Chapter 11

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

I stared blankly at the ceiling. I felt like I was dreaming. I did not know I should be happy or mad or sad. I did not even sure what was I feeling. The fact that I was actually married really took a toll on me. It was shocking enough when I got to know that Sehun was my husband but I was very sure more was coming.

It was hard to believe that I completely erased the memory of Sehun in my mind. How could I forget him and assumed that I was living as a single woman for 29 years? How could I easily decide to remove someone so important in my life from my memory? Just what kind of accident that I had to this extent?

Sehun told me we had our wedding 3 years ago. So the dejavu that I had when I attended Jaeyi's wedding was true. It was not a dejavu but pieces of memories. Huge thanks to it, I was be able to remember my own wedding but not much. The only memory was when we exchanged rings.

Thousand of questions were lingering in my mind but Sehun asked me to take a rest. He said I should take everything slowly. Even though he said I did not need to rush but I felt the necessary to remember the memories I had erased. I wanted to recall the memories. I needed those memories. I needed to remember, at least, Sehun.

My husband who was long forgotten.

...

"I know you already know me but let me introduce myself properly this time. Good morning CEO Kang! I'm your secretary, Byun Baekhyun!" I blinked a few times as the man which I had known as someone from the planning team suddenly introduced himself as my secretary.

"Secretary Byun, CEO Kang still could not recall all her memories yet but I'm giving back your position. Thank you for helping me all these times" Sehun patted Baekhyun on his shoulder. Famous with his bright personality, Baekhyun beamed brightly and gave us a 90 degree bow.

"So today please take care of the things at the company. I need to bring CEO Kang somewhere else" Sehun informed. Baekhyun gave a nod and took the seat which was used to be Sehun's. 

Sehun said he had resigned as my secretary a year before we got married. Since then, he was replaced by Byun Baekhyun. So I guessed Baekhyun worked as my secretary quite long but I forgot that fact as well? Sehun said when I woke up and remembered him as a secretary of mine instead of my own husband, Sehun took Baekhyun's place for a while. Why I can't remember any of these...

"You said Baekhyun is my secretary after you had resigned, right? So where did you go?" I asked when we were entered Sehun's car. Sehun flashed me a smile.

"We'll see later" 

...

Lifting my chin up, I gazed at a tall, huge building in front of me. Sehun then stopped his car at the main entrance. I stared as a man in suit opened the door for him. I blinked in confusion. The sound of my door opened made me flinched in surprise. Another man in suit gave me a nod, greeting me. Hesitantly, I got down from the car and paced towards Sehun who was waiting for me.

"Let's go" Sehun gave me a reassuring smile but that smile of his failed to calm my chaotic mind. Just what kind of situation is this?

"Good morning CEO Oh" A middle-aged man greeted Sehun. C--CEO?

"Ah, CEO Kang. It's been awhile" The man shifted his gaze to me. It looked like it was not my first time being here. Sehun shook his head to the man which made the man's expression morphed to a guilt expression.

"I--I'm sorry. I'm Secretary Yoon" He immediately introduced himself. I gave him a subtle nod, still baffled with the situation I was thrown into.

"Shall we go?" Secretary Yoon asked. Sehun nodded. Secretary Yoon then led us to an office. I watched as people bowed whenever they saw Sehun, calling him CEO Oh. Since when Sehun had his own company? Secretary Yoon left us when we reached to an office which I believed was Sehun's.

"When I quitted as a secretary, I took over this company. So yeah, welcome to my company?" Sehun tried to crack a joke but I did not feel like laughing. I could not deny I was in an utter shock.

My eyes roamed around and stopped at the company's name. RS Group. Sehun remained silence as he watched me wandered around his office. My eyes then caught a frame on his desk. It was a picture of us, holding hands in a park. It must be our wedding photoshoot. Seeing our picture in his office really told myself that all of these were not a dream. I was really married to Sehun.

"It's real.." I murmured as I gazed into the picture. Sehun let out a sigh.

"Let's take everything slowly, okay?" Sehun said softly. I averted my gaze to Sehun.

"But how did you get this company?" I asked. 

"That--"

"Oppa!" A young woman suddenly pranced into Sehun's office and threw herself at Sehun, hugging him tight. My eyes widened in surprise as I recognized this woman. She was the same woman from before! The one who I thought was Sehun's wife.

"Eonni!" The woman then moved to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I really miss you!" She squealed as she let me go. I stared blankly at her, completely had no memory of her. The woman flitted her gaze to Sehun, confused. Sehun shook his head.

"Ah you can't remember me?" The woman's voice lowered, disappointed. But in instant, she creased a smile.

"I guess I need to introduce myself. Hi Yoora eonni! I'm Sehun's younger sister, Oh Raon"

...

I watched as the waitress placed our drinks on the table. Raon thanked her and shifted her gaze on me. A smile was adorning her face. I admitted she was really beautiful. I guessed beauty gene really ran through Oh's family. Looked at Sehun himself. His visual was on another level. Sehun said he had some matters to handle so he left me with his vice president a.k.a his sister.

"You're still pretty as always" Raon observed my face. I shook my head.

"No Raon-ssi. You're prettier" I denied.

"Raon-ssi? Eonni. It's okay to speak informal to me, like you used to--" Raon covered when she realized she had said something inappropriate.

"Sorry I just..can't remember" Guilt suddenly hit me hard. I assumed I must be so close with Raon before, judging on how Raon spoke to me. But just to my luck, I lost the memories of her as well.

"Sorry eonni. I'm just too excited.." Raon had her voice lowered, feeling bad. Silence then swallowed both of us as we both stayed quiet. My eyes roamed around the building which was claimed to be Oh's.

"I don't know Sehun's family is this rich. I though he is an orphan when he came to our house" I said as I looked around.

"He is an orphan. We lost our parents two years after he left home. So I guessed by the time your parents took him, our parents already passed away" Raon sipped her drink calmly as if that story was told too many times that she did not really care anymore while me myself almost dropped my jaw, too surprised.

"He--he left home?" I stammered out. Raon flashed a smile.

"Emmm looking at how clueless you're, I guess Sehun oppa told about us when you guys are together so you can't remember this story as well" Did not know how to respond, I remained silence. Raon took a lungful of air before she continued.

"Oh family was one of those broken family you can see in dramas. Our parents bickered a lot, they cheated each other in front of us and yeah just which children would stand that? Sehun got hit the most by our father. He was a complete troublemaker you know?" Raon let out a soft chuckle as she reminisced the memories.

"I guess oppa could not stand it anymore. So he ran away from home. He left me because he was afraid he could not support me. I'm still mad because of that though. I chose living in difficulties rather than listening to my parents yelled day and night" Raon paused for a while before she continued.

"Two years after oppa left home, our parents passed away in an accident. So my uncle and aunt took care of me. They took over our company for a while until I was old enough to run it. When I finished my study, I decided to look for oppa. I didn't want to handle the company by myself. It was Sehun's as well. And I missed him too" Raon swallowed hard as she told that painful memories of hers.

"Luckily, I found him, working as your incredible secretary. I was super surprised when I saw him though. He is so damn handsome that I almost failed to recognized him" Raon chortled. The corner of my lips turned upward. Even his sister almost fell for him huh?

"I asked him to return and run the company. Looking on how good he helped you to run yours, I was more than sure he could lead ours really well. At first, he refused but you convinced him" Raon creased me a thankful smile.

"Me?" Puzzled, I asked. Raon nodded. Okay, just how much memories I erased?

"Yeah you convinced him to return. So he quitted as your secretary and took over the company" Raon ended her long explanation. I let out a sigh, feeling frustrated as ever for not remembering any of these. Raon took my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"I've said this so many times but I want to say it again. Thank you for staying beside my brother. I never see him as happy as he is when he's with you. He suffered a lot when he was little. Thank you for giving that happiness to him"

...

I threw my gaze to the dark sky. Moon was nowhere to be seen and stars decided to hide themselves behind the cloud making the sky even darker and dull. I guessed my memories wanted to be those stars, hiding somewhere in my head. No matter how hard I tried to recall them, they just refused to come back.

"Yoora-ya, this. You asked for it earlier" Sehun's voice brought me back to earth. I shifted my eyes to him before dropping my gaze to an album in his hand.

"Thank you" I took the album from him. I asked for our wedding album in case it would help. But instead of opening it right away, I just held into it tight.

"Oppa, why didn't you tell me that you're my husband?" I averted my gaze to Sehun. Sehun flashed a smile and turned his head to the sky, gazing at the dark night.

"Because I'm scared" Sehun said without looking at me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm scared if I told you, the memories of the accident would be triggered and you'll hurt yourself. So when you only remembered me as your secretary, I let you. I want to keep it that way if that will make you safe.." Pain could be trace in his voice, which somehow hurt me as well. 

"So, that's why you said I can't like you? Because you're afraid I'll remember?" I asked again. Sehun nodded.

"I'm afraid your feelings for me will trigger something" Sehun let out a sigh.

"Then, now that I already know, you're not scared anymore?" I uttered with lowered voice. Sehun shifted his gaze to me. A smile crept on his face.

"No, I'm still scared. I'm scared if you're going to remember" Sehun murmured, admitting his fear that he kept for a long time. The fear that kept him awake almost every night. 

I stared into Sehun's eyes. His gaze filled with fond but behind those, I could see sorrow filling the space. It must be so hard on him. His wife erased memories of him as a husband completely and the fear of his wife remembering caused him more pain when he was hurting enough. Thinking of it really tightened my chest. 

"Just what kind of accident I had, that I erased almost all memories of us.." I murmured. Sehun flashed a smile but somehow that smile meant pain.

"It's late. Go to sleep. You had much today. You need rest" Sehun refused to tell. He gave me a light squeeze on my shoulder before turning around. I stared as he stepped away from me.

I've said this so many times but I want to say it again. Thank you for staying beside my brother. I never see him as happy as he is when he's with you. He suffered a lot when he was little. Thank you for giving that happiness to him

Raon's words rang at the back of my mind. I gave that happiness to him but I was the one who took it back from him. Was not it too mean of me? Before Sehun managed to turn the knob, I reached for his arm, stopping him. Sehun swirled his head, looking surprised.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"My room?" Sehun raised a brow.

"Doesn't a husband should sleep with his wife?"

 

 

 

 

Okay, there're still a lot to be revealed after this so....brace yourself! And here comes my Hyunieeeeee! AHA! LOL Anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing! I'm really happy to share this story with you and your comments always make me smile =)) So, do leave a lot of comments, okie? XOXO