Chapter 16

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

Okay so this is what I promised to you. Yoora and Sehun's past. So, shall we get started?


Nervous, I fixed the dress I had put on. Then I took out a small mirror from my handbag, checking my makeup. Satisfied, I smiled nervously. The moment since Chanyeol said he wanted to see me, my heart just could not stop thumping against my chest. It just became harder and harder. But I was used to it, since the first time I met Chanyeol, my crush.

"Yoora-ya, sorry I'm late! There's a terrible traffic jam I barely passed through it!" A man showed up, making me breathless by only the sight of him. He took the seat in front of me.

"Chanyeol-sunbae" I gave him a nod. 

"Wow, you look beautiful tonight" Chanyeol remarked. A shed of pink coloured my fair cheeks.

"Just when you're not pretty uhm? The most beautiful and famous student back in college?" Chanyeol let out a soft chuckle.

"Sunbae, stop it" I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks.

"Okay okay I'll stop. Have you placed your order?" Chanyeol asked. I just shook my head without uttering a word. When I was with Chanyeol, I became mute. Words just could not come out from my mouth. 

Chanyeol called the waitress and made our orders. As usual, Chanyeol would rant to me about his works as a novelist. I still remembered how crazy I was back in university. Just for the sake of to be with Chanyeol, I even enrolled in the book club he was in when the fact was, I hated books. Because of Chanyeol, I brought myself to read the novels I barely touched. The power of love, huh?

"Emm Yoora-ya, I have something to tell you" Chanyeol said softly. I gulped nervously.

"Remember about the girl I've a crush on?" Chanyeol asked. My brows knitted together, forming a frown. Of course I remembered! That girl was my senior and also the one who knocked the door to my Chanyeol's heart! I nodded subtly.

"She confessed to me" Chanyeol cracked a smile. I felt my whole world just turned pitch black. A lump formed in my throat. I took a lungful of air to calm my wrenched heart.

"Congratulation sunbae! I--I'm really happy for you!" I forced a smile but I was sure it looked bitter.

"And we're planning to get married" Chanyeol really made me want to pass out. 

"Wh-why is it so fast? Isn't it too soon?" My voice became weaker and weaker. 

"It's too soon right? Even me mysefl can't believe it" Chanyeol let out a laugh before he continued.

"But that's just how it turned out. She confessed to me and brought me to see her parents. Since they're moving to New York in two months, they--they ask me to go with them. Get married to their daughter and move, together" Chanyeol said.

"So you're--leaving?" I bit my lower lips to suppress my cry. Chanyeol took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. 

"Yoora-ya, I tell you this because you're my closest junior. I think, you've the right to know. And I want to say thank you for all these times. Thank you for being with me, giving me strength, cheering me up and all. I really appreciate them. I want to let you know that you're not just a junior to me, you're like a little sister" Chanyeol flashed me a smile.

"Ri--right. Your--your little sister" I swallowed hard. This pain was almost unbearable. I need to go!

"So uhmm congrats for your wedding! You better live happily with her okay? Or this sister will fly to New York and shred her to pieces!" I let out a fake laugh.

"Uhm, sunbae. I think I need to go now. I've an important meeting early in the morning" I took my handbag and stood up.

"Ah really? Sorry I keep a busy CEO until late night! I'll take you home" Chanyeol also stood up, ready to bring me home.

"No it's fine. I--I came here by my own car. No need to send me" I lied. 

I gave Chanyeol a bow and left hastily as my sight was already blurry, swelling with tears. As I stepped outside, the tears I had been holding the entire time, burst out. With a trembling hand, I reached for my phone.

"Sehun-oppa. Can you fetch me?"

...

I closed my eyes as I felt the sea breeze touched my cheeks softly. The sound of waves hitting the shores became a calming eargasm, making me slowly drown in it. The scent of the salty water wafted in the air which I found myself gradually fell in love with. A sudden feel of cold metal against my cheeks made me flinched in surprise, forcing me to open my eyes.

"Sorry I made you startled" Sehun let out a chuckle and placed himself beside me. He handed me a coke he bought.

"Thank you" I took the can and had a sip. 

"Do you feel better?" Sehun asked. Nodding, I flashed Sehun a smile.

