Chapter 12

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

I was thrown in that dream again. As usual, the little girl greeted me with a smile. The melody which I found it was Sehun's, filled the air. A piano suddenly appeared in front of me. The little girl then took a seat and began to play a song, the same song that was played by Sehun. I stood up and took a seat beside her, watching her played.

"How did you know this song? It's my husband's" I murmured. She stopped playing and shifted her gaze to me.

"You remember?" She asked. I shook my head subtly. The girl creased a smile and continued playing.

"Are you sent by Deity to help me recall my memories?" I assumed.

"Similar" she answered shortly without sparing a look at me.

"Then--" I was halted by her kiss on my cheeks.

"You've worked hard" she said.


My eyes fluttered opened. I let out a sigh as I did not manage to ask the girl more. My gaze was then shifted to the man who was sleeping beside me. His arms around me, embracing me. The corner of my lips turned upward as my eyes wandered around his chiseled face. Out of all things that I found out, I loved the fact that the man who I fell for was mine, the most. I was tracing Sehun's cheeks when he opened his eyes.

"Oppa.." I gasped in surprise. Sehun flashed a smile.

"Morning honey" Sehun croaked out. A lump formed in my throat, making me swallowed hard. My heart began to thump fast.

"Fluttered?" A smirk crept on Sehun's face.

"Fl--fluttered? N--no" I gnawed on my lips, knowing that my lie was really obvious. Just why that I stuttered?! Okay, I was not used to Sehun waking up beside me and giving me that seducing smile while calling me honey. But I liked it.

Sehun let out a soft chuckle. He pulled me closer and placed my head on his chest. Sehun planted me a kiss on my forehead before resting his chin on my head. I smiled as I snuggled in his arms. Being in his arms somehow felt like something I had missed doing for a very long time. It was indeed.

"I really miss you" Sehun whispered softly. I looked up at him.

"Sorry I didn't remember you" I smiled weakly at him. Sehun shook his head.

"It's fine. I understand. As long as you're safe and sound, it's more than enough" Sehun said calmly as if he was completely fine when I knew he was suffering amd hurting much more than me. I gazed into his eyes. 

"Oppa, even though I can't remember you, my heart remembers you well. How can I end up liking you again?" I let out a soft chuckle, trying to sooth my man. Sehun smiled and dropped a kiss on my lips.

"Do you love me that much uhm?" Sehun chuckled. 

"Oppa, I think I don't want to remember my past. If my inner-self decided to erase the memories, it must be to protect me" I paused for a while before I finished my sentence. I brought my hands to Sehun's face and cupped his cheeks.

"So oppa, don't be scared anymore. Let's start new uhm? Love me with ease and I'll love you more. Don't torture your heart" I assured him. I did not want him to be afraid anymore. I did not want him to hold himself back.

"Yoora-ya.." Sehun was speechless.

"And we need to catch up a lot to make up all these times I thought you're just that secretary oppa who lives with me for 12 years, right?" I chortled.

A smile formed on Sehun's face, lifting some burden from my chest. It felt really good to see the man who I loved to be happy. Sehun my hair as he gazed deeply into my eyes. He moved his face closer to mine and placed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. 

Finally, this felt right.

...

"Secretary Oh--emm I mean Secretary Byun. Sorry I keep slipping a wrong name" I apologized. This was really weird. I was not used to have a new secretary. Okay, Baekhyun was not new. It was just me who felt new. I needed to get myself used to it.

"Its okay CEO Kang. I understand" Baekhyun smiled reassuringly. 

"Emm Secretary Byun, have you send out the invitation cards for our celebration party to our branch in Japan?" I asked.

"Yes CEO Kang. The preparations are also going on well. I'll make sure this event will run smoothly" Baekhyun informed. I gave him a nod. Okay, no wonder Sehun trusted this man. He worked on things as perfect as Sehun. He was my secretary for almost four years anyway, as what I had been told.

"If there's nothing, I need to go now because there's a meeting I need to attend" Baekhyun excused himself.

"Ah yes. Thank you, Secretary Byun" I thanked him. Baekhyun nodded and left my office.

I was so lucky this man was very positive. He smiled a lot and I admitted I liked him. After a few days having him around as my secretary, I liked him even more. And I could not deny he was more cheerful than Sehun which was one of Baekhyun's irresistible charm. Sadly I could not remember him as my secretary. A call suddenly interrupted my thoughts. A smile crept on my face as I read the caller ID.

"Secretary Oh, why are you calling me at this hour? You know I don't like being interrupted when I'm doing works right?" I joked. I heard Sehun chortled on the other side.

"Sorry CEO Kang. I'm just calling to ask for a lunch together. Or are you too busy? Should I order for delivery?" Sehun giggled.

"It's okay Secretary Oh. I think I want to have a lunch outside with you" I played with my pen and drawed a love on the blank paper.

"Because you miss me?" Sehun asked. I rolled my eyes as if I was annoyed. I could already imagined him smirking. 

"Not at all" I lied. Honestly, I really missed him as my secretary. Even though Baekhyun did a great job but I still not used to not have Sehun around. Or did I just love him too much?

"Liar. You're smiling to your ears" Sehun said.

"No I'm not!" I held my cheeks to supress the smile but I just could not help it! 

"You'll hurt your cheek if you hold your smile" Sehun uttered. I creased a frown.

"How did you know I'm holding my--" I gasped in shock as my eyes caught Sehun's figure at my door frame, staring at me. Sehun creased a smile and paced towards me. I pressed the end call button and rushed towards him.

"Oppa, when did you come?" I asked with a cheerful tone as I could not hide my excitement for seeing him in my office. 

"You like it that much that I'm here?" Sehun pulled me into a hug.

"Oppa! We're in the office!" I chided.

"So?" Sehun did not care even a tad for that he then kissed me on my cheeks. I widened my eyes at him, feigning anger. Sehun let out a chuckle.

"Let's go. I'm hungry" Interlacing our fingers together, Sehun pulled me together with him. I shook my head as I allowed myself being dragged by Sehun.

...

I threw an incredulous look as I watched Sehun ate. He did have a huge appetite. Sehun said he craved for Chinese food so we came to the usual restaurant. He just ordered jjajangmyeon when he already finished 2 serving of hot pot. 

"Don't look at me like that. I craved for jjajangmyeon since last week" Sehun said with his stuffed mouth. I shook my head.

"Alright. Eat a lot uhm?" I pushed my jjajangmyeon to him. Suddenly something popped out of my head.

"Ah so last time when you asked me when did you order yourself 6 servings of spring rolls, is it when we--" I paused. Sehun lifted his head and looked at me. Creasing a smile, he nodded.

"Are you that hungry?" Yoora asked with a chuckle, amused with her fiance who had finished almost 4 servings of his favorite spring roll.

"Don't even ask that question" Sehun replied without sparing a look at Yoora. He was not just hungry but he was starving. Walking around all day preparing for their wedding really worn him out. Yoora let out another chuckle.

"Alright. Since my oppa here was very patient with me today, you can eat to your heart content. I'll pay" Yoora said. Sehun raised his head. His eyes were shining with contentment which Yoora found very adorable.

"Assa! You've said it okay? You can't take it back" Sehun continued eating, filling his stomach as much as he wanted. This kind of opportunity was rare so he refused to waste it! Seeing big appetite of her man, Yoora shook her head. She guessed she needed to cook a lot once they got married.

"Ahjumma! Two more servings of spring roll here!"


"So it was before our wedding? No wonder I feel so familiar with this place" I looked around the restaurant as if I was reminiscing the moments, the moments which was lost from my memory. Shifting my gaze to Sehun who was digging into his food, the corner of my lips turned upward, amused.

"Oppa, do you want to want to eat ice cream after this?" I suggested. Sehun nodded his head frantically.

"Kol!"

...

Closing my eyes, I listened to Sehun playing a song on the piano. The song which got itself into my dreams, filling the dreams with harmony. If before I could only listen to it in my dreams, now I could listen to the song in reality, played by the man who I loved. Sehun hit the last note before averting his gaze to me. He brought my hand into his and gave it a kiss. I smiled to him.

"Did you play this song a lot before?" I asked. Sehun nodded.

"Yes. I write this song myself. It's our wedding present" Sehun said. So that was why I could not find the song anywhere. The song was written just for ours. Slowly, I rested my head on Sehun's shoulder.

"Remember the dreams that I told you before? The one which had mysterious music, white place.." I paused. I heard Sehun hummed before I continued.

"It turned out that, this song is that mysterious music. Your song is the one who filled my dreams, making me less lonely" I lifted my head from Sehun's shoulder and turned my head to look at Sehun.

"What's the title?" I asked.

"Promise" Sehun paused for a while. He swept away a few strands of hair from my forehead and gazed into my eyes.

"When I decided to marry you, I made a promise. A promise to love you, to make you happy, to protect you, forever" Sehun's words really touched me. Even he was hurting, he kept his promise. He refrained himself from telling the truth, no matter how hard it was for that he afraid I would hurt myself. Sehun, disregarded his own feelings, just to keep me safe.

"Oppa.." Tears started to form at the corner of my eyes. 

"Don't cry. I didn't say those for you to cry" Sehun let out a soft chuckle. I snorted.

"No I'm not!" I quickly wiped my teary eyes before the tears fell.

"How can you hold yourself back really well?" I asked out of curiousity. Imagined your own wife suddenly forgot that you were her husband and you could not hold her like you used to? It was a complete torture!

"No I didn't. I cheat once a while" Sehun winked. Suddenly something flashed in my mind.

My eyes fluttered open just to find that I was in someone's embrace. Looking up, I found Sehun staring into my eyes. My gaze then fell on my arms around his waist. Sehun suddenly pulled me closer and rested his chin on my head. I froze in my spot, clueless on what was happening. I woke up to another dream?

"Sleep" Sehun hushed me to sleep. His hand patted me on my shoulder gently. The warmth in his arms soothed me, making it hard for me to refuse. My eyelids became heavier and heavier.

Without me realizing, I fell asleep.


"Wait, it wasn't a dream, right? You pretended that you know nothing, right?" I narrowed my eyes at Sehun. Shaking his head, Sehun let out a chuckle.

Sehun walked out of his room, failed to sleep again. No matter how hard he forced his eyes to shut close, they just refused to listen. The fear of Yoora remembered her dark memories kept him wide awake. And Sehun admitted he still did not use to sleep alone on his bed. It felt so big as he was too used to have Yoora by his side.

Without him knowing, his feet brought him to Yoora's room. Turning the knob, he quietly opened the door. As usual, he stood at the door frame, watching Yoora slept. It had been a habit for himself to come to Yoora's room at night whenever he could not sleep. It was like a tranquilizer to him. Seeing her was more than enough even though he could not hold her like before. 

Yoora's moan brought Sehun's back from his trance. Her forehead was creased to a frown and sweat started to trickle down her sideburn. Yoora's body started to squirm side to side as if she was having a nightmare. Failed to refrain his worrisome, Sehun paced closer to Yoora. Hesitantly, Sehun lied beside Yoora. Propping his head up with his arm, Sehun patted her shoulder gently.

Hushing Yoora to sleep, it worked incredibly. Yoora stopped squirming and began to sleep soundly again. Amused, Sehun cracked a smile. Afraid Yoora would had a nightmare again, Sehun stayed for a while. Somehow he felt reluctant to leave. Going out of his rational mind, Sehun moved closer to Yoora and pulled her into his embrace.

Sehun's eyes traveled from Yoora's eyes to her lips, satisfying his longing for his wife. Carefully yet fondly, Sehun dropped a kiss on Yoora's forehead. Beyond Sehun's expectation, Yoora placed her arms around his waist and snuggled in his embrace. Stunned, Sehun stared dazedly at Yoora who still had her eyes closed. 

Suddenly, Yoora's eyes fluttered opened, surprising Sehun. Sehun swallowed hard, afraid his disguise would be revealead. Taking a lungful of air, Sehun tried to remain his composure. He could not be panic. He just needed to make Yoora believed it was just a dream. Thus, Sehun chose to go beyond Yoora's expectation. Pulling her closer, Sehun rested his chin on Yoora's forehead.

"Sleep" Sehun patted Yoora to sleep. Incredibly, it worked.



"Have you done? Let's go! Sehun-ah, Yoora-ya, we'll be late tonight so have dinner without us okay?" Sehun shook his head as he watched his father-in-law was dragged by his mother-in-law. Somehow he missed how Yoora did that to him, forcing him to accompany her here and there. Refused to dwell on that, Sehun shifted his attention to Yoora.

"So, shall we go now CEO Kang?" Sehun asked.

"Sehun oppa" Yoora looked into Sehun's eyes. Somehow, Sehun felt anxious. Did she remember last night?

"Did you come to my room last night?" Yoora's question made Sehun broke into cold sweats. His heart began to thump hard against his chest. Discreetly, Sehun tried to remain calm.

"What?" Sehun feigned innocence as if he was baffled with Yoora's question. Gladly, Yoora took his lie well.

"It's impossible, isn't it? Stupid me! Nevermind, let's go" Yoora paced away and made her way to the car. Heaving a sigh of relief, Sehun followed behind her trail.


"Heol, I can't believe that I was deceived by your lie! No wonder it felt so real because it is real" I massaged my temple.

"Just be an actor. I'm sure you'll be a great one" I snorted. Sehun chortled.

"That was not the first time though" Sehun confessed.

"What?" My eyes rounded in surprise. I never knew Sehun always sneaked into my room!

"You really sleep like a baby that you didn't even realize I came in. But that time was the first time I was caught by you. But I guess I covered it well, making you think it was a dream. Nice dream wasn't it?" Sehun smirked. I creased a smile but that smile slowly faded away when a thought crossed my mind.

"Isn't it hurt to hold yourself back like that...?" Lowering my head, I asked. Thinking of how painful it was for Sehun made me hurt as well. 

"Yes it hurt" Sehun lifted my head up, locking our eyes together. 

"It hurt very much so I don't want to hold back anymore" Sehun said softly almost inaudible.

He leaned closer to me, reducing our distance. Taken aback, I jerked backward making me almost fell behind. Fortunately, Sehun supported my back in instant. I swallowed hard as I gazed into his eyes. My heart started to beat like crazy. Moving his face closer to mine, Sehun placed his lips against mine. His hand on my back pushed me closer to him, deepening our kiss. Slowly, I got drown in that kiss of his. Pulling back for a while, Sehun stared into my eyes, smiling.

"I love you, Kang Yoora"

 

 

 

 

 

Is this the end?! No no. Of course not! I can't let Yoora burried her past just like that. LOL anyway thank you for reading and subscribing to my story! XOXO Ah, don't forget to leave some comments! You guys know that I like it right? <3