Chapter 8

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

It was almost midnight when I arrived home. I was so damn exhausted. My stomach was growling, asking me to fill something in. But I was too tired to even chew. Thus, I decided to go straight up to my room, took a shower and slept. That was indeed the best choice.

However, that intention of mine was hindered when my eyes caught the sight of Sehun sitting with his knees held up in front of his room, leaning against the door. Curious, I stepped closer. My nose instantly detected smell of alcohol reeking from Sehun's body. Sighing, I crouched down.

"Oppa, you can't sleep here. Go into your room" I shook his body. It seemed working as Sehun's eyelids fluttered open. The moment his eyes met mine, Sehun flashed a smile.

"Oh? My baby is here" Sehun chuckled. I shook my head. Just how much did he drink to be this drunk? It wasn't because of me cancelling our dinner right?

"Oppa. Come, get up. I'll help you" With all the remaining energy I had, I pulled Sehun's arm to haul his body up. Placing his arm around my shoulder, I supported his tall figure and carried him into his room.

Laying Sehun on his bed, I pulled his comforter up to his neck to cover his body. I was turning my body around to leave Sehun's room when he suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulling me to lie beside him. I fell right to his side. Sehun immediately embraced me and held me close.

"Op--oppa" I stammered, too stunned with the sudden proximity.

"Honey, I'm cold" bumping my head onto his broad chest, Sehun pulled me even tighter until there was no space left between us. My heart began to thump so hard against my chest that I barely breathed.

"What took you so long, uhm?" Sehun started to sputter nonsense which I could not decipher the meaning. To my surprise, Sehun suddenly placed his lips on my forehead, kissing it. I gulped nervously. Okay, this man was really drunk.

"Let's sleep. I'm sleepy" Sehun let out a soft chuckle before I heard his subtle snore, indicating he was completely knocked out. 

I let out a sigh as I was trapped in Sehun's tight embrace. Afraid I would stir his sleep, I waited a bit longer. I looked up to stare at Sehun's face. He was indeed very handsome. No wonder there would be many eyes on us wherever we were. The corner of my lips curled upward. Somehow it felt good to lie beside him this close.

And without me knowing, I fell asleep in Sehun's embrace.

...

A gentle touch on my cheeks woke me up. An image of a familiar little girl came first to my sight. She let out a chuckle, amused by my puzzled state. A familiar melody then hit my eardrum. I looked around to find myself in that white place again. I shifted my gaze to the little girl in front of me.

"Who are you?" I asked her. She flashed me a smile.

"My past self?" I guessed. She shook her head.

"I'm from the future" her answer did not help at all. It made me confused even more. I took a lungful of air, trying to be patient.

"What's your name little girl?" I asked. 

"You're beautiful" she gave me a compliment instead of answering. Her small hands then made their way to my face, cupping my cheeks. Her palm felt so soft against my skin as if it was kind of silk. 

"You did a great job" she said almost closed to a whisper. 

"What--"

"And I miss you" the girl muttered before she faded away.

"Wait!!" 


I shot up from bed with irregular breathing. I rubbed my face as the image of the little girl came into my mind. She comes from the future? Taking a lungful of air, I tried to calm myself. My eyes roamed around to find myself in Sehun's room. It then dawned to me that I slept with him last night.

I shifted my eyes to my side just to realize Sehun was not there. Slowly, I got off from his bed and paced outside. My eyes wandered around to look for Sehun. Sun was not yet risen that high and I doubted Sehun had gone to work. And he would not leave without me. Why would a secretary leave his CEO behind?

My steps halted when my ears caught voices from our study room. Failed to refrain my curiousity, my feet brought me closer. Recognizing the voices, they belonged to my mom and Sehun. The door was slightly ajar, allowing me to see them standing in front of each other. 

My intention to interrupt was hindered when I saw my mom pulled Sehun into a hug. She patted Sehun's back as if she was soothing him. Honestly, this was the first time in 12 years that I saw my mom hugged Sehun. I swore my mind went vacant for a while, trying to decipher the bizarre situation I was seeing.

"It's just..hard" I heard Sehun said. My mom released Sehun from her embrace and looked at him in the eyes with a sorrow smile on her face.

"Sehun-ah, do you want me to tell her?" My mom asked. Her? Is her there referred to me?

"No. Don't. I--I don't want to lose her. I--I'm afraid she would--" Sehun's voice trailed off. My mom immediately pulled him into her embrace, patting him lightly on his back. 

"Alright. I won't. I won't. Please don't cry. I'm sorry" I watched as my mom comforted Sehun, embracing him like he was her own son. My mom's next line surprised me even more.

"If only she didn't lost her memories.." I gasped. Okay, they were talking about me. No argument. Slowly, I my heels and sauntered away. As I made my way to my room, my mind was occupied with thousand of questions.

Just what in the memories that I lost?

I doubt it's just the memories of the accident..
.

...

Breakfast was going on as usual as if nothing happened at dawn. My mom was lecturing my dad with her usual healthy lifestyle speech and my dad as usual would pretend to listen when I was very aware he did not. Sehun just being Sehun, sitting next to me without uttering a word, with his ipad on the table, arranging my schedule or reading some business news.

I bumped into Sehun earlier after I had my shower. But he only greeted me good morning and apologized for last night. He said he did not mean anything for what he mumbled that night for that he was drunk which I refused to believe. When I asked where did he go in the morning, he lied, rising my suspicion even more. I admitted he was a great actor because he did not look like he just cried his eyes out.

"Mom" I stopped my mom from her routine lecture. My dad discreetly mouthed the word thank you. I shook my head. 

"Yes honey?" My mom diverted her attention to me.

"Do you have something to tell me?" I asked.

"No?" My mom creased a frown on her forehead, quite taken aback with my question.

"Are you sure?" I tried again. 

"No honey. Why?" My mom asked while sipping her coffee, clueless. Okay, my mom was really keeping something from me. 

"Mom, what kind of accident I had before?" My mom stopped drinking her coffee. There was a brief silence before my mom answered my question as if she was trying to create an excuse.

"I've told you before. It's a car accident" My mom gave her usual answer. I noticed her eyes flitted to Sehun for a second before she looked at me back. Dissatisfied, I shifted my attention to Sehun.

"Oppa, is there anything important in the memories that I lost in the accident?" I asked directly. I caught Sehun was stunned but he masked it very well with a smile.

"It's like your mom had said before. It's just the memories of the accident" Sehun replied. I guessed I knew the reason Sehun always felt uncomfortable when I brought the accident pertaining topic. It must have something to do with the secret he kept.

"Yoora-ya, what's wrong with you this morning? I thought we've agreed to not talk about this matter anymore?" My dad suddenly cut in. Ah, so my dad was on their side. I felt betrayed. Taking a lungful of air, I averted my gaze to my dad.

"Sorry dad. It just crossed my mind suddenly. It's fine. Why bother to remember a bad memory, right?" I let out a fake laugh and continued eating, feigning ignorance. The corner of my eyes caught my parents and Sehun exchanged suspicious glances.

If they don't want to tell me, I'll look for the answer myself!

...

The upset feeling I had for Sehun urged me to avoid him. I was still mad over the fact he simply apologized for what he did last night and said it did not mean anything. I was sure he had some feelings for me and why would he deny? I even broke up with Jongin for him! And now he even kept something so important from me and chose to side with my parents! 

Whenever Sehun came into my office, I refused to look into his eyes. I even did all things myself when usually I had Sehun to help me. I admitted it was damn difficult but my pride did not allow me to even talk to him! I was childish I knew, but the fact that Sehun chose my parents over me really hurt me. 

The silent treatment I gave Sehun did not end in the office. It kept going until we went home. Any question from Sehun, I answered with a nod or a shake. If the question did not relate to work, I did not even reply. When we reached home, I went straight to my room, did not even bother to have dinner. So that was how I was super hungry at midnight.

"The water is going to dry out soon" A voice brought me out from my trance. I turned my head to see Sehun was standing beside me. 

"Move. Let me finish this for you" Sehun added the ramen I was going to cook for myself. I stared at him as he added the seasoning and milk into the ramen. The frustration I had for Sehun made me forgot how much I liked this man. Looking at how concern he was for me reminded me of my feelings for him. Discreetly, the corner of my lips curled upward.

"If you're going to be hungry at midnight, you're not supposed to skip your dinner" Sehun muttered. I kept my nonchalant demeanor despite the fluttering heart of mine.

"Sit. It's ready" Sehun beckoned me to sit. Without uttering a word, I followed his order. Sehun placed the ramen in front of me along with the chopstick.

"Eat" Sehun said while taking his place in front of me, watching me. Still had my ego, I just digged into the ramen without lifting my head. I was afraid the feelings I had for him would not allow me to be mad at him which was what I wanted to do so bad!

"You still don't want to talk to me?" Sehun spoke up after a long silence. I kept my head low, refuse to look at him in the eyes.

"I'm sorry I can't tell you but believe me, it's for your sake" Sehun murmured. Slowly, I looked up at him. His chiseled face came into my view, making my heart skipped a beat. Nervous, I cleared up my throat.

"W-what sake?" I stammered out. Instead of answering, Sehun creased a smile. He then took a piece of tissue at the side of the table and wiped my mouth with it.

"Why are you so messy when you eat?" Sehun let out a soft chuckle while cleaning the stain smeared at the corner of my lips. My heart began to thump even harder against my chest.

"Let me do it" I instantly shoved his hand away, did not allow him to waver my heart even more. Sehun was kind of surprised by me which made me kind of guilty but I refused to relent for him. I was still mad at him though! 

Sehun was about to say something when his phone vibrated, telling him a call arrived. Did not give me a chance to look at the caller ID, Sehun immediately snatched his phone and answered the call away from me. It was already passed midnight so I guessed the call was not about work. Suspicion instantly rose in me.

Curious, I followed behind his trail. My instinct told me that the phone call somehow could help me with the secret my parents and Sehun hid from me. But I guessed that instinct of mine was wrong this time. Like, very wrong to the point it pierced my heart instead of giving me reassuring answer because I heard something I wished I never heard.

"Oppa? Oppa is fine" I heard Sehun chuckled. So Sehun was on call with a woman? Jealousy began to burn inside me. Unwittingly, my hand clenched into a fist.

"Our kids are fine?" I almost gasped to the word kid. Sehun..had kids? Okay this is too much to handle.

"I'll see you tomorrow I guess?" I saw excited expression on Sehun's face which irked me so much. The fact that Sehun smiled because of other woman really riled me up.

"Love you too" Sehun creased a smile. I felt my whole world had crumpled down. With torn heart, I turned my heels around and dragged myself into my room, did not even bother to finish the ramen I had. As I entered my room, I plopped myself on my bed.

Soon, I found myself crying.

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry Yoora. You can't have Sehun that easy! LOL Anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing! I really enjoy reading your comments! and HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY ERIS!!! XOXO