Chapter 7

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

"Ouch, gently" Sehun flinched. His face was all scrunched up, trying to supress the pain. I shook my head as I applied the antiseptic on the bruise on his elbow. 

Not long after Sehun found me on the street, police came to our rescue. No words could express my gratitude. It was like the stars listened to my wish. It was not Sehun could not fight the gangsters well. He did beyond great actually. Despite the fact he was outnumbered, almost all of them were fed by Sehun's fist. 

Sehun was taught different type of martial arts, making him almost invincible. That was one of the reasons I did not need a bodyguard. Sehun was more than enough. It was like killing two birds with one stone. So when he beat the gangsters all by himself, I was not even surprised. But it did not mean he did not hurt himself. Sehun alreay had cuts and bruises here and there by the time police arrived.

"Thank you for earlier" I said softly, only for him to hear. I put on a bandage on Sehun's elbow to cover the wound. My eyes then shifted to his face which was also bruised, wrenching my heart. Slowly, my finger traced his face.

"What should we do with your face...." my chest tightened to the sight of Sehun's bruised face. Because of me..

"It's really fine" Sehun let out a chuckle to assure me that he was not hurt but I refused to believe him. I shook my head.

"I'm telling the truth! I'm fine though. And you! What are you doing at night out there alone? Do you know how dangerous for a woman to be outside alone especially at night? If I didn't come earlier, what would happen to you?!" Sehun raised his tone. I had my head lowered, could not afford to look at Sehun in his eyes.

"I'm just--I feel so miserable. There're too many things in my mind.." I murmured.

"And--it's not like I want that to happen.." My voice trailled off as tears started to trickle down my cheeks. Honestly, I was still frightened by what had happened. The way the looked at me with his lustful eyes as if he was going to eat me, the way he touched me, there were all so disgusting! 

"Yoora-ya, I--I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you" Sehun budged closer to place his arm around my shoulder and patted it lightly. As usual, his warmth soothed me that I cried even harder.

"Oppa..I'm..scared" I muffled in my cry.

"It's okay Yoora-ya. I'm not going to let any man to touch you again. I'm so sorry" Sehun pulled me closer and bumped my head against his chest. His hand traveled to my head and it gently. His scent somehow calmed me.

I guess the star listens to my other prayers as well. From thousand of questions lingered at the back of my mind, at least, one question was answered.

I love Oh Sehun. 

As a man.


...

I set my gaze on Sehun who was helping me sorting out documents in my office. It had been three days since the night I was attacked but I still did not forget how warm it was in Sehun's embrace. I made up my mind. I needed to confess. I knew Sehun shared the same feelings but he, as much as me, was contemplating.

About Jongin. He did not either call or text me like he used to. He did not even know about that night. And me myself did not have the thought of contacting him first. It was good actually. I could think properly about my relationship with Jongin. After three days of deep thinking, I decided to end things with him.

"Secretary Oh" I called out for Sehun.

"Yes CEO Kang" Sehun raised his head.

"Do you want to have a dinner with me tonight? I want to treat you for saving me that night" I asked. I guessed it was the time I told him about my feelings and all. A dinner would be a great timing. Sehun creased a smile, did not have a slightest idea of what I was preparing.

"Sure" Sehun gave me a nod.

"I'll meet you after the meeting with Kim Group. You can go first because I need to go somewhere first" I informed. 

"Okay CEO Kang"

...

Fidgeting with my own fingers, I waited for Jongin anxiously in his office. I tried to practice a proper breathing, calming myself. Even after three days mustering the courage needed, the fear of facing Jongin was still there. My mind was restless as it was preparing the best words to use. Never I knew asking for a break up would be this hard.

"Yoora-ssi" Jongin finally showed up but he looked different. His face was pale and his voice sounded so weak. It was like he did not rest for days. I thought he was a walking corpse for a second.

"Sorry I have to ask you to come here. I hope you don't mind" Jongin paced closer. He raised his arms as if he was going to embrace me but halted midway. Instead, he tucked his hand into his pocket. Weird...did he know..?

"Jongin-ssi, are you okay?" I asked, worried of his state. He looked like he was going to pass out any soon! Instead of answering, Jongin flashed a smile. Strangely, that smile of his looked bitter.

"Yoora-ssi, do you want to have a walk with me outside?" Jongin asked. I nodded hesitantly. I did not mind but I doubt Jongin could drag his own body with the state he was in at the moment.

"So, let's go?" I raised a brow when Jongin did not budge. Instead, he gazed deeply into my eyes. It then dawned to me that his eyes had lost their radiant, replaced by sorrow.

"Yoora-ssi" Jongin uttered with his soft voice, almost inaudible.

"Can I ask something from you?" Jongin asked. Baffled, I nodded subtly.

"Can I hug you?" Jongin's request created a puzzled expression on my face. Since when he asked for my permission before he hugged me? 

"I take it as yes" Jongin said when I did not give him any respond. It was not like I did not want to answer him. It was just, I was too stunned with his request to the extent my mind went vacant!

Jongin pulled me into his embrace and hugged me tight as if he did not want to let go. Placing my hands on his back, I patted it lightly. I did not know what was going on but I was very sure Jongin had a problem. His embrace became weaker and before I realized it, Jongin's arms fell to his side. Luckily, I managed to catch him before his body met the floor.

"Jongin-ssi? Jongin-ssi?!"

...

Again, Jongin was dehydrated. Lack of rest and proper meal made it even worse. The nurses said Jongin was pushing himself too much these days. They said, they doubt Jongin went home as they kept seeing him around. Jongin replaced all the shifts, went in and out of surgery room, doing all the rounds in the wards. In other word, he overworked.

I thought this day would be the day I was released from all these misery but I guessed I was wrong. I deemed I had to bear with these a little bit longer. Deciding not to leave Jongin, I canceled my dinner plan with Sehun. Instead, I stayed with Jongin. This was the least I could do for him.

Fixing my gaze on Jongin who was lying weakly on the bed, guilt struck me. I could not bring up the break up matter especially in his current state. I was sure Jongin was having a problem which he kept from me. It was obvious that he was keeping himself busy to run from that problem of his.

"Yoora-ssi" Jongin croaked out, bringing me back from my trance.

"You woke up.." I let out a sigh. He should sleep more though! Jongin sat up and looked at me in the eyes. A smiled creased in his face, looking so weak.

"I've passed out again and it was in front of you too" Jongin let out a chuckle.

"Jongin-ssi! It's not funny okay? Do you know how scared  I was back then? You look like you're going to die! I heard you didn't go home for days! Why did you push yourself that hard, uhm?" I sputtered. This man needed to be scolded!

"You're worried about me?" Jongin asked.

"Of course I'm worried!" I affirmed. My voice raised a tone. Jongin let out a sigh before throwing his gaze outside. 

"Have you eat your dinner?" Jongin shifted his gaze back to me after a brief silence.

"I should be the one who asks!" I snorted, totally upset by him. How could he be worried of my meal when he himself did not take care of his own meal! 

"Yoora-ssi. You said you have something to tell me" Jongin reminded me. A lump impulsively formed inside my throat. I gulped anxiously. Before I managed to answer, Jongin continued.

"Before you said yours, can I say mine first?" Jongin asked for my permission. The smile he had earlier had disappeared and there was not a slight of playfulness could be trace in his voice. This was my first time seeing this side of him and I could not deny he scared me a bit. Nevertheless, I nodded.

"Let's break up" Jongin said. Baffled, I blinked a few times.

"So what do you want to say to me?" Jongin asked.

"I--I just want to ask about the same thing" I stammered. This was unbelievable! How on earth did this thing happened? Jongin let out a bitter laugh.

"Because of Sehun?" Jongin quirked his brow. Instead of answering, I remained silence. Jongin smirked.

"So it's not a problem then. We both want to end things between us. Mutual decision. Right Yoora-ssi?" Jongin forced a laugh. 

"But I want you to know, that I really like you. There's not a second I fake my feelings towards you. It's just I come to a realization that I love Sehun more" I looked into Jongin's eyes, trying to read his deep gaze. Jongin remained silence.

"If there's nothing, I'll excuse myself. Thank you for the times you've spent for me. I'll keep them as good memories" I got up from my seat and gave him a bow. I was turning on my heels when Jongin grabbed me by my wrist, pulling me into his embrace.

"Jongin-ssi" I was stunned.

"Just let me hold you, for the last time" Jongin whispered softly as he pulled me closer. 

"Please take care of yourself and promise me, don't ever hurt yourself" Jongin's voice began to quaver. His words somehow teared me up. I bit my lower lips to supress the urge to cry. Jongin my hair before he continued.

"I love you Yoora-ssi"

 

 

 

So that's the end of Jongin and Yoora's love story. Sorry Niniiiiii TT So after this, expect more for SeYoo moments~ Anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing! Let me know what do you think will happen next   *smirk