The news of Chanyeol's sudden marriage and leaving the country really fell hard on me. The feelings that I kept for him for almost four years shattered into pieces. I thought when we had a close relationship, I would had a chance. Never crossed my mind that the girl who Chanyeol liked from far would kept the same feeling for him. If I had known earlier, I should confess to him first. I admitted, it was my mistake.

I thought when he called me out that night, he had realized his feelings for me. But I guessed I was wrong. Chanyeol really saw me as a little sister. Not more than that. The way he treated me, unwittingly gave me some hopes. And people were right when they said, hopes were the most painful scars. It really hurt to the point I was not being myself.

"Yoora-ya" Sehun brought me back from my trance. I swirled my head to look at him.

"I know you're hurting. You can be sad as much as you want but--" Sehun paused to gaze into my eyes.

"Don't make it too long. I miss the old you" Sehun murmured.

"Sorry oppa.." I creased a weak smile.

"And thank you for taking me here" I continued. After being out of my mind for a week, Sehun was really worried thus 'kidnapping' me and took me to the beach. As usual, the only place that can calmed me worked incredibly. Turning my head to the sea in front of me, I took a lungful of air.

"I, Kang Yoora, will forget her crush, Park Chanyeol, and start a new life!!" I shouted to the sea. Sehun let out a chuckle. I turned my head back to Sehun.

"Oppa, don't worry anymore. I'm strong! I can go through this!" I turned my hand into a fist, determined to let go.

"That's the spirit!" Sehun lifted his hand and placed it on my head, it gently. Stunned, my mouth was sealed tight. His eyes were gazing deeply into mine. Without me knowing, my heart suddenly skipped a beat. A lump unwittingly formed in my throat. Sehun immediately took his hand off and rubbed the nape of his neck.

"Do you want to have an ice cream?" Sehun suggested. I cleared my throat and tried to act cool.

"Alright"

...

"All these?!" I gasped in surprised to a stack of papers dropped in front of me. Sehun shook his head.

"No CEO Kang. There are more from last year. Do you want to have a look at them? I'll bring them for you" Sehun stood up to take the reports but I pulled him back down. 

"It's alright Secretary Oh. Let's finish this first" I massaged my temple. Deep in my heart, I was cursing out loud. I was almost close to get a project in Itaewon but that suspicious MS Group was getting in my way. There was something fishy about their move and I needed to look for it! 

"That project will determine our fate. We can't lose especially to that MS group! I can't afford to see that jerk Kim Minseok boasting about his dirty works! We need evidence!" My hand turned into a fist as Minseok's arrogant face appeared before my eyes.

"Are you ready Secretary Oh?" I shifted my gaze to Sehun. 

"More than ready" Sehun nodded in determination. Taking a lungful of air, I began to flip through the papers.

"Ouch!" I flinched. Blood started to form from the paper cut.

"Yoora-ya!" Sehun hastily pulled my injured fingers and brought it to his lips, the blood. I blinked a few times, stunned.

"Wait here" Sehun went out for a while. In no time, he came with a first aid kit box. Without uttering a word, I stared as Sehun began to clean up my wound.

"I know this project is important but you're important as well. If you get hurt, who will lead us?" Sehun muttered. He applied an antiseptic over the cut and blew on it softly before covering the cut with a small plaster. I gulped nervously. Unwittingly, I found myself breathless.

"Be careful, uhm?" Sehun lifted his head up and looked into my eyes, locking our gazes. Okay, this was not right because I could hear my heart thumping really fast against my chest. 

This was not the first time though. Lately, my heart did not listen to me well. It would beat like crazy when Sehun was around. Even when he smiled, I would find myself breathless. Was it made sense? If our skin brushed with each other, it was like a current electrifying my whole body. And now with my hand in his, I guessed I would die.

"Ah th--thank you" I pulled my hand instantly and looked away. 

Nervous, I quickly took a paper in front of me, pretending to scan through the lines despite the fact my mind was not working well at the moment. I heard Sehun chuckled softly. Okay this is crazy because even his chuckle made me go wild. Discreetly, I sneaked a glance at Sehun who was having his focus back on the papers. I placed a hand against my chest, feeling my fast heartbeat.

I'm in trouble...

...

Taking out all the pictures I had with Chanyeol, I dumped them all in a box. Everything that I kept when I spent my times with Chanyeol, also had their place in that box. In order to completely move on, I decided to not leave any of my memories with Chanyeol in my room. I was about to throw the box away when Sehun walked into my room.

"Yoora-ya, thank you for lending me your ipad" Sehun handed me my ipad. I beckoned him to place it on my bed since my hand was holding the box. Sehun nodded. My eyes followed him as he left my ipad on my bed.

"What's that?" Sehun asked while pointing at the box in my hand.

"Ah? This one?" I raised the box before continuing.

"Just, throwing all the unnecessary things. I've told you, I want to move on from Chanyeol sunbae, right?" I said. Sehun rounded his eyes before letting out a laugh.

"Woah, looking at how you handle your feelings to this extent...woah, our little Yoora has grown up a lot" Sehun suddenly patted me on my head, making me gulped nervously.

My heart began to act wild again as it beat faster than it should be. The longer I gazed into Sehun's eyes, the faster it beat. Sehun flashed me a smile, did not have a single clue that his small action made me fluttered, again and again. Okay, I had enough of all these! Putting down the box, I tried to calm the thumping heart of mine.

"Oppa" I looked into Sehun's eyes. Sehun hummed as a respond.

"Do you know, the fastest way to move on is to love another man?" I asked. 

"What--" I stood on my tip toe and kissed Sehun on his lips, silencing him. Sehun blinked his eyes in utter bafflement.

"I--I think I--I like you" I confessed. I don't care anymore! I don't care if he is my secretary! I fall for him so what?!

"Yoora--"

"Yes I know I'm crazy! I know this doesn't make sense but I think I'll become crazier if I hide this feelings. You--you make me fluttered. You make my heart bea--beat faster. You--" Sehun pulled me and captured my lips. My eyes rounded in surprise. Sehun's hand traveled to my back and pulled me closer, deepening his kiss. Slowly, I found myself closing my eyes, kissing him back.

I guess my feelings are just being reciprocated.

...

"Thank you sir for cooperating with us" I shook my client's hand. The man named Mr Bryan gave me a nod and we went out from the meeting room together.

"It's really a pleasure for us to do a business in Korea with you" He bowed for the last time to Sehun and I before making his leave. When they disappeared from our sight, I gave Sehun a high five.

"Good job, Secretary Oh!" I squealed in excitement. Finally we got the contract with that American guys who we strived for months!

"No, I'm the one who supposed to say that to you. Good job CEO Kang!" As usual, Sehun was being humble when it was his idea in the very first place to get that American company to cover for our lost to that jerky Kim Minseok! 

"Aigooo my secretary is being very humble now. So should I treat you a dinner?" I asked. Sehun shook his head.
 
"Then a lunch?" I raised a brow. Sehun shook his head again. Leaning closer, Sehun kissed me on my cheeks

"This" Sehun smirked. Clearing my throat, I tried to hide my smile. Feigning anger, I rounded my eyes at him.

"Secretary Oh, how many times should I tell you, we're at the comp--" Sehun refused to listen as he kissed me on the lips. 

"That's a congratulatory gift. So shall we go? You have another meeting in one hour" Sehun said and paced away. Failed to hide my fluttering heart, a smile crept on my face. This man was really hard to be mad at!

It was not like we dated in secret. Everyone in the company already knew that we were seeing each other for almost a year. But still, I would prefer to not show our affection in the company. So, it was a CEO-secretary relationship in the working hours but when it ended, it would be a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. 

"CEO Kang, you're not coming?" Sehun shouted from far, bringing me back from my trance.

"Ah yes" I scurried to Sehun who was waiting for me with a smile on his face.

"Let's go" I said. We walked for a few steps before Sehun came into a halt. Colours suddenly drained from his face, making it looked pale as if he just saw a ghost. 

"Secretary Oh, why--?" I averted my gaze to his direction just to find a beautiful woman standing in front of us. Her eyes were glistening as if she would cry any soon. The woman stepped closer and hugged Sehun, surprising me.

"Sehun oppa, finally I found you" 

...

Standing quietly, I stared at Sehun from far. Since he met his sister this afternoon, Sehun did not utter a word. I stayed quiet without asking him any question despite the overwhelming curiousity inside me. Honestly I was quiet surprised when the woman introduced herself as Sehun's younger sister. I never knew Sehun had a sibling. He came from an orphanage alone after all.

I heard Sehun sighing as he threw his gaze to the night sky. Luckily it was not too cold outside or else I would be worrying over his health. Sehun suddenly turned around, surprising me. In instant, his eyes caught me, watching him. I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. Creasing a smile, Sehun gestured me to come closer. Hesitantly, I paced to him. 

When I reached him, Sehun immediately pulled me into his arms, hugging me tight. Somehow, I could feel his sorrow. Even though it was not as painful as Sehun's, but still, I felt hurt to see him like this. Patting his back gently, I tried to give him some strength, hoping that the pain he was bearing would lessen. We stayed in each others arm for a while before Sehun pulled back. 

"Better?" I caressed his cheeks. Sehun nodded.

"I think this is why a man needs a woman beside him?" Sehun let out a soft chuckle before throwing his gaze back to the night sky. Again, silence swallowed both of us. 

"Her name is Raon, Oh Raon" Sehun suddenly spoke up. I swirled my head to Sehun who still had his eyes at the sky.

"She's my younger sister who I cherish very much. When I was little, she is my strength. When my father hit me, she was the one who always cried for me. I hate to see her cry, so whenever our father hit me, I would never say it hurt. I said, 'since Raon is here, oppa heals faster'. And she believed it" Sehun let out a chuckle. But somehow it sounded bitter to me.

"My parents always fought with each other and they even cheated each other in front of me. I thought I could stand it but it was such an eye-sore. I just couldn't watch it anymore. So I decided to leave. At first, I wanted to take Raon together with me, but I thought it would be better for Raon to stay there. She had a lot of people loving and cherishing her. Even my parents loved her more than me" Sehun swallowed hard.

"So I guess her future was more secured if I left her there. If she followed me, I couldn't guarantee her well-being. I didn't have power or money to support her and even myself. Thus, I left alone. I ended up in an orphanage far away from my house. Finally, I felt alive. I didn't have to hear my parents bickering and I received so much love there. I didn't go to school because the orphanage I stayed in, was not that rich. Since I thought I didn't have a future, I gave that opportunity to the younger ones" Sehun paused.

"I thought, I had enough and I should be grateful. I had place to stay, I got food and received a lot of loves from the people there. It was more than enough actually. I wanted to stay like that forever but it changed when I met your father" Sehun turned his head to me and smiled.

"He made me realize, I had a chance to be more successful. I love the way he talked and he's very humble. He inspired me and I started to dream again. I asked him if he could help me to get a job and that was how I ended up being your secretary" Sehun pinched my nose lightly, making me giggled.

"Your father gave me education, gave me home, love, job. I can't be more thankful for that. I have a huge debt to your father. I don't even know how to pay his kindness. I'm really happy to be in this family. I think I'm too happy that I forget my own sister who I left behind. I--I felt guilty. I--I felt really bad" Sehun's voice began to quaver. I took his hand and gave it a light squeeze, soothing him.

"Earlier when she met me, she--she cried. She said she cried a lot when I left. I was so stupid back then. I thought if I left her, she would be fine but I never thought of her feelings. She said our parents passed away two years after I left home and she felt even lonelier. She said there's not a single day she didn't think of me but I simply forgot her--" Sehun paused to take a lungful of air. I could see how hard he was trying to hold his tears.

"She asked me to come home with her. She asked me to take over the company with her but I don't think I deserve to be with her. I left her. It'd be shameless of me to just return. She--" I pulled Sehun into my embrace.

"Oppa, if you feel sorry for her, just go back to her uhm? Don't you think this is a chance for you to make up things with your sister? If you turn her down, do you think she'll be happy? You said you neglect her feelings before, so do you want to do it again?" I uttered softly. I pulled back and held Sehun by his shoulder. Wiping the tears rolling down his cheeks, I kissed him on the lips.

"Oppa, go back uhm? Your sister will be so happy to have you. She missed you so much. It's not a crime to return home. I'm sure everyone is waiting for you" I creased a smile. 

"Yoora-ya" Sehun burst into tears again. I pulled him into my arms again, soothing him. Unwittingly, I began to cry as well.

"It's okay, oppa. It's okay.."

...

"Good morning CEO Kang. I'm your new secretary, Byun Baekhyun. Please take a good care of me!" A bright-looking man bowed, giving me his greeting.

"Nice to meet you, Secretary Byun. Since Sehun recommends you himself, I'm looking forward for your abilities" I creased a smile. 

"Don't worry CEO Kang. I'll never let you down!" Baekhyun said confidently. I gave him a nod and walked into my office.

Okay, this marked the first day I would be working without Sehun. Even though I was happy for that Sehun finally decided to take over his dad's company, I admitted I was a little bit lonely. I was too used of seeing him in my office and suddenly when he was gone, it dawned to me that I relied on him very much. Trusting a new secretary was not an easy task though.

I shook my head. I should learn to let go. Sehun had a brighter future if he became a head of the company. He deserved that. Taking a lungful of air, I my computer. Refused to dwell on useless thoughts, I occupied my mind with works. Baekhyun came in and out, reporting things to me and I admitted he looked experienced. 

It was a busy day and I really respected Baekhyun for being able to handle all the situations well despite it was his first day. I guessed Sehun really thought him well. I sighed as Sehun crossed my mind again. I really missed him even though I just saw him this morning during breakfast. Luckily, the tight schedule made time flew so fast. I gathered my things hastily, could not wait to go home.

"Secretary Byun, you may--" My steps were halted to a man who was sitting at Baekhyun's place. No, it was his place originally.

"You're going back now, CEO Kang?" Sehun creased an adoring smile, making my heart skipped a beat. Failed to refrain myself, I ran towards Sehun and hugged him tight.

"Aigooo, do you miss me that much?" Sehun let out a chuckle.

"Don't you ever dare to ask that question. I miss you so much that I thought I'm going crazy any soon" I murmured as I snuggled in his embrace.

"CEO Kang, we're at the company. You said we can't show off our relationship in the company" Sehun burst out laughing. Annoyed, I hit his chest.

"Oppa!" Pursing my lips, I crossed my arms in front of my chest. A chuckle slipped from Sehun's lips before cupping my cheeks, locking our gaze.

"I miss you too. That's why I ran here once I finished. I want to see you as fast as I can" Sehun caressed my cheeks fondly. Before I could utter a word, Sehun pressed his lips against mine. I did not care if we were still at the company! I just missed him! I closed my eyes,  slowly getting drunk in his intoxicating kiss.

Damn! I swear this man is a drug!

...

I could not believe this day finally came. After dating Sehun for almost two years, we were finally becoming husband and wife! My heart hammered against my chest as I waited for the time I walked into the ballroom. For the nth time, I fixed the wedding dress on my body. Nervous, I tried to calm my irregular breathing.

"Bride, you may come in now" A waitress beckoned me to enter. Taking a lungful of air, I nodded. As I walked out, my dad greeted me with a proud smile on his face.

"Woah, my daughter is very beautiful" My dad caressed my cheeks. Somehow, my chest was tightened.

"It feels like yesterday the nurse put you in my arms. But today I need to send you away" My dad's voice quavered.

"Dad..." I felt my eyes teary.

"Be happy okay? I'm sure Sehun can take care of you well" My dad gave me a hug. Being in his arms, made me burst into tears.

"Aigooo, why are you crying? Your makeup will ruin! Sehun needs to see his beautiful bride" My dad wiped my tears.

"I'm still beautiful without makeup" I let out a soft chuckle. 

"Let's go. Sehun is waiting" My dad offered his arm. Nodding, I linked my arm in his. 

The door is opened, revealing a huge crowd behind it. At the end of the aisle, I could find Sehun standing there, looking as dazzling as ever. As expected, Sehun looked good in tuxedo. Slowly, I walked down the aisle with my dad. The crowd was cheering loudly but I could not hear anything other than my fast beating heart. My dad then let my arm go. He exchanged a meaningful glance to Sehun, a glance that conveyed millions of meanings, his trust, his all

I gazed at my handsome groom, completely enchanted by him. Sehun slided a ring into my ring finger and I did the same to him. Sehun cupped my cheeks and placed his lips against mine. The crowd was cheering loudly but I felt the world was silenced as I was drown in his kiss. Sehun pulled back for a while.

"I love you Kang Yoora" Sehun mouthed.

"I love you too Oh Sehun" I smiled. The crowd was cheering even wilder when Sehun captured my lips again. 

Finally, this man was officially mine.

 

 

 

 

 

Thought this is the end? No! It's too long so I break it into two parts. So you're reading the first part. and, it's not fun to post two parts together, right? LOL Please wait for the second part alright? Enjoy this happy moments of Sehun and Yoora first =)) Anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing! XOXO