mistletoe, Wolfbanes, Mountain Ash, what, what is going on?" Yoongi questioned, confusion was written on his face. 

"Mistletoe is a plant that is used by druids for symbols, ritual or a poison on individuals. Wolfsbane is a poison for us, the effects may vary depending on type, amount and delivery method. It can cause hallucinations, weaken, render unconscious or kill werewolves. And Mountain Ash is used to form an impenetrable barrier to keep supernatural creatures in or out" Jimin explained. 

"How many different types of supernatural creatures are there?" Yoongi asked. 

"Loads, we are werewolves, there are three types, Omegas, Alphas and Beta, you are a beta, they make up most of the pack whilst Jungkookie is an Alpha, they are the leaders of the pack and then there are omegas who are at the bottom of the pack, normally an omega is the one who takes all the ing from the rest of the pack but when treated right they can give an alpha a strong offspring but that is only in females, I myself am an omega" Jimin answered. 

"Then there are werecoyote, kanima, werejaguars, wendigos, vampires, angels, demons,  nymphs, fairies, dragons, goblins, centaurs, basilisks, demiguise, sirens, threstrals, any supernatural creatures that are myths are real" Namjoon said to his best friend. 

"Don't forget Banshees" Jimin suddenly said. 

"Banshees?" Yoongi questioned. 

"A banshee, they can hear voices in their heads, it often this leads them, subconsciously, to murder scenes. They sometimes write or draw messages from the voices subconsciously. They have this piercing scream when they sense death. They are a harbinger of death" Jungkook replied. 

Yoongi was about to open his mouth to speak but he was cut off by a high piercing scream. Jimin, Jungkook and Yoongi dropped to the ground covering their ears in pain. Yoongi felt like his ears were bleeding. Even though he was new to all this supernatural business even he could tell that this scream belonged to a Banshee